Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

I am wondering why it feels more comfortable for my operative leg to turn out when I am in bed or in my recliner. I Ashe this is the way the alignment is set.

I feel even better that the test results are good. I get to keep my original hardware. The OS I saw in Kansas City felt that was a great thing because of longevity being greater with the original implant.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Maybe it feels more comfortable in that position because it's a more stable position for your knee, for some reason -- sheer speculation on my part.

I'm glad your tests came back clear too. Everything you can do to help your hardware last as long as possible is bonus, in my opinion. Hopefully, the other OS won't have a drastically different opinion -- that really would make things confusing!

Roxie
 
I agree, that just a spacer is the best out come. Yes a conflicting opinion is not what I want either. Thanks for the link, this makes since.

True, I kind of let my leg flop over during recovery, but my PT would warn me not to do that. I worried it was twisting the implant in the bone, at least the bottom one or something.

Also, I often wondered if that soreness I sometimes feel on the top of the bottom bone is because the knee is loose and when I bring it forward the knee clunks as the joint opens and the clunks when the top prosthetic and insert come back in contact. Would that cause enough impact to cause it to hurt?



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My best guess is it hurts because of repetitive clunking, irritating your soft tissues. Until you have this taken care of it will be a problem. You are in hold for now, frustrating, but in a few months, this will all be behind you.
 
Walked from library to student union this morning. Took a while because knee catches and knee cap rides painfully on every step. This is going to be a long painful wait.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I forgot to tell Dr. Wingerter about the original clunking that was present before the patella started getting worst. I think he needs to know about that.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
No, even though I asked the receptionist to send me the welcome email with the pin. I'm going to have to call I guess again.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
One thing I would advise for you is to minimize walking on your knee with that rubbing the doctor mentioned. You don't want to risk further damage while you're waiting to get this resolved. I would ask if a brace could help you. And you might want to consider using a cane or crutches to keep the weight off that knee.
 
I've been checking in watching your thread. It is so disappointing this is happening to you. I hope the new docs can resolve problems in the least invasive way for you. Hang in there.
 
On the brace side of things, it can't be anything that will press on the knee cap. Been using a cane when I know I need to walk a lot. No stairs for a while. Dice I hope to get surgery scheduled next week after I see other OS, wonder if I need to restart my vitamin regiment now.
I will be curious what the other OS mentions. Should I tell him what the other doctor recommends or wait and see what he says, and then mention it, or just not mention it at all.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I agree with Karri. See what he has to say first. You need two completely independent opinions.

Personally, I don't see how it could hurt to start your vitamin regimen again.

Roxie
 
Prayers for you to have some comfort and answers soon. I hate your going through this. It's a nightmare I know. But hang in there. Easier said than done. But u will be ok.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Ya know, this darn cane is useless. Since most of the problems occurs when I bring the operative leg forward after walking on it, Have the can there during the step does little other than removing some of the stress. All the catching and clunking happens when I come off my step and bring the leg forward. That's when it hurts and catches and multiple clunks and my whole leg vibrates with the vibration of the clunks.

I just hope that the fixed patella and new spacer will fix all this. I would hate to come out of surgery only to find it still clunks because of an alignment issue also. @Josephine is there any way to determine if we have an alignment issue also. I remember you commenting about it at one point?

I agree with no telling him, lets just see what he says.
 
I had my spacer replaced during my infection surgery. They cleaned the tissue, the implant and replaced the spacer. This surgery was much easier and less painful to recover from. Getting up the first time hurt, but it got better quickly.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom