Guest viewing is limited

TKR Vickie's Knee Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Vickie's Knee Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Vickie's Knee Recovery
You just sound so upbeat, Vickie. Am happy for you that the MUA is looking like just what you needed to get things moving forward again. Please, please don't overdo---keep it nice and easy.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Vickie's Knee Recovery
 
Maybe this therapist is actually going to do the right exercises for me. I have done 2 fifteen minute stretching sessions and am now on my third hour of icing and elevating. I also rode the recumbent bicycle for 10 minutes. My hip no longer comes up off of the bicycle seat when my left knee makes a rotation. It felt amazing. Maybe my hip and back pain will begin to disappear as I start walking without a locked down knee. I was looking at my therapy schedule and realized that the sessions with the PT are only for 30 minutes and not 2 hours like the therapist I had before. Hallelujah!

It does feel so good to have hope again. Thank you for your support!

Vickie
 
That is great Vickie!! Im so glad it went so well for yu. Yippie!!!! Sounds like you are really on the ight path now. Keep us posted and dont overdo! Im thrilled for you!
Hugs
Susie
 
Vickie I am so happy everything went well and you already notice an improvement. I am also happy you have a new PT. My OS wants to due a MUA on me ASAP as he said I have scar tissue. I asked for 2 more weeks to see if I can break through on my own from 78 to 90. I am not sure what to do so your info and posts are very helpful! Take care!
 
So I wonder if there is scar tissue is there anyway other way or possibilit for breaking it lose other than MUA?
does anyone know?
 
Hi Sadknee,
I expect there to be some days ahead that are going to be a little tougher than today while my knee gets over the trauma. The doc also said it was possible that I may have to do this again. It took 2 manipulations to break up the scar tissue in my "frozen shoulder". However, my shoulder never gives me any problems at all and I have full rotation of my arm now. The MUA on my shoulder was done over 2 years ago.

I'm back icing again for another hour. I guess this is one way to catch up on e-mails and watch tv! :)
 
Hi Vickie,

Thanks for the info on how it worked on your shoulder. Keep up the icing and elevating! I hope that you get the rom you need with just one manipulation! Rest and take care!

Lisa
 
Delighted to hear your MUA went well Vickie, I hope you continue to make good progress,
Toothfairy x :happydance: :dancy: :yay:
 
The manipulation was done 2 days ago and this morning I am so sore that its hard for me to walk or stand. I did my stretching exercises this morning and then iced, but truthfully I am miserable right now. The therapist said that my knee is really not very swollen (I guess compared to others he has seen). It doesn't look that bad to me either. I'm guessing that most of the pain that I'm having now is in the muscles that haven't been able to move since the knee locked down with scar tissue after the surgery. He got it down to what he felt like was near zero flexion yesterday. I have no idea what the bend measures. He told me that he doesn't measure that very often so that I won't get hung up on the numbers. The old therapist measured my knee every single time I came in and I used to dread that because if it didn't measure up to her expectations, then it meant more and harder bends for me.

I have had a very hard morning with keeping my spirits up. Truthfully, I am just getting so tired of working at this so much and not being sure if its going to work out or not. I've cried a trash can full of tissues this morning and I guess the only thing that has accomplished is letting the frustration out. It's only been 48 hrs, since the manipulation was done, so I guess that I'm really expecting way too much.

You know, having a TKR and then a manipulation really lets you know what kind of person you are regarding endurance, pain and patience. Right now I think that I may be flunking all three. If anyone is reading this... Please say some prayers for me to hang in there.
 
Bless you Vickie,
My heart goes out to you.
You are flunking nothing. You are tired, sore and thoroughly fed up after having your op, doing your exercises and physio, not achieving what you hoped for and then on top of that having a MUA which had left you sore and knocked you back.
It was only 2 days ago, it will get better, it will improve.
Hang on in there. Are you having enough pain meds?
Sending you a big bunch of everlasting flowers, a huge box of calorie free never ending yummy chocolates and a basket full of hugs for you.
Love and a hand to hold, Toothfairy xxxxx :puppysmooze: :kittykiss: :console2:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Vickie's Knee Recovery
Vickie, you are going through the "angry tissue" stage again. Your already traumatized knee has been further traumatized. It needs a little time to heal and settle down. Then keep exercises gentle and easy. Do not do things that "hurt". Always stop at "this is not comfortable and any more push is going to be painful". It is a slow day by day process that is going to take some time. And YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!


Please take your pain meds, elevate and ice, ice, ice, and rest. Stop beating yourself up----this is your knee and your recovery----it is unique to you----you are NOT supposed to be like anybody else. You have not failed and are not failing----you just have a "bad boy" :heehee: knee that's giving you a hard time. Kill him with kindness and he'll come around-----I promise.

Take care, sweetie, and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Vickie's Knee Recovery
 
Toothfairy and Judy,
Those were two of the kindest responses that a person could ever hope to receive. You have lifted my spirits. For the rest of the day I will take my meds (which I had neglected this morning), ice my knee and do gentle stretches. But most of all, I will try to remember to "be grateful" for all of the good things that have come my way.

Vickie
 
Vickie,

Please hang in there! You have been through a lot! All of this is very emotional and stressful and you have every right
to cry! I myself have been crying and I have not even had my manipulation yet but I fear it is on my horizon. Your knee has just even forced to do something it could not do on its own and it is angry. It is way too early to judge how it will be.

My prescription for you is to relax, double your pain pills, and try and take a nice long hot bubble bath! You will feel better! I have been in tub therapy all weekend.

We are all rooting for you! Your knee is going to do great in a couple of weeks after it recovers!
 
Thanks for checking on me.... I've been really busy doing PT. I was assigned therapy for 5 days in a row after the manipulation (not counting weekends), so today was the last one of that group. I go back to the ortho doc tomorrow to see what he thinks. The therapist feels that I'm developing more scar tissue in my knee. I've been feeling a little down about it, but I'm trying to keep my hopes up for a recovery from this. I will post tomorrow after the OS visit.
 
OK Vickie that explains it! You are in PT prison :). I understand feeling down ... I get down too ... but try and fight it and stay upbeat :). Hugs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom