Guest viewing is limited

THR Waking up to the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we had a gorgeous day here today, the sun was out, it was about 40
degrees, what snow/ice was on my truck completely melted off..
hmm
it made for a good day to go to a local large grocery store to buy some
beer gifts (12 pack of Carlinger for a Danish party this weekend, and a
12 pack assortment pack from a Long Island brewery for my son) and
the liquor store next door, for Firefox Iced Tea vodka and some
pino grigio wine for the SO. beautiful day out!
topped it off with dinner and some beers out.
work next week is gonna suck :(
 
Brrrr..... However, I do like Dutch's day. Hopefully you picked up enough for your BoneSmart buddies.
 
I will be to have a drink poured for everybody!
tad bit of a shame nobody will make it here to drink it though,
what to do.....

:martini:
 
Hey hippies! It's only three days until Christmas! Who's ready?

All my shopping is done, with the exception of a few more stocking stuffers. Tina and I are psyched up for the "End of the World" Christmas party our friends are having this evening. Our tacky turtleneck sweaters are ready and I'm getting ready to cook a couple pork loins and make some cole slaw to take. Tomorrow, I get my son and daughter (11 and 9 years old) from my ex to have our Christmas celebration. On Christmas Eve and Day, more celebrating with Tina and her most awesome family. Then, a day or two of rest before our annual trip to Myrtle Beach for New Years Eve. After that, it's back to work and the real world. It will be weird, but nice, getting back in the routine after seven weeks of downtime.

Oh yeah...my shiny new hip! Things are still going well. My biggest battle now is remembering I had surgery a little over five weeks ago so as not to do something I shouldn't. I'm feeling "normal" now and the years of pain and limping are just a memory.

Merry Christmas y'all!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Waking up to the other side!
Great to hear how good you're feeling and that surgery is almost a forgotten memory. Ain't life GRAND!!!! Your Christmas plans sound awesome--have a very merry and a happy, happy!
[Bonesmart.org] Waking up to the other side!
 
Smitty, do you have a final follow-up with your doc to get off of the stinking restrictions?? Sounds lke your holiday plans are going to be just what you need to complete your healing with those you care about the most. Enjoy the last hoorah before heading back to the salt mines!

:thumb:
 
Smitty, we want pictures of the tacky turtlenecks,:xmasgrin:. It is great that you are not even thinking about the hip, Merry Christmas, Buddy
 
Must see tacky turtles!!
I grew up camping at Myrtle Beach State Park every summer. Myrtle beach was a very small town then.
 
I do have a follow-up with my surgeon on 12/26. The six week period or restrictions will end on Christmas day. What a great present for me! I'll post a tacky shirt pic as soon as we get them off Tina's camera. She got some real good ones!
 
Congrats SmittyD- I can only think what I will be doing 6 weeks after my surgery. Days like today, it can't come soon enough. Happy Holidays and I am so jealous on the beach trip. I thought for a moment about going down but with this hip, I don't think I could enjoy so wait till summer. Happy Holidays and be safe.
 
Smity i just went to our Christmas party and they said the same thing that im taller. Im not small, a six footer shaped like Frankenstein so it was funny to be told im taller now. Im right at two weeks and its great. It seems to be another warm winter here in NC. Anything in the 50s is good walking weather as long as the wind isnt blowing hard. Merry Christmas SmittyD
 
Smitty, it sounds like you are doing great. I look forward to hearing what your surgeon says at your follow-up appoinmtent. I can't wait to see what the tacky turtlenecks look like. My PT place is having their annual Ugly Christmas Sweater contest tomorrow. Should make for an entertaining appointment.

Merry Christmas, be sure to let us know what Santa brings you.

Tammy
 
Merry Christmas, fellow hippies. I love you all!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Waking up to the other side!
    Shirts.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 157
:chrisglitter:

Smitty... Christmas day is almost over for us here in OZ... you have a great day:)
 
Oh, yeah, those are some great shirts! Hoping you're enjoying your Christmas!
:reindeer:
 
Cute reindeer shirts Smitty! Do you have them in a variety of colors for year round wear???
 
Hey, hippies! It's been one week now since I returned to work and things are going well. It was so nice staying home for seven weeks and getting paid! But, vacations and medical leaves have to end sometime and it is good to get back in a regular routine again.

Everything looked great at my 12/26 follow-up. My only restriction now is no bending/twisting over to the right side to the floor. The surgeon also told me not to run, but I never plan on doing that unless someone is chasing me. :snork: My next appointment with the surgeon is February 27th, where he wants to check my range of motion in the hip and look at new x-rays.

Now that I'm not living with the almost constant arthritis pain, I can get ready for work so much quicker. Getting in and out of my car is a snap. Life in general is so much easier and more fun. It's like a miracle happened to me. Does that sound familiar to any of you? For those with recent surgeries and those waiting (and dreading, fearing, fretting) your upcoming surgery date...Hang in there. It gets better every day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom