Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Great news for you!

My second knee replacement will be 12 weeks after my first. Same OS, and I also had to get medical clearance again from my primary. But he will accept my former cardiac clearance.
 
So glad to hear they got you in so soon! Time to get this show on the road. Very excited for October 6 to arrive! Oh, I wondered if that wasn't you waving at me.

Roxie
 
Very happy your new knee schedule fixed, although every knee is different, I m sure everything will run smooth and you will have speedy recovery. Best wishes.
 
I did ask about the type of implant. He said it would be the same, so no hinge.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@wberry
I'm glad you have a surgery date that is not very far away! :yay:

I hope your surgery goes well and that it fixes the problem with your knee. Best wishes.
 
Here we go, getting the ball rolling.
Blood test and labs are done, CT scan tomorrow at the hospital, pre-surgery physical with primary tomorrow afternoon. Had 4 boggles in one day, things do indeed seem to be getting worst. Knee is very sore at end of the day, and I have to take several aspirin to make it through the night. 20 days left till revision.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So I know I have been through this already with my TKR, I am wondering have others felt apprehensive or even less worried about the recovery phase. I have a lot of confidence in the implant and my knee from the earlier phase of my recovery before things started degenerating. I don't plan to just hop out of bed and start wandering around, but I just feel like I should be able to be further along after the surgery than I was with the last surgery.
 
I think it will depend on what the surgeon ends up doing. If he has to do the whole thing, you'll have to take it easy like you did the first time to start out. But if it's more of a spacer re-do, you might be up and dancing before you know it. Either way, things are going to be much better.

Roxie
 
Very true, I am just looking forward to recovering fully. I was a little disappointed. The weight I loss has returned due to my inactivity and inability to exercise. Guess I need to diet like a crazy man.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That is defiantly a good thing. I am on a diet until surgery. Low cal, lots of fruit and vegetables. No sweet stuff, no junk food. See if I can knock of some pounds before surgery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Left side of knee is getting soar to the touch now. I am considering going to crutches so this won't continue to get worst. 19 days and counting down.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You might be more comfortable with crutches. I used them periodically for a couple years before my TKR.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Watch out for this years flu shot.
So I went for my pre-surgery physical with my primary. I also go my flue shot. I have done so in years past with few issues. This year I am in bed sick with bad runny nose, dry cough, acheness and chills and tiredness. This shot has me in a bad state. I have to shake it before my surgery on October 6. So I am resting, taking mess and pumping Vitamin C


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Got my approval letter from my insurance for the surgery.

A couple other friends that had there knee replaced and are doing fine are now going to get there other knee done. This is a little depressing for me. I plan to have this OS do my other when the time comes. I am noticing my non operative knee is hurting because it is doing a lot of the work. Wonder if I need a shot in it to settle it down.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom