TKR Unwanted... But much Kneedead TKR

Wow - you do look fabulous and I'm amazed you are dressed in normal trousers all I've been wearing is tracksuit bottoms I haven't attempted trousers yet, although most of my jeans are skinny so not sure my swollen knee would be too happy.
I had all dressing removed on Saturda8y it's weird looking at the knee infact I said to my hubby the surgeon must have had a few glasses of wine as it's not the straightest of incisions plus on the knee bend there is a dip hope this will straighten.
Been told to rub different fabrics over it daily and once Steri strips fall off to start hydrating it.
Good luck today with your staple removals. Maybe I too next weekend will attempt the board walk at the beach it would be nice to have a change of scenery and move.
Wishing you a good week 3 xxx
 
Wonderful picture @Hoppy Nanny :SUNsmile: Makes me happy to see your smiling face ChrissI’d!

You look happy and amazingly relaxed. You’d never know all that you’ve been up to this last two weeks. Sounds like you are healing nicely and coming right along. Third time is a charm to be sure. Get those dancing shoes dusted off it’s going to be a fabulous New Year! ❤️
 
That is a wonderful photo in the park. Keep up the good recovery!
 
@Sara61
Thanks Sara.... The jeans don’t seem to agitate my knee at all.... had 32 staples out yesterday... now adorned with steristrips too!!

The beach is my happy place so to get there in the sunshine was such a tonic ... hope you get to make it soon..

Knee doing well... got first physio on Wednesday & dreading it!!! I know they will say it’s not bending rough but it’s ok for me!!!

My first THR hip on the op knee side is complaining it’s taken a bashing too...hoping that stops whining soon...

Hope this is a good week for you... take care xx
 
Thanks Sarah @Fit4Family
I’m doing ok.... trying to take each day as it comes (you know !!) & not get down if there’s another hitch... my first THR complaining a bit ... but it’s taking all the flack from the knee.

As you say... Dancing shoes are ready & waiting.... maybe a while yet..

Thanks so much for your support sweetheart.. it means a lot.

You & me won’t be sorry to see this year out of the way :console2:

Love & hugs .. Chrissie x
 
Thanks @CricketHip
I, too, wonder about bend/extension ... bit like chicken/egg... what comes first!!!
It’s all going ok Thank you... just taking it easy & a little exercise ...just as BoneSmart says!!
Thanks for your support xxx
 
Will be thinking of you tomorrow I too have physio tomorrow (changed from today) hopefully it will go smoothly and you will get to enjoy it on my first session last week they just used the CPM which was gentle and after I learnt to relax it was easy. It's the fear of not knowing which is the worst.
Got my 1st social event tonight (1st in 3 weeks) a friend has invited us to dinner ( he is a Michelin chef) so the food will be good shame I can't enjoy the wine . .but it will be good for me to dress up and socialize :) even planning on wearing new boots ha ha (fingers crossed)
Keep up the good work xx
 
Oooh enjoy @Sara61
I wanna come... Michelin star chef... whoop whoop... hope you get a comfy chair & enjoy the food...

Not sure whether our physio will have a CPM machine... :shrug:

Have a good day !! love Chrissie xx
 
Hi Chrissie
Our friend was creating a new concept for his restaurant as he is mid 70ties and wants to slowly retire so he wants to turn it into a "Tapas House" so last night was an experiment of an assortment of Tapas and cheeses (they recently had travelled round Spain,) the tapas were delicious - unfortunately my knee just wasn't prepared to sit at a table so eventually I had to admit defeat and move on to their sofa so kinda missed out most of the fun - then paid the price last night at home in bed not a happy knee ha ha ( maybe it was just too soon ) but their will be more occasions I'm sure.
Didnt wear the boots haha Hope physio is good for both of us today xxxx
 
Dropping by.jpeg Just dropping by dear Chrissie xx

I just love that photograph of you by your precious sea and looking very glamorous indeed with your foxy silver hair! You will have those dancing shoes on for Christmas ... and Sarah and I will be dancing with you ...ah, both Sarahs!

Sending big hugs and kisses always.
[Bonesmart.org] Unwanted... But much Kneedead  TKR Izzy xx
 
Hi Sara

Sorry you couldn’t fully enjoy your tapas... sitting can be so uncomfy.... you will need to go back again soon!

My physio went very well...no CPM!! But the physio was very empathetic & didn’t push me at all.... tried all the exercises that he wants me to do... on stairs... sitting & supine...
he was pleased with extension & said flexion was OK! Pleased with my gait too! Got to go back in 3 weeks... my knee is throbbing a bit now but to be expected! Do hope your physio was good for you as well!

Managed some hoovering & sweeping today
along with making bed & clearing kitchen... I also woke up today feeling really well in myself....hoping this will continue.

