Revision TKR Turtle's Revision scheduled for July 19, 2016

patient 99 Thanks Carol, I am feeling better today both physically and mentally. I maade appointment to see therapist on Wesnesday, I have so many good things that I'm looking forwward to, especially the day this household is packed up and we'll be responsibility free for a few months. Who knows, if we can get a deal to go to England and Ireland, we may just fly over the pond to get away from the heat. Besides, I've never been to England. Did you keep your dental appointment today. Here they have you medicate with antibiotic before they will clean your teeth. Hope you're having a good day and me I'm just trying to stay in an attitude of gratitude. Thankfully, my knee has been doing much better. I'm not exercising except fo heel slides, leg extensions, and walking around house as much as I can.
 
Hi Dorothy, you know I would have thought moving house when you have just had a TKR was crazy, but I actually think its doing you the world of good. Something so exciting to prepare for and look forward to. Not just knee, knee, knee.

I did keep the dental appt. I was pleased that I did. Everything I do like that makes me feel as if my life is getting back to normal. I checked out whether I needed to take extra antibiotics, but because I take penicillin daily (lack of spline) I was told that would suffice.

You said your knee has been doing much better. Could you tell me in what way? You will see from a message I sent Jaki, that I said any improvement that I am making is so slow and subtle I'm not sure its happening. Indeed for the last 2 days the tight band feeling has been worse than ever. I know, I know I shouldn't make comparisons, but I'm only human - well except for the lump of metal inside me.

Let me know if you do get to the UK, we could meet up. xxC
 
Caro, I thought I had answered this but who knows where. It's just the last couple of weeks, it feels much better. I think the myofascial release therapy plus compression sleeve, and lots of good old fashion knee slides (always a few at a time) have slowly made a difference, I had had some tendonitis from an antibiotic I was put on at 9 weeks, and that seems to have finally worked itself out. I got very excited today when I made 5 full turns on the exercise bike with no pain. One little step at a time. Here's to a better day tommorrow,
 
[Bonesmart.org] Turtle's Revision scheduled for July 19, 2016
is a GOOD thing!!!! And what matters most is that it will get you to the end of recovery road along with everyone else. Keep up the good work 'cause YOU CAN DO THIS!

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Hi Dorothy, sorry you had explained how things were better for you - I forgot. You really do deserve a break. I hope listening to me is not too much of a downer. My knee is particularly bad . The vice like grip, rubber band, tourniquet effect or what ever else it is called just gets tighter and tighter. I am resting - there is nothing else I can do. I can't bend my knee at all. I didn't do much yesterday, so I don't think its anything I've done. Just hoping a night's sleep will improve things. Also hoping it comes under the heading of `Normal'. I am sure I could do more 4 wks ago. I am seeing the OS on Friday. Its a closure meeting. Where he says you're OK, see you again in 12 months. I will be delighted if that's how it goes, so keeping my fingers crossed that the tightness improves by then.

I know from many, many other messages on BS that the only thing to do is rest. But too much rest can bring its own problems. But as they say my knee is in charge, so rest it is. Mike, my husband is away on business for a few days. That's good in some ways, but it gets lonely. A few weeks back I just couldn't get enough sleep, but that's not the case any more, so even having an early night is out. What is it we say to each other, Dorothy, `in 8 months time we will be up and running'. xCarol
 
[Bonesmart.org] Turtle's Revision scheduled for July 19, 2016
is a GOOD thing!!!! And what matters most is that it will get you to the end of recovery road along with everyone else. Keep up the good work 'cause YOU CAN DO THIS!

I really love the turtle and appreciate your good thoughts. Knee is coming along. I'm starting an out-patient therapy hospital program so I can get return to my normal, upbeat self. I do fake it very well but there does come a time when it catches up with you and I think all of my health issues have done that for me. Thanks again for yoyr support. I love my Bonsesmartie friends and I will keep you posted.
 
Can we change the name of my thread to turtlespeed?
 
