Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Ya know, this darn cane is useless. Since most of the problems occurs when I bring the operative leg forward after walking on it, Have the can there during the step does little other than removing some of the stress. All the catching and clunking happens when I come off my step and bring the leg forward. That's when it hurts and catches and multiple clunks and my whole leg vibrates with the vibration of the clunks.

I just hope that the fixed patella and new spacer will fix all this. I would hate to come out of surgery only to find it still clunks because of an alignment issue also. @Josephine is there any way to determine if we have an alignment issue also. I remember you commenting about it at one point?

I agree with no telling him, lets just see what he says.







The new doc I have. He dos series of X-rays. And did some other kind of
X-ray where I stood in weird positions and they placed X-rays together. I don't know if that helps. Or if they will do that. And Josephine if y put some kind shorts on. And have wife take pics of knee and hips she can tell. She did on me. And I show to new OS.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
But all docs in different states does there own stuff. I wish you the best of luck. And I hope you get results answers and can get pain free SOON!!! Hang in there,it does get easier.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Oh and yes cane is useless. Heck Crutches is to but it does relieve pressure... ❌❌❌To you. I will say a prayer for you!!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I believe Wberry's alignment problem (if that is in fact an issue) is different than yours, Angel. In your case one could see from the photos that your TKR leg was not straight. With Wberry, his "alignment" problems may be with ligament balancing in the knee, which might not be as obvious from just looking at the leg.

Wberry.....I know it's hard to wait when you're having these serious issues. Hang in there....it won't be much longer now and you'll hopefully have some options. In the meantime, I suggest that if the cane isn't allowing you to off load some weight on that knee, that you consider using crutches and stay off it completely. As I said before, you really wouldn't want to risk doing any further damage if the prosthesis is actually digging into your patella.
 
I had my spacer replaced during my infection surgery. They cleaned the tissue, the implant and replaced the spacer. This surgery was much easier and less painful to recover from. Getting up the first time hurt, but it got better quickly.

This is interesting, I was told if it was infected they had to remove the entire implant because they couldn't guarantee they got the infection off the implant itself. i am however excited to here that recovery with the spacer change was a good one. My other issue with the patella seems to be caused by my funky knees. I am one of those people who's knee caps are tilted out normally.
[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<
You can see that from the xrays and my left knee. Unfortunately when you put in a new knee and add the button, the pulled over knee cap became even more predominant, and now i get a rub and catch on it. It has grown worst since I started complaining about it, now ity catches and rubs every single time. So I am supposed to get a combination of trimming the knee cap and realignment via a lateral release and a spacer increase. @KarriB was your spacer replacement the same size or an increase. I know Skigirl had here up-sized and she seemed to only loose a little ROM flex. I can deal with the little loss if it means no more clunking and catching and defiantly no more pain.
 
My spacer replacement was part of my infection/wash out surgery. My revision specialist went in, (after I showed up with a fever and a seeping incision) not sure if he would have to take out the implant and replace it with an antibiotic spacer or just do the wash out. He thought it looked good, that the infection had stayed in the soft tissue, but still went down to the implant, washed it with the antibiotic wash, and changed out the spacer just in case it was infected. The actual wash out was done with scrub brushes on my soft tissue (I was told), thus the very compromised soft tissue and no bending for a month. I'm pretty sure it was the same size.
 
So my next appointment will be here before I know it, well next Wednesday to be precise.

If both surgeons seem competent, I am wondering if I decide based purely on experience or should my gut feelings be involved. The spacer replacement should be pretty strait forward. The patella fix might be a little different. One has already recommended something I didn't expect with removing part of the knee cap. I am not sure if I will loose anything significant with a price of my knee cap gone. I am very interested to see what the other surgeon will recommend.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hoping your gut and surgeon experience match, in any case you need to go with the OS who can give you the best outcome.
 
Good point that. The part that is in question is if they give two different outcomes, how do I know which is right.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I do not think you will know, until you have both opinions. Until then all you can do is speculate. You know your knee, and will have a feeling about what is right for you.
 
I agree with Pumpkln. I think when you have both opinions in front of you, one path will stand out as the way to go. Make your choice and then embrace it. Don't allow yourself to second guess your decision, as the first one is usually the best one!
 
Well almost time. Confirmed my appointment with the reminder call today. Now that felt good. Knee is being good for once. Still catching, but with me using it less, it hurts a little less. I get caught in situations they don't have convent ADA access And end up having to do stairs. They still are a pain.
Looks like I have to leave by 7:00am to make sure I am there by 10:00am. I have a two hour drive.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wednesday will be here in the blink of an eye. You will only be a few miles from my house when you come to your appointment. I'll be sending good wishes and vibes for the answers you need.

Roxie
 
Good luck tomorrow! Hope you get the rest of the answers you need. I'll be anxious to hear what the doctor has to say.

Roxie
 
Well I am here, got here early, so I am sitting in the parking lot. Big place withe the surgical center right next to it. Not sure if that is a coincidence or like the one in KC they own it. I think the on in KC it was there own surgical suites and rooms though. I printed out my test results in case he needed to see them. Going to head inside to do paperwork.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom