TKR Unwanted... But much Kneedead TKR

Hi Chrissie just like you I have 2 dogs one has long white hair which he seems to be shedding at the rate of knots strangely my husband doesn't seem to notice it ...ha ha :nah: but as I'm sitting/lying I see it all the time floating around the room and lucking under dressers/ tables etc so I find hoovering easier as all that happens when we sweep it just settles in a pile elsewhere.
Haven't ventured far this weekend the weather isn't great and I think I overdid it on Friday (invited friends to lunch ) as yesterday the knee felt extremely bizarre the whole day to the point that even clothing touching it was uncomfortable so today have taken it easier just a little household chores this morning and probably half an hour in the garden whilst sun showed it's head now taking it easy as you said a trial of patience - glad to hear that you are doing so well xxxxx

Yes , thanks @Tykey
Winds were horrendous yesterday... sea was like a seething mass... much quieter & even
some sunshine today... getting out is definitely a tonic I need.... Hope the weather was better where you are!!! xx

Went out.. out today !!! Walk in the park to the restaurant for lunch... sat in chair like a proper person & so enjoyed it! Cabin fever was setting in & the rain has not stopped so a dry day today was a bonus!
Made soup this afternoon & now relaxing on sofa... best day yet!!!!!

Hello Chrissie! Wonderful to hear how well you are doing. I’m sure your mind set and solid expectations have helped this go easier than expected. Boy can I relate to the chattering mind. Turning that off is key to sleep at least. Sorry your weather isn’t cooperating. Hope you get some blue skies days to chase away and blues from recovery.

Sending lots of love @Hoppy Nanny My hipster sister. Could not have gone through this without you sweet friend. :loveshwr:

Well... had a hoot yesterday... I sent my long suffering hubby out for the day to see his family... he needs some time out from my recoveries... it must be very tiring for him... he’s been a star.

Meanwhile my sis (who is 12 weeks out from THR) took me out for some retail therapy... we only went to Chichester (12 mins in car) to Dunelm Mills & bought some home goodies.
She is still using a walking stick & I had my one crutch... she was helping me out of the car & we had to find decent chairs to sit in for lunch... it was like the blind leading the blind...
It was a lovely afternoon... knee behaved perfectly.. just a little stiff later in the day...
All in all... doing great ... 4 weeks on Monday... still quite stiff at times but pain minimal...

Getting a little bored .... an impatient patient...
know it’s still early days.. a long way to go but good so far.

Getting out is such a mood lifter. I'm glad you had a good time with your sister and your knee didn't throw a fit.

I’m regretting getting carried away!!! Saturday proved to be my worst day yet!! Don’t know what did it but my knee was so painful yesterday... I spent last night Icing & elevating & feeling extremely sorry for myself...Woke up this morning feeling miserable & really tearful... which is really not like me...can’t shake it off... think I’m going to have to resort to @Tykey and his prescription for Jam Roly Poly & custard or @Sara61 and apple pie & cream... xxx

I'm sorry you're having a bad day. The problem with the ODIC (Over Did It Club) is that the membership requirements are very nebulous and change every day. What you did then was fine and today it is very Not Fine. It's an extra fun challenge brought to you by NewKnees. Does yours have a name yet?

Remember that the unusual tears are annoying but normal after surgery. The pain and exhaustion and healing all do a number on your emotions and brain chemicals. Cry when you need to and know you've been what I call 'brain-jacked'. Its like PMS, you don't have to have anything really wrong to be down and need a good cry.

Chrissie sorry to hear you paid the price on Saturday, but whilst doing so just remind yourself what fun you had on Friday- this is a huge rollercoaster ride and I can totally sympathise with you as I know full well tomorrow I will be just the same ...but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and shortly our knees won't pay back so often.
Hope you treated yourself to something tasty :)

:good-bad: Saw your post and thought of this emoji....Remembering the early days of my second hip (7 months today!) and I feel your pain both physically and emotionally....

The best comfort is that no lasting "damage" was done; just that your new knee was reminding you, "Hey, should you being doing all of this right now?" Bless your heart, these recoveries are not for the faint of heart.

Be well Dear Girl xox

Hope after Sunday and a good relaxing day you are feeling happier xx
Lol my turn today ...as I have a pretty uneventful day ahead and it's cold and mis outdoors I can't even strum up the energy to do home exercises which I know I will regret. Knee bend and click is really annoying me today finding heel slides painful as the joint clicking is somewhere behind my knee...
Hoping it's just the weather.. Maybe a mince pie will cheer me up :chinstroke:
Sending big Hugs to you xx

The tears just seem to happen for me...actually quite frequently, I just embrace them and recognize how cathartic they can be.

Surgery and it's after effects definitely kick them up a notch. You are healing and the tears are good for your soul.

Thanks you gorgeous people for your lovely comments & how right you all are!! Up & down all the way....think it was more my mood than the knee ... just overwhelming sometimes.... one day it’s manageable & the next it’s too much!!
However, a fairly good week so far! Knee still very stiff but bend us gradually improving... still very stiff after sleeping but works out with some walking around. Dropped one lot of paracetamol so taking 3x per day now..... will try & drop another dose next week.
Went out for lunch on Wednesday... an hour in the car & sat for 3 hours... all good.....
Doing it again for a friends birthday today.... normal life is on the horizon... hopefully!
Another physio next week & my 6 week check on 28th..... hoping to drive this week... will give it a go on a quiet road.
Hoping everyone is having a good week & thanks for your support... love Chrissie xx

:) :-) (:Hopefully we'll both be driving at the same time - I'm so excited at that prospect as living in the country has its set backs especially in the quieter Winter months - sounds silly but even a trip to my local supermarket at this stage sounds exciting ha ha...
Enjoy your lunches and birthdays outing it is all a sign that we are slowly getting back to normal.
Wishing you a very successful weekend both social and knee wise xxxx

I remember that joy and freedom it gave me to finally be well enough to drive. My first time I took a friend with me just in case I felt I couldn't do it the whole time. We drove to an empty parking lot so I could practice making a hard, panic stop. I did fine and drove the whole time. Then I knew I was fine alone. Independence was back! What a wonderful feeling.

Hello Chrissie. @Hoppy Nanny

Have been away for a bit. Sounds like you are doing pretty well for so soon after your surgery. Happy to hear you even managed an outing with your sister. What a hoot. Both of you helping each other. Glad the blues have cleared. Sending healing vibes across the pond. Lots of xxxxxx :loveshwr:Sarah

Me too @russianblu
Don’t think I’ll ever be ready for Strictly though :heehee:
How are you doing at 12 weeks? I’ll try & find your thread to find out!!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GardenGram
Recent bookmarks