Morning from a very wet part of the UK!
Hi Dorothy,
It's been very quiet so I was just wondering how you are doing? I hope all is well & your just busy doing things you haven't been able to do until now :)
Jaki x
 
I hit tthe bottom as far as chemical depression goes, so I have been in a partial hosspitalization program to getmeds and moods straightened. Knee was doing okay until yesterday then it acted up again. I already knew I was one tough lady but when this depression lifts I am going to declare myself Wonderwoman. Thanks for thinking of mee amd I have been thinking of ou and Caral.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
Oh Dorothy :sad: I am so sorry to hear that. However, your doing the right thing in acknowledging that your having a problem at this point in your recovery & your doing something about it to get you back on track again. I have NO DOUBT that you will be bouncing back about soon & ready to tackle whatever life happens to throw in our direction :) Big hugs & I really hope you start to feel better both physically & mentally soon :friends: jaki xx
 
Thanks Jaki, I'm doing better, My PCP had put me on valium for sleep and anxiety, and it sent me into a downward spiral all I could do was cry. Then I had the bad sinus infection and more antiobiotic, anyhow feling better every day and looking foward to trip to in couple of weks to see grandchildren. Thanks for thinking of me..

Hugs, Dorothy
 
Great news Dorothy :) It sounds like a case of being run down & low with the sinus infection, added to which the Valium Didn't do what they were supposed to do & then throw some antibiotics on top of that! So good to hear your feeling better & what could be a better tonic then going to visit your grandchildren! That gives you something to focus on for a few weeks! Wishing you all the very best & keep smiling, it WILL all come good in the end :flwrysmile: Jaki x
 
Thanks Jaki and Carol. I am so happy to report that this is the 1st morning (Sunday) that I am sitting here reading the paper, havng my coffee, and smiling. Going to my daughters in awhile. You guys really have helped keep me going and I wish you all the best for a great weekend. Hope your moving process is going smoothly Jaki.
 
Hi Dorothy, I think I remember you saying that your daughter lives quite close. All too often families get split up for various reasons. I know several women whose sons or daughters have emigrated. Australia seems to be a popular destination. They keep in touch through SKYPE. So again something to keep your pecker up that your family don't live hundreds of miles away. Also that you have a daughter rather than a son. Daughters tend to be close to their parents, whereas boys are more likely to drift away once they get married. Just keep remembering all the positive things you have to look forward to and it will keep you smiling. xxCarol
 
Thanks Carol, you're right about the daughter thing. Also, my daughter is gay and has a wonderful partner who is like a daughter to me. And my daughter-in-law is great, but you're right about sons drufting away although we are very close,

Cheers.
Dorothy
 
Hello to my good friends. I thought it was about time I report a significant improvement. Knee seems to be doing a little better Just mostly resting, stretching , and elevating. I thinks we've got my meds straightened out, and I finally through with the antibiotic. It's miserably hot outside - I'm seeing pictures on the news right now where people are putting booties on their dogs. Thanks for all your support.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
Great news Dorothy. Did you enjoy your visit to your daughter's. Hope she pampered you. I've seen the news about the heat in certain parts of the US. 19 fire fighters killed. America does seem to be getting more than its fair share of problems lately. But let's stay positive. Your new house will be built soon and you'll have all the fun of moving in. As always look after yourself. Carol
 
Dorothy, really want to hear just how good your Doctor thought you & your knee are doing! Enjoy your vacation & fingers crossed but I might have some good news on the house selling front to share with you!
 
Dr. said I was doing great in comparison to the mess I was a couple of weeks ago. Hope you get the deal finalalized on your house. Right now we're sitting in Houston waiting for our plane to arrive to take us to Chicago. Seervice has been great. My hubby went to the bar and got me a huge bag of ice. Hang in there I'm trying to stay calm because dr. said life stress can cause chemical changes in your brain, thus leasing to depression. He also reassured me I don't carry the addict gene so not to worry about taking pain pills.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
Back
Top Bottom