Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Okay, I can handle this one, situps, crunches, curls, and upper body it is.

I have a new at work stretch exercise, discovered it by accident.
1. Sit in a chair with wheels and position so knees are at 90 deg.
2. Slowly roll forward while holding the operative knee in place on the floor, don't move that foot.
3. When you get resistance or at the stretch level you want, from the resulting bend and it bends under the chair, hold for a 5 count and release.
4. repeat to your hearts content.
My PT suggested this one to me-the nice thing is you can do it here and there throughout the day without a formal "session."
 
So yesterday I did a 5 hour road trip by myself. Knee just went along happily, no pain, no tightness, no nothing. Had to stretch a bit when I got out the car, but all good. I got there and realized I forgot my pain meds. Well I went all day, slept all night and drove back early this morning. Still haven't done any meds. Wow I didn't think this possibility would every arrive.

I have noted I can tuck my operative leg as far under my chair as I can my mom-op knee. It is a little strain at the extremes, but bearable. Need to measure my ROM again. I have been making myself take the stairs at work until it starts to stress a little.
They are getting easier. Doing those step exercises for PT are starting to pay off. Have only had one boggle in three days, and it didn't hurt and I easily caught it and recovered before it went to far. Continuing my one leg balance and using moderate step paces.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy dance for you!


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
I also would break out in a sweat over the smallest activity. Long slow progress. Must be very patient with yourself. Every week you can do a little more and things get easier. But you have to k ow your limits and not overdue. Elevate and ice frequently. Energy drain present everyday. Have a nap after physio. Don't get discouraged. You will get through this,just one day at a time
 
I had a co-worker that had herTKR done two weeks ago. She came back to work today. I couldn't believe it. I am really worried she is gonna wish she had more time before returning.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well she comes in, sits for 4 hours ten gets up and goes home. Go figure she is just a tough gal.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow! I couldn't even sit comfortably at 2 weeks. I'm only now just getting where I can sit in a chair with my feet flat on the floor for awhile. I can't imagine……..
 
11 weeks out report:

Well stairs are getting better, but they are still a strain. Didn't do much PT this weekend. Sat and watched the grill.

My chief complaint: the knee still knocks as the knee cap bumps and clicks 4 time with each step. I have been strengthening and hoping it would go away. Instead I think it is either being persistent or getting worst. I am getting sourness in. That area after walks and use also. I am wondering if I have heavy scar tissue in that area or what.

I am now only on aspirin occasionally. Will see the OS in two weeks. Gonna insist he hold his hand on my knee cap when I walk so he can feel what I feel with every step. I am a bit discouraged because that gal at my work says she has no inpengement or grinding like I do at all. I am confused and worried. Other than this recovery is great. If this was gone it would be fantastic. ROM is around 129, back to Gym tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
At gym, still using no weights, relying more on walking, bike and recumbent. Then stretching and some moderate stair work, no more than 30 steps.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Your OS will be able to help determine where all the bumps and clicks are coming from. You are still very early in recovery, less than 2 months, it is going to take time. Sounds like you are doing well with your exercise program.
 
After exercise, if I did to much I get tightness in the back of the knee at the joint in back of leg. Is this common?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Let's see:
-getting out of the car without walking my foot
-standing up from toilet without using rails
-driving long distances without and tiredness or strain
-sleeping without knee pillow
-only taking pain med once and sometimes not at all.
-lifting knee and leg while sitting with no strain.

Now if I can get past stairs


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
After exercise, if I did to much I get tightness in the back of the knee at the joint in back of leg. Is this common?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Yes, it's very common. It's most likely swelling. Ice the area and it should be better in a day or so.
 
Also, in one of the threads I saw something about a wet feeling. I had that twice today, felt cold and wet under and near knee cap, but when I checked nothing was wet or leaking. Ummm, what was that?

Thanks, icing back of knee now.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's usually a nerve reaction that can occur as they are healing. Strange feeling, isn't it!!!:skep:
 
The boggles happen now, but I catch them easily. It is basically like when I step down on the non operative knee and it gives for a sudden drop. I have been doing my dangle exercises, but it is taking time to build strength to control that knee on step downs


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom