Guest viewing is limited

THR Two down, none to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debra R, I had my right hip done March 2nd and my left hip done June 15th, I'm very happy it is behind me!! I feel like I have good days and some not so good, my PT keeps reminding me I am still healing from hip #1. So stop trying to rush things....I'm sorry you have to wait till September for hip #2, putting up with the pain can be excruciating, it amazes what pain can do to the mind!!
God bless you and get you healthy!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It is one of those difficult situations we want it over and done but we have to work to our bodies capability and what the drs are also happy to do. I need second hip but other problems are getting tin the way.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@PDA thanks. I was just so sure it was going to be this month, so came as a big disappointment to me. I am a little worried about the hip I had done, as I can't do any meaningful walking. I can't do any of the things I used to do, and am feeling like my life is on hold. I know that I will have to just get on with it, but just having a bit of a pity party right now. Other people are probably in worse positions than I am, I know that, but it doesn't help when you are facing your own reality.
 
@Legin - I hope for you that your other problems get resolved soon! I will snap out of this funk, I just have to rearrange my thoughts and think of September now. Best wishes for you.
 
Ty, I know its difficult I keep giving myself wee projects tho its difficult as before I did all the masculine huff and puff work, hey I'm.a.man and I know how we milk it. Always here if you need to vent

Legin THR Sep 14
 
DebraR, it's tough to have a date in mind and suddenly it changes, I had plenty of pity parties myself while I was waiting to have my second hip especially because I was in so much pain, I had AVN. You are right, you just want to move on with your life and when you can't it brings on the pity parties!! I am jus two and half weeks out and I'm plugging along!! Good days, some not so good!! I will pray for you that time passes quickly for you and you can move ahead in your recovery!!
Happy Fourth to you and your family!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Legin @PDA appreciate your feedback and support. Getting used to idea of new date and even found some positives-1) I will be that much farther along in my right hip recovery. 2) surgeon will be fresh from her vacation (lol). 3) still time left to recover before Montreal winter weather kicks in. 4) will be in great shape by the end of this year and hopefully will be in "forgotten hips" mode for 2016. Need positive attitude in life and in hips-I work on that every day as does not come to me naturally.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Need positive attitude in life and in hips-I work on that every day as does not come to me naturally.
Tough one indeed! By Christmas you will have a matching set of shiny new hips and be well on your way to enjoying pain free living!
 
@DebraR You always come around with that positive attitude! I have to say that my PT has helped me with my knees as I was relating how they feel -- I'm never one to shy away from asking for 'free' advice. :snork: My operated hip knee used to click when I lurched up the stairs -- no more! Glad you are able to heal more for the next hip. My PT said that she will request more therapy for me. As long as I am improving I'm pretty sure the Doc will approve. She had the protractors out again this morning! Pretty soon I'm going to be able to do splits! and I've never been able to do that!
 
I'm curious what type of PT do you do?? Is it in house or do you go somewhere for therapy! My first hip my therapist came to my home nine times, this time she only comes five times, that lovely insurance!! I'm hoping after seeing my surgeon Friday I'll be able to exercise in my pool just not sure what to do in my pool!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@DebraR So sorry to hear of the delay but I liked the way you found some positives in the whole mess, especially the OS feeling fresher. Time moves too slowly in some ways and too fast in others. Best wishes and enjoy these lovely summer months.
Diane
 
@DebraR great thoughts about your upcoming surgery! It will be here faster than you know. I am hoping and praying my right one holds out awhile. hugs to you
 
@DebraR I had been doing the pool Burdenko Method for a year (every other day) before my surgery, and I am continuing with my recovery. With that therapy & 2 steriod shots that lasted 6 mos each, I was able to get over the shock of my diagnosis, and helped me prepare mentally & physically for surgery while not having to cancel some very important plans to include finding a best OS. I was able to get a series of water exercises that I could do on my own and had my surgery one year after diagnosis and 4 mos after my 2nd opinion. I took a bit of a risk with the delay, but I needed to have my ducks in a row and feel comfortable with the diagnosis and the OS.
Hope you are seeing the advances that I am with PT. It seems to be helping me all over as I concentrate on posture, alignment and strength. I have seen improvement with my knees that have 'some' arthritis but no need for surgery in the near future. The clicking is gone in one just over these past couple of weeks.
So take this time to catch your breath and heal! There are plenty here who can help you with waiting. :friends:
 
My surgery was delayed and delayed and delayed. It's disheartening, deflating, painful, and stressful. I hear you. I feel for you and sending you virtual hugs and pep talks to pass the time❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@wcgirl you seem to be a very organized person, one who needs order to be able to do things and do them right. I analyse everything to death, and most of the time, it is a good thing. Glad your PT really helps you. I just want the other hip done and move on! Tired on trying to map out the shortest route when out doing errands, so that I won't have to much pain. Tired of watching everyone's lives look so easy and comfortable and mine is a struggle to get up and on with my day. Life has lost its color, and although intellectually I know there is a solution and I just have to wait a little longer, I find myself, well, not myself. Time, sometimes a good thing, and sometimes not.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy (cute name) so sorry your urgent was delayed so much, I know you know what I'm going through and your words are comforting to me. Hugs back!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh @DebraR I really feel for you, believe me there have been many times I have felt the same way. I know its so difficult this wait and there is nothing can be done. But time will pass and before you know that will be you. Moan away its allowed and won't be long before that upbeat gal returns. Humongous hugs

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin so appreciate your virtual hugs. You are a doll! One day I am moaning about this, the next I manage not to. Going on our annual trip to New Hampshire next week-we go every summer. I notice the difference year to year on what I can/cannot do. This year I can do hardly anything! Don't even feel like going to the beach, the five minute week to the ocean will take me much longer this year. That beautiful ocean walk (used to be ocean run!) last year dwindled to me sitting on a bench by the beautiful ocean waiting for my companions to finish their invigorating walk. Keep those hugs coming, I need them, especially from someone who understands fully the limitations this stupid OA puts on us. Enjoy your day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom