Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Ahh, I see. They have at least the ball at PT. I got two weeks free which I plan to use in the afternoons during my transition weeks. I go to my new PT on Wednesday. I switched to one close to work so I can go right after work. They will work on my quads and balance and strength. I live 30 min away, so that way I don't have to rush home to make PT before the close. I told them this from the beginning and the OS mentioned I might have to do that once I went back to work.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
X-Rays look great!!!

I would stand on a BOSU ball---it looks like this:
[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<


And I would take a medicine ball and throw it into a bounce-back net:
[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<
I would toss the medicine ball from over my head, from the left, and from the right to the net, and then catch it when it came back at me. It helped with my balance, my strength, and my proprioception.
One legged Stand on
The ball right?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I would start with both legs and then move to one leg. It helped with my balance as well as proprioception and stamina, too.

The ball is inflated, so you sink into it. THen, for grins and giggles, you turn it over and let the round side go on the floor and you stand on the flat plastice, all the while trying to throw a ball, and catch it when it comes back at you!
 
Check out those legs!! (Insert wolf whistle here! ) :) :)

Glad the doc was able to ease your fears! I find it so interesting that we are all learning certain details that our surgeons didn't mention -- for one, the quad weakness. I looked down at my thighs one day and noticed that they looked markedly different. My right thigh above the bionic knee looks a little flatter and slightly wrinkly and I realized it is because of quad weakness. While surgeons go on and on about how you'll be able to walk a million painless miles post-surgery, they don't mention the clicking knees, the warm skin, or the severe trauma to the quad muscles. Hmmmm. :)

My gait is getting better but still, every now and again, I get that weird feeling where the quad muscle is a beat behind, doesn't quite connect and I almost stumble....but the cane catches me every time -- so far.
 
Looks good WB! And very happy that the doc was able to soothe your fears on the noises and the thought of a MUA (however, I am VERY glad I had my MUA done). You should try the pool at the fitness place, mine has one and I can't wait to get in it and do some ROM exercises..did a bit yesterday at a pool and it was great!!! Keep on Keeping on! you GOT this!
 
Yea, I wish I had been told the off loader was going to mess up my quads. Now I half to suffer through months of rebuilding them. Not a happy camper am I.

@SeptemberZen, the same thing happens to me. Several times today my leg just gives a wobble when the quads fail to fire. Thus I still have the cane. My PT has noticed that from time to time. Nothing to do but keep working them.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@SeptemberZen, the same thing happens to me. Several times today my leg just gives a wobble when the quads fail to fire. Thus I still have the cane. My PT has noticed that from time to time. Nothing to do but keep working them.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
True dat, as we say in the 'hood. :) I've noticed that it happens less often than it used to, thank goodness. But it always takes me aback when it happens.
 
Let's see seconds day at work. Only two leg boggles today @SeptemberZen, but man did the hurt. Another busy day, lots of meetings and an interview for a potential employer. Came home, did a video conference and went to the rehab to do solo PT. upped my time on the recumbent bike. Did that silly bogo ball thing. I am starting with two feet balance, one is insane. Then lots of quad stuff, they hurt from all the stuff at work, moved around all over the building.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
O no! Just when I was doing good my knee collapse on the way to the car. Ouch that really hurt. Icing the right side that has never given me any trouble. Why did you ladies jinx me like that?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Update, I think I did a self Manipulation without anistesia. Stupid quads gave out as I stepped down and knee collapsed and twisted. Ouch, now that hurt on the outside. Now it is stiff and swelling. So much for my hopefully flawless first week back at work. If it's still hurting in the morning , I'm gonna call in, and just rest it, ice and elevate tomorrow. Been icing it most of this evening. Unfortunately it's in that area right below the numb spot, so it hurts inside.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry! I hope it feels better by morning, but if you need to call in sick, it won't be the worst thing in the world. Try and slow down in other areas with your first week back. You're not going to get a medal for being Superman! LOL


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Already emailed I will not be going in. Gonna rest.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ouch!! That sounds awful, hope some rest and ice will fix you up tomorrow.
 
Hope your ok after some rest


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Check out those legs!! (Insert wolf whistle here! ) :) :)

Glad the doc was able to ease your fears! I find it so interesting that we are all learning certain details that our surgeons didn't mention -- for one, the quad weakness. I looked down at my thighs one day and noticed that they looked markedly different. My right thigh above the bionic knee looks a little flatter and slightly wrinkly and I realized it is because of quad weakness. While surgeons go on and on about how you'll be able to walk a million painless miles post-surgery, they don't mention the clicking knees, the warm skin, or the severe trauma to the quad muscles. Hmmmm. :)

My gait is getting better but still, every now and again, I get that weird feeling where the quad muscle is a beat behind, doesn't quite connect and I almost stumble....but the cane catches me every time -- so far.
Yes gait is an issue you think your doing great but then they tell you still little off warm skin amazes me how warm it gets


20/01/2015
 
O no! Just when I was doing good my knee collapse on the way to the car. Ouch that really hurt. Icing the right side that has never given me any trouble. Why did you ladies jinx me like that?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Awe take care


20/01/2015
 
Things are better this morning. I iced it for almost two hours yesterday afterwards and then a hour before bed. It's less stuff this morning. Just resting and elevating for a bit, then I will get some breakfast. Spot is no longer sore, so that's a good sign.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom