Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Report: Honest, l am not pushing myself, but I absentmindedly got out of bed to go to the bathroom and realized I forgot to use my walker. Talk about, o my God fear, I thought I was going to fall over in the middle of the night in my dark bed room. Instead I just calmly walked sidways and put a hand on the dresser. I was like, hummmm I thought I wasn't supposed to be able to do that this soon. I still use the walker for longer trips, but I have tried my cane for shorties. The feeling in the knee is still good. I have been letting gravity bring my knee back to almost straight with no pain. Also last night in a spasm wake up I tensed my knee hard and anticipated the usual pain I had in it from the patella, thankfully it never materialized. This is building my faith a lot. Even with reassurances, you never know, is it really really so until it is. I just keep praying for more revelations that things are really different in all these little ways.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well, drive to Wichita tomorrow for post surgery appt. will let you all know how things go.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good progress so far, wberry. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get home. Hope you're comfortable on the drive to and from the OS office!
 
Great news!!! Glad this recovery is better. Good luck and be safe!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
Sitting in OS office waiting to be seen. We spend a lot of time waiting. My son brought me in


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Report:

All looks really great. Said I will come back at 5 week mark. I asked for more tramadol so I could wing off the Percocet sooner. They are willing to give me another refill of Percocet if I need it. If I am on only the tramadol I can try driving in 2 weeks, but need to go out in a parking lot and make sure my reaction times and ability to press is okay. I asked about the size increase of the later spacer(11 to a 18), and they didn't seem concerned. Kneecap is defiantly moved over and tracking in the middle now. In fact my non-op knee looks weird compared to my op knee with its patella in the middle now.
I am bearing weight well on the knee and noted I was extending well. So I just walk now with a smooth motion. No weird weight shifting jerk like I had before. Did the old joint press down, and the patella never came in contact at all. Said I was further along than expected. Making a note to remind OS about my weird patella when ever we get around to doing the left knee.
Looks like a really good visit.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful news. I'm glad u had it. Oh wish mine would fill smooth. I walk and can fill it. Ohhhh lol. Anyways happy healing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
Incision looks good. Hope you get some rest. Xxx.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
I'm pleased to read such a terrific report from your post-op visit to your OS, @wberry ! :yes!:
You must be so happy! :happydance::yay:
 
I took a Percocet when I left the OS office so
I could make the 2 hour trip. I notice I get sweaty as these come down. Is this normal? I don't get this feeling with the tramadol. I check my scalp and I am not hot or running a fever, just clammy


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I checked online and with my wife. No temp, just clammy coming off the stronger Percocet. Sorry folks, didn't mean to jump at shadows. I have to more gauze pads and tape for when I need to change this every 3 days or so.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@wberry, I missed your wave because we are in Durango, CO in our camper right now enroute to Phoenix. I should be home when you come for your 5-week check-up. Depending on the time of your appointment, maybe we can all meet for lunch or something. I would love to have more time to visit and I think you and my husband would have a lot in common -- you're in IT and he was the communications supervisor at the Kansas Air Guard before he retired.

I'm so glad to hear about your great check-up! Percocet did weird things to me too and I was glad to get off of it. But don't rush it before you're ready!

Roxie
 
@wberry - sounds like you are doing REALLY WELL!!!! Now .. just remember, ice, elevate, rest and PATIENCE... You are definitely on the right track!!!!! :yes!:
 
@Kansas Teacher, we can see if we can make that happen. I don't go back for 5 weeks. In addition it may be only me, the wife has a contract in Dodge City for two months starting middle of November.

I hope to be driving by week 3, even though I drove the day of discharge for emergency reasons.

I use a walker when I am out and about, but can around the house.
I can already do straight leg lift, did 5 today. Doing knee slides and all also. They started me on those in the hospital PT. I was the only one in our group that walked the ward and did stairs the day after surgery.
No matter, I plan to take my time and do a slow recovery this time. I am icing and elevating more also.

Looks like because he didn't revise the femur component I get a great recovery, get max life out of my knee, and the pattella and knee instability is all fixed. I would have hated to have to wait a year out, which is what I saw some folks had to live with.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
PT session went well:
This was my first out patient PT since surgery. My last inpatient was Thursday in the hospital.

PT thought surgery sight look much better than the one I had back in March. Swelling measurements are also less than before. I am 8/88 without pushing. We did gentle leg slides, standing quads, she told me to stop showing off my quad strength on the leg lifts. Stretching and ice. Because I am moving well she felt 2x a week worked best. I am tight all around and it will take time to get ROM back. The surgery sight is a little irritated from all the motion. Waiting to heal this up will take time. I have enough leave to make it to the end of the month. Then I need to at least do half days. That puts me at 4 weeks off. If I have to I can request shared leave time. Will cross that bridge when I gat to it. The nerve block sight is still soar and I find myself rubbing it down. Gonna do some hot/cold therapy on it.

Resting and ice and pain killer after PT.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom