Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Turtle's Revision scheduled for July 19, 2016

turtle68 Dorothy, once you cross under 249 on Louetta HEB Vintage Park will be on your right, keep coming West crossing the RR tracks. Once you go through the light called Shadow Valley (my old neighborhood) CVS will be on your right and you will turn left into Fleet Feet, if you cross Champion Forest Drive you have gone to far.
 
How long does this nerve regeneration go on?
Who said that's what it is? Nerve regeneration doesn't usually cause pain. And it doesn't like ice, then don't use it! If your leg is swollen, then just elevate it.
 
Josephine, it's more like extreme sensitivity, and whether it's nerve regeneration I'm not sure. I do know that must of the numbness is gone from my knee.
Dorothh
 
Many thanks to all of you for your kind words since my rant yesterday. Today has been a good day. Met with therapist, called my insurance to see about getting some aquatic therapy, and then stopped by Flee Feet and met our BoneSmart friend, