Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

When is the revision? I am glad you got in soon... Great to have friends doe brownies. Xxx to you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I will know more on September 10 when I do my presurgery meeting as far as scheduling everything.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think you can expect recovery fairly similar to the first TKR. It may be even a tad easier because normally with any type of revision less bone is cut and therefore you have less trauma. Because it is a revision does not automatically make recovery any worse for you. As Kansas Teacher says, it's primarily a factor of how much the surgeon has to do once he gets into your knee. It will likely be a tremendous relief NOT to have the pain and clunking, so you should feel pretty darn good afterwards.
 
I wonder why he felt my patella issue was not the primary concern. For me it is one of the areas that hurts. I went online to my patient notes and I saw he had put possible metal allergy in there also. I have never had any allergies to any metal. Wonder if he is looking at it as a possible contributing factor to the swelling besides the looseness.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@wberry - I've been watching your journey, empathizing with you along the way. So glad you are close to resolution and wishing you the very best with your revision and recovery! :)
(I liked the second surgeon too.. for what it's worth.. :yes: )
 
I wonder if this should all stay the same thread or become my second post op thread or what? @Jamie what do you think?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
This thread is best. When or if you have any type of revision, we'll change the thread prefix to indicate that. It's important to have the whole story of this knee in the same thread.
 
So today the pain has spread to the other side of the kneecap also. Sigh, beginning to see why theOS thinks the instability is part of the pain in addition to some rubbing of the knee cap. I noticed he put metal allergy with a question mark in my records. I have never had any allergies to any metal.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope all is well with you. And you can start living a good life. It's been a journey. But I'm glad your getting fix. Best regards


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Weekend: Long weekend, lots of pain killers. Tried to do what i could out in the yard. Did a few to many get ups off the ground while helping the wife with some plants. Before that I replaced the rear breaks on my car, more get up off the ground and lots of squatting. Well, it wasn't to bad when i was doing it. Latter is another story, because I paid for it.

Tuesday: Knee still catching and clunking as usual today. had a bad partial fall when the knee just all of a sudden gave out when I stepped. Good thing i had my cane and was using it, that's how I caught myself. I call them boggles, when the knee just forgets to work and the muscles just don't do anything, thus the knee just folds with no resistance. The result was extremely painful, and something ripped and went crunch or maybe clunk. The pain is there but I am able to still use the knee. I go for pre-surgery appointment in Wichita on Thursday. Will have to drive my truck, my Honda has a broken windshield from a rock hit, mobile glass repair is scheduled. I have pulled out all the stuff i know I will need, and the house is pretty much ready for what ever day I get. They know at work I will be going for surgery again, they are not to happy, but I have to get it fixed.
 
@wberry - OH! sorry to hear about your partial fall!! :sad: At least you caught yourself. Take it easy before your trip on Thursday.. Wishing you LOTS of luck for your appointment!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom