Guest viewing is limited

THR UK Recovery

What a great update! Sounds like you are coming right along and have learned to listen to your body’s cues and take it from there.
I wish you well.
 
Thank you for sharing an update, @KentOldster. I'm so happy to read that you are doing well at the three-month mark and getting back to regular activities. Improvement will most definitely continue; although, as you note, it's not linear. I'm just a few days shy of nine months post-THR and I'm still noticing little things getting better.

I hope your biopsy comes back clear and that your wife remains stable.

Best wishes for you continued recovery. And please don't be a stranger -- your updates can be of great help and hope to members who are pre-op or in the earliest days of recovery.
 
"enjoy" the biopsy had me laughing, thank you! My consultant did say that it only takes 10 minutes, and is guided by an ultrasound probe. My mistake was asking how...... my eyes still water thinking about the "enjoy" to come :) The words "elegant" or "dignified" disappeared from the time i first had a scan for the hip - I doubt they will return. As I said a long time back, a good sense of humour helps mitigate the indignities ........as well as good single malt :)
 
I love all of the good news and I'm happy to hear you're doing so well, Kent. Thanks for taking the time to share an update.

After your exchange with, Eman85, all I'm thinking right now is that I'm glad I'm not a guy. :heehee:

Your physician sounds pretty confident and I'm glad you're trusting his opinion. I wish you and your wife the best.
Please don't be a stranger here, we love updates.
@KentOldster
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary, KentOldster!
I hope Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods and you're looking forward to warm sunny days.
I know I am. Wishing you and your wife the best! :flwrysmile:
@KentOldster
 
:wave: Happy Five Month Anniversary!
Hope you continue to do well, remain in good health and enjoy life with your new hip!
@KentOldster
 
Long time since last update and delighted to say that the hip is behaving as it should, and I am still amazed at the difference and my good fortune (so far!) On the other bit of "fun" -I can now say with no doubt that I do not like biopsies :) It turns out to be a "good news/bad news" story - I do apparently have prostate cancer, but - it is very small (3mm) and with a very low PSA score of 1.9 and all the other investigations now done - my consultant says that it is the lowest risk type and only needs "watchful waiting" of a PSA test every 6 months, a PSA test alone would have just given a false "all clear". In truth this outcome is something of a relief as new chemicals or surgery I am very - very - glad to avoid! I 'fess up to having slipped a bit on exercise stuff while focussing on getting the results of biopsy - but now i can get back and make the most of my mobility - walking and gardening mainly for now.
 
Last edited:
Happy (belated) six month hip-anniversary, @Kent Oldster.

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with the anxiety of being diagnosed with prostate cancer, but glad it's the "wait-and-watch" kind so you don't have to deal with another surgery right now.

It's wonderful to read that your hip is doing well -- and it will only continue to improve. I'm just a few days shy of my hip's one year anniversary and can honestly say, I never think about it at all. Just spent a weekend in New York City and walked a total of 15 miles without issue.

Thanks for the update. You are on your way!
 
Happy Six Month Anniversary!
You've hit a real milestone, half way through the average recovery time.

I'm sorry you had the added concern in regard to your prostate and hopefully the "watch and wait" brings some reassurance that you're being closely monitored and there's no immediate concern. I wish you steady healing and good follow up appointments and lots of enjoyable walks and time spent gardening. Stay in touch, it was nice to hear from you!
@KentOldster
 
What has really struck me is the progress :- from "This will never be right ever again" to "What hip replacement?" There were without doubt darker times at the start, and occasional setbacks, but for those just starting on the journey - it does improve! Listent to the medical teams, listen to your body and never feel isolated or unable to scream for support.
 
@KentOldster
So sorry to hear about your prostate issues. But seems like you caught it very early and I like the wait and see news!
Happy 6 month hip anniversary.
If only all of us that have recovered from hip surgery could go speak to all those awaiting surgery or just had the surgery, we are a treasure trove of information and good news! It does get better!
Oh, that’s right, we are here on bonesmart where everyone should be facing joint replacement!
 
Back
Top Bottom