Izzy@Izabel

Love Silver foxy hair... it’s just boring grey!! Coloured it blonde for years but developed psoriasis & they advised against colouring it again... any excuse for me!!!

Wouldn’t it be great to be all dancing by Christmas... That’s my goal now! I do so love dancing... it’s been a while!

Hoping you are feeling brighter my dear Izzy....
Sending love & hugs.

Love Chrissie xx❤️
 
.. tried all the exercises that he wants me to do... on stairs... sitting & supine...
Managed some hoovering & sweeping today
along with making bed & clearing kitchen.
my knee is throbbing a bit now but to be expected!
I know that you are really happy with all these accomplishments but that throbbing knee is telling you that you are doing way too much for 2 weeks post op.

Take it slow with those exercises and activities, if there is any increased pain and swelling within 24-48 hours after doing them, then you did more than necessary for your particular knee. At this very early stage you just need gentle movements to keep your knee mobile.

Hoovering is also too hard on your new knee right now.

Yes, throbbing is to be expected after overdoing, but we should not do things that cause throbbing. Please be careful, don’t rush your recovery. Sometimes rushing causes a set back that takes longer to recover from than the time it took to do that the activity that caused it.

You are 2 weeks into a recovery that takes an average of 52 weeks.
 
Hi Chrissie
Glad to hear PT went well for you- likewise I enjoyed mine had another 30 minutes on the cpm machine I have a good bend at 120 but a lot of improving still needed on the extension.
As we live about 30 minutes by car to the physio and then parking etc my knee is tired from all the hanging around waiting - thankfully back home now on ice haha.
I only have to go again next week.
It's hard turning a blind eye to the housework and I too like you hoovered last week but now decided it can wait a little longer - my hubby is not at all domesticated I'm lucky if he remembers to buy me food and do the shopping:heehee:
Hopefully I will be allowed to drive soon xx
Rest well tonight and feet up tomorrow
Sending big Hugs
Love Sarah xx
 
Thanks so much @Jockette
Since being back I’m Icing & elevating & taking it easy.
I think because I felt so well it was easy to overdo it... but I’m BS indoctrinated so won’t be pushing it too far for sure... I’m grateful for your timely reminder sweetheart & will take it on board...it was nice to feel normal for a bit. :thankyou:

Glad all went well for you Sara .... it is the travelling & sitting, etc that is too much.
I couldn’t resist the hoovering.. with two sheltie dogs we’ve hairs everywhere & hubby does hoover but not as much as I’d like...
think we are too fussy!!!

oooh driving... that will be good... might be a few weeks for me as it’s my right knee & it’s too sore st the moment... nice to be independent again... hope you can soon!
Hope you have a quiet evening with the knee.

Cheers Chrissie x
 
Been thinking of you and so glad to hear you are feeling better. Sounds like you overdid it with the housework. I understand how hard it is to resist though. Take it easy and go slow. Keep us posted on your progress.
 
Ahhh thanks @lotusbuds ... I didn’t suffer any ill effects from the housework... my hoover is a small Gtech which requires very little effort!!

So far all good here!! Pain very much under control with paracetamol every 4 hours & finding I’m forgetting to take it on time... a good sign... Sleeping all night with only toilet breaks... but by 7 am need to stretch the knee out...

Walking is fine... can now sit on most chairs for a short while.... ... If only the weather would buck up it would be nice to get out but rain & wind yesterday was horrendous... went to beach today..

3 weeks since op & monday... seems longer .. but all in all.. no complaints.... pain minimal... some zinger likes pains but not too much... yay!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend..
love Chrissie xx
 
@Hoppy Nanny How would you compare this surgery to your hip ones in terms of pain, recovery, flexility and whatever comes to mind...I admire you for doing so well and wish you a wonderful day and week.
XXX
 
@lotusbuds
It’s a difficult comparison.... I must admit I was dreading it as everyone said how painful it was going to be... but I haven’t found it too much more so than the 2nd hip.... there are pros & cons... with the hip independence is more difficult because of twisting, leaning & bending.... with the knee I have been pretty much doing everything myself... I had a ‘log leg’ for 2 weeks but the leg lifter sorted that out...
I have slept better with the knee.. pain dud not keep me awake..
However, I think I was prepared mentally by the hip operations & BoneSmart... I do think that is the key to be honest... with my first hip my mind chattered constantly.. ooohhh.. what if this/that happens, etc.... but Ive learnt to dismiss all that....
All the recoveries are a trial of patience..... as you know! I’m glad I had the knee done... even though I know I’ve months of recovery ahead...
Hope all is well with you... love Chrissie xx
 
Lovely steady progress, laced with healthy pragmatism. You are well on the way.
I saw photos of your horrendous winds yesterday, definitely not a day for a stroll up onto Beachy Head
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom