Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

I think they will loosen up, given time, and massage won't speed that up.
 
Yea, your probably right. I just remember how long it took to get to this point. I'll keep icing and elevating and just wait on it. Back to needing more in my patience bucket. Is there such a thing as revision blues?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm sure you can get revision blues. Hang in there . This, too shall pass! :console2:
 
I have found I need to overlap tramadol when I take it. It needs a good hour to take affect.
Percocet works at night, but the dreams are so weird and vivid. I go nuts even thinking about them.
Never have that issue with the tramadol, but I haven't been able to sleep all night without the Percocet, otherwise I wake up in pain. Most of my pain is the surgical sight and patella. He must have really done some serious work in that area. The sides of the knee are soar, but it's a stretching sourness. I did feel a slight twinge when I did a leg straightening from the seated position. I think input a lot of strain on the region that got the surgery and release. Just another reminder there is still healing needed there.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I guarantee there's such a thing as revision blues, and it's sorta like TKR revisited, not quite as bad, but hey when you throw in a recuperation that seems to take forever... Hang in there!
 
Well today's PT session helped dispell some of my blues. PT felt I was doing well and didn't feel like moving to fast. They prefer to go slower and more gradual, she actually said be patient.
New readings: 3/110, that's an improvement in extension of 5 and flex of 5. She is very happy. I just did the Josiphine suspend your leg Ansley gravity pull it down about 3 times a day. The other is just lots of slow heal slide stretches. The knee still feels like a brick, guess it will take time and patience there also. I will have to start back to work on half days in two weeks. We have lost to many staff and I need to get people interviewed and hired.

The patella is still sore as is the area of the surgery, but better than it was. Used my last pad after my shower today. Supposed to just let the sterile strips fall off after this.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Knee starting to wake up more. Some sore spots, but that's from the patella work, it's bearable.
Have PT today, so we will see how it goes.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good report, good numbers. I found the gravity method really helped improve my extension. I'd sit in my arm chair with the ottoman in front of me. I had a cushion on top of it so its top was slightly higher than the seat of the chair. The ottoman was far away from the chair so only my heel reached it. I'd sit with my leg propped up. At first I could only manage a minute or two before it felt really uncomfortable. I slowly worked up to five minutes at a time. It did the trick! I hope you find it as helpful as I did.
 
PT refused to measure me today. She said she was happy with my 3/110 earlier this week. Reminded me I am only 17 days out of surgery and I need to slow down. Told her I had some soreness in certain areas, she said well what did I tell you, they need more than two weeks to heal. So stop trying to do things in those areas, your not ready yet.

Boy am I being the impatient one. I just want this knee to get better, that's the problem with getting to 3 months and things being great. Desire is hurting me in this case. She had me try a stand from seated without using my hands. I was hesitant because that was one of the things that the patella sharp pain often resulted from. I reminded her of that, she said we need to know if you OS really fixed it. So I gritted my teeth and did it. Wow, no pain just a little muscle strain from not doing it. So we ended up both smiling. So next week she thinks we can do some mild balance and also add the in-assist leg extend, which is another one that use to cause the patella pain.
Well I am happy so far, haven't run into any of the usual motions with the same pain result. So I'm going to be good. Rest weekend is hear, so I sleep, ice and elevate. Only light stretching and light PT routines.
I told her about the leg extend gravity routine I used with the ottoman. That's how I went from 10 to 3. She asked if it was painful. I told her it was mostly uncomfortable, it got better gradually.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I slept most of the day, woke up to shower and go with the wife to ihop, eggs and bacon and pancakes hit the spot. Went home more sleep and ice and elevate. For some reason I can go a few days full bore, but my body demands sleep for my knee.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great day today.
21 days post op from my revision.
PT was nice today, similar routine but a lot of stretching added today. Gradual long stretches. New numbers are 3/115. So that's 5 more over last week. Also spent 15 min on three different machines, 5 min each. Finished out on the recumbent bike, able to get it all the way around. They had me walking backwards and forwards to evaluate my stride and gate. Decided I need to continue to work o getting my leg straight. I am completely off the narcotics, on tramadol and Tylenol only now. Also been driving myself now. Still keeping up with my ice and elevation. So far things are looking good.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You are moving into real life so quickly! You went through such a tough time and it is heartening to see your rapid recovery. Good for you for finding the answer to your problem, and for choosing an apparently excellent OS to fix you up.
 
Thanks all, I appreciate your words and support.
I am very excited, but I still know I have a ways to go. As long as it is without the previous problems I am happy no matter how long it takes.
Forgot to mention, I got that horrid balance board today also, cold only make it 30 sec, but it's a start.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hated that balance board. Couldn't do it AT all! Probably part of why I still have a balance problem.
 
@wberry
I think it's really too early to be using that balance board. You could start by standing on one leg for a few seconds, on level ground, with something to grab hold of, if necessary.
 
Usually the balance is after the forward and back exercise. Only one attempt.

Did a lot of walking on it today, it reminded me it was still in recovery mode. My reward was a sore knee I am now icing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom