Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

My OS looked at my X-ray:
[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<

And said lets get the right back to full and from what I see, the left will feel better and you may not even need it done for quite a while.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Whew! I keep having to remind myself that while the implant is hard to damage, I still have a knee full of soft tissue I have to protect.
 
Whew! I keep having to remind myself that while the implant is hard to damage, I still have a knee full of soft tissue I have to protect.
Yea, that's what takes a hit in this instance.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad you didn't do any permanent damage!

So glad they deselected me from Airborne school, said my right knee was too messed up already at 18, I'd have ended up needing the replacement by 25!
 
I have a feeling mine will say same thing but my left has been hurting even more lately.
 
You folks are going to love this report. So I go to the new PT location today.
They measure my ROM, which is 115 with a knee still a little swollen from yesterday.
Only lost 5 deg from my max. I head out to the open area to get on the bike and guess who
is right next to me on the other extension rolling machine. My OS, I looked and said, you didn't have to check to see if I am doing my PT. He laughed and kept working. He is in PT because of his ankle re-alignment.
 
hahahaha, that is funny seeing your OS at PT....Also good news about the swelling going down...I did the manipulation while awake last week so I know how you feel...Good thing is, the pain doesn't last very long and the benefits are nice....hang in there!
 
I'm going to be a muscle guy in the legs with all these reps, 30 each. I can barely do 15


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I went back to work and found the removed a lot of the handicap spots and blocked the streets on campus. Have a nice walk to get to my building now. PT on the job here too.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Set back day. Knee still hurts on the right side where I twisted. Soar muscle or ligaments. Stiffened up and some swelling. PT looked at it and said no PT while you ice this and rest.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Got up to help wife get ready for work. She has to drive two hours to a clinic to work today. So I made breakfast and coffee. Knee is stiff, mostly in the back, so getting up helped loosen it up. Icing it a bit and back to bed because it's 3:33 am.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope you get some relief today!
 
Yes, I took a hot shower and ran hot water over the back of the knee. That was heavenly, felt so good, and helped loosen those muscle in the back up. Well the partial week is over. Moving to full day next week if I can handle it. Have the option to change if need be.

Today was not to bad. I talked to my PT yesterday and he watched me walk. he said you are hyper extending your operative knee and because you don't have the strength in the balance control, it keeps going and thats why you twisted and collapsed. So now I am focusing on not hyper extending when I walk and have 4 new balance exercises to do, along with a ton of quad stuff, but I was told to wait until tomorrow to start to let the knee rest from the twist I took. The muscles really tightened up in reaction to it, the knee only swoll up a little.
 
So here is a before and after of my knee replacement:
[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<

Note the alignment issue prior, and the loss of gap on the inside.

The funny popping and racket I hear and feel now when I walk is probably the knee cap riding across the bone on that button on the back. It only appears on the extended part of the walk not the press down push of the operative leg.
 
Had PT this afternoon at my original place. I said goodbye to the PT's and thanked them for all there help and getting me through the first two weeks so well and then beyond. They all felt I did so well and recommended I keep working out and doing self PT. Gave me more quad exercises to keep building them up. Reminded I need to keep working for a year or more to do this right. I promised I would. The new PT's are not bad, but the smaller first clinic was so personable and family like. Gonna miss it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
There is a spot on the outside just below the knee that is a little puffy and sour to the touch. It's in the same area that hurt when I twisted it. Any idea what it is? I been icing it. It's hard to figure out be cause it is right below my numb spot.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Most likely just some soft tissue that you ticked off when you buckled..I am getting those in different areas every couple of days
 
Did church this morning. Forgot to take a aspirin before hand. Ended up running it a lot during service because it got tight being bent for two hours. Home now, so rest and elevate. Nap time before evening service.

Start back 8 hours tomorrow at work. Gonna do some gym time afterwards on the machines. Have my PT for quads and balance tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. I can't seem to get this one leg stand past 30 seconds. It's frustrating to say the least. Squats are so much fun as are the stairs. This is more grueling than the earlier PT.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom