• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[TKR] Unwanted... But much Kneedead TKR

OP
OP
Hoppy Nanny

Hoppy Nanny

big-cheese
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi everyone ...hope you don’t mind me not answering everyone personally but mind is a bit foggy!!!

Had op at 11am back in Room by 2pm... all good so far.... lots & lots of painkillers so pain mostly ok... not been up yet they are leaving until tomorrow.

Surgeon came by at 6pm & said knee completely eaten up with arthritis ... nice:shrug: to get some validation!!! I’m not a wimp :happydance:

Obviously I know this is the honeymoon period ( not like my own honeymoon in a tiny caravan in Hastings with gaslight and a friendly herd of insects/creepy crawlers)
eeek!

Hope everyone is having a relatively pain free day!

So much love to all you fabulous BoneSmarties... what a big hug exudes from you all... :thankyou:

Love Chrissie xxx

pamsknees

Country
United States United States
Glad all went well & that you are pain free! Hope all goes great with your recovery!

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Awww, so good to wander over to the knee side and see you've already posted an update!
You sound so lucid.. and even remembering your honeymoon. :rotfl:
Best wishes for a restful night with continued pain relief.

Izabel

graduate
Country
Portugal Portugal
Flowers.jpegGood morning my dear friend. xx I kept popping in yesterday looking for you but I don't look at my computer past 7pm-ish when we have dinner ... but here I am!

So pleased all went well. Honeymoon? We didn't have one as we were poor (financially) but full of foolish love. :friends:

Silly to say take things easy ... you have no choice! :heehee: But I wish you a peaceful and pain free day. Catch you later.

animated-hug-image-0128.gifIzzy xx

Fit4Family

graduate
Country
Hoping your honeymoon phase continues today Chrissie. xxxx Sounds like you might try to get up today? Best of luck! Sending gentle hugs across the pond. Hoping your hip is happy with its new shinny friend.

Bfam85

Country
@Hoppy Nanny … Yay!!!! You are on the recovery side :loveshwr:

It must be so different from your last two hips....when you're ready, please give us all the details.

Sending you lots of hugs and joy that you have your new knee!!!!

OP
OP
Hoppy Nanny

Hoppy Nanny

big-cheese
Country
Hello everyone
Thanks so much for your good wishes.. the internet here is rubbish... just get on & drops the signal!!

Well, I’m still here... hope to go home tomorrow...Tuesday was a very painful day... eased off a bit yesterday. Walking is fine but trying to bend the knee is shockingly painful so I’m just doing the best I can...
Had all the ‘ you’ll have to have MUA if you don’t work at it ... but Bonesmart has taught me better!!!
Lots of painkillers but now being withdrawn to go home.... not sleeping too well... appetite not too good... so all what I expected...
Surgeon says knees & muscles were a mess in there.. nice!
Take care everyone
love Chrissie xx❤

Sara61

Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi Chrissie I can sympathise with you my 1st couple of days were awful all down to pain meds / lack of sleep etc
You will turn a corner and your days will look brighter I changed my pain medication back to Tramadol so the last 24 hours has been oh so much better and I finally slept.
BoneSmart friend a helped enormously during those bleak days and funnily enough Izabel whom I met on BoneSmart lives quite close to me in the Algarve we have already chatted on the phone x

Keep up us updated with everything good and bad there is always someone awake somewhere in the BoneSmart world.

Take one day as it comes and remember lots of self TLC
Hugs from Portugal Love Sarah

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:console2: hugs and hope all gets easier soon.

Izabel

graduate
Country
Portugal Portugal
Hello3.jpeg dear Chrissie

Sorry you are in discomfort. I didn't want to say to you beforehand, but I found my hip op a walk in the park compared to my knee! I actual called the hospital three days after I was discharged as I was in so much pain. The Nurse who was 'my' Nurse told me to take the pain killers as instructed, ice and elevate and call back in two days if necessary ... I did not call back.

I know you can get through this as you and your Sis have through hip traumas. We are all here rooting for you.

Sending hugs and love your way ...

Hang .. Better.jpeg Izzy xx

gertie

post-grad
Country
@Hoppy Nanny I'm glad to hear that the pain has eased off a bit and hope they send you home with good pain relief available. I found that the first 36 to 48 hours were the most painful and then there was a noticeable decrease in pain just as I was about to go home. I certainly had some pain at home but it was well managed by meds, elevation, ice, and rest. Good for you in resisting the directions to "bend, bend, bend." Just focus on letting things heal and getting the swelling down.

Bfam85

Country
@Hoppy Nanny thanks for giving us all an update....we care about you!!! I'm glad that you were prepared for this and you knew the early days can be pretty trying. Patience is the medicine of the day, dear girl. This too shall pass, you will be home and recovering and, finally, you will be living the life you love! :thumb:

Fit4Family

graduate
Country
@Hoppy Nanny

My heart goes out to you Chrissie. I hope these first few days are behind you quickly and that you find a medication time table that helps you live through the early days. I hope you can go home today and maybe rest better without all the noise and disruptions. Sending lots of ❤ and wishes for a better tomorrow. xxxxxxx :flwrysmile:

OP
OP
Hoppy Nanny

Hoppy Nanny

big-cheese
Country
Much better day today.... no physio .. just washed, dressed & packed to go home... physio came in & I declined the session as I thought all the going home stuff was going to be sufficient for the day.

Once home snuggled on sofa with elevation, Ice & doggies..fabulous... only paracetamol today & no pain... yay... Know it’s going to be back at some stage but Ill take it for now!!!!

Much love to you all for your lovely support & comments... hoping to sleep well in my own bed tonight.. Love Chrissie xx❤

Sara61

Country
Portugal Portugal
Wishing you a good night's sleep in your own bed Chrissie and a good days to follow :)

OP
OP
Hoppy Nanny

Hoppy Nanny

big-cheese
Country
@Tykey
Thank you... every little drop of encouragement raises my spirits... I might add some codeine in the mix before I do my exercises as this knee does not want to bend yet!!’
Can’t say it’s much fun... My hubby is getting
me some jamroly poly. Told him it’s been prescribed.. yum!! :thankyou: It had better do the trick DrTykey :shrug:

I’m in that wanna get up.. wanna sit down.. wanna lay down (don’t wanna get u)p phase

This too will pass.

Thanks for your support everyone....love Chrissie x

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
BenF
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom