Guest viewing is limited

THR Waking up to the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, Janet. As you can see from my profile, I have tattoo experience. :) At this point, I can't get them out soon enough. Very itchy and pully (Pully? is that a real word?). I also hope I can sleep on my right side afterwards. I already have the large, industrial size drum of Draino to unstop the drain after my first shower in two weeks tomorrow evening. Ahhhhhh...

My blood levels finally checked out where they wanted them yesterday. Yay!!! I should have one more week, or so, of the coumadin. Pain level is low today, but the PT nurse will be here at noon for a workout.

It's another great day in my world. Later, hippies!
 
"Pully." What a great word. I think most of us know the feeling, and the word brings up the feeling perfectly in the mind. Keep up the good work, SmittyD!
 
Yay! Things are looking sunny-side up for you Smitty, and I couldn't be happier for you.
 
Smitty,

Enjoy that first shower! So glad that those nasty staples are out and even better news that your blood levels have stablized. It's really odd how parallel our recoveries have been, my brother gladiator!

:yes!:
 
You are doing well and very 'up' - all power to you, my friend!
 
Smitty, how did your staple removal go? Wondering about you.... Will stand by with the Draino and plunger for after your shower. Enjoy my friend.

Tammy
 
The staple removal went very well. Twenty-eight tiny stings when each one was pulled out. There was a little bleeding, so the surgeon asked that I wait until tomorrow for my shower. What's one more day? I also lost the TED stockings, which is awesome within itself! They took x-rays, which I have cool prints of, and he liked what he saw there. He was very pleased with my progress and healing. He is still advising I wait two more weeks before I drive my car, but I can live with that. Only one more week of the coumadin, then I go on one adult size aspirin each day for a while. My next follow up appointment is set for December 26. All in all, it was a productive and pleasant visit!

Tina and I decided to buy some Powerball tickets, because I'm feeling lucky! Later, hippies! :thumb:
 
Hey, Smitty -- let us know if you hit the Powerball. My husband went in with some people at work, but no luck here. That's OK -- compared to where I was, I already feel like a million bucks!
 
bunnymama:iagree:
I think we already won the lottery, being born in an age where we can get joints replaced instead of limping in pain the rest of our lives like our grandparents did, and they had nothing much to take for it but aspirin.
 
We didn't win millions, but feel like a million dollars! I'll take it. :egypdance:
 
Smitty, you're an absolute inspiration. When you can drive, wanna drag in our Chargers? Lol, you'd win, mine is a 6 cylinder. :)
 
We can line 'em up, Janet. I'll give you a head start. :wink:

In other news, the physical therapist told me I can stop using my cane inside the house. She's probably going to cut me loose after next week. Yee Haw!

Later, hippies!
 
Tomorrow, my shiny new hip will be three weeks old. Everything is still going very well. My PT nurse gave me two new exercises using resistance bands this morning. She gave me a yellow and a red one. I'm to use the yellow one for a few days, then step up to the red. Neither is very difficult to pull. She also added an exercise where I walk forward a few steps, do a half turn, then walk backward a few steps. She said, again today, that this would be my last week with her. It is beginning to feel very natural walking without the cane in the house.

Tina and I went out to a local steakhouse for dinner tonight. The food was great and it was nice to get out and see some friends and new faces. I'm thinking I'll try a short trip driving the car tomorrow. Yeee Hawww!

Later hippies!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Waking up to the other side!
Hi! Smitty. I see you are a Carolina girl, too. Very nice report on your brand new hip----isn't it just the bomb!!! Down the road, you'll forget all about it---it'll just seem like original equipment. Take care, keep up the good work, and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Waking up to the other side!
 
Smitty, that's awesome progress. I see PT tomorrow and then once more this week and that will probably do it for me as well. I was finally able to do some of my exercises without holding on to the counter, but it's still a little tender just yet. Almost there, but will take it when it comes. They mentioned the same bands and were also talking about some shallow squats...
:cheers:
 
Like I said before, you're an inspiration, your attitude even more than your amazing progress. Have fun driving, getting that back was the best.
 
Hi Smitty, sounds like your recovery is progressing very well.. dinner out..feels good doesn't it :) :goodpost:
 
It's a little cloudy and drizzly this morning, but it's still going to be a great day. My right upper thigh muscle is very sore this morning. I figure that's from the new exercises using the resistance bands. The "bicycle" move really pulls and strains that area. A pain pill at 6:00am helped.

My physical therapist, Kim from Iredell Home Health, just left after leading me through my last session with her. I worked up a little sweat going through the entire routine without a break. She is very pleased with my progress and so am I! :) She is a very nice lady with just the right mix of sweetness and assertiveness to be perfect for her job. I'll miss her visits, in a way.

In other news, as mentioned previously, last night was my last time taking the coumadin. I intend to have a drink of bourbon tonight to celebrate! I was able to sleep comfortably for a little while on my operated side last night, still using the bed pillow between my legs. Ahhhhhhh......

Hang in there, fellow hippies. Everyday gets better and easier!
 
way to go Smitty, glad you are getting some sleep! i just started sleeping better this week, after 6 weeks
of tossing and turning all nite.
i don't mind muscle soreness, to me it's a sign of healing and rebuilding. and it's amazing at how much
rebuilding we need after this!
:dancy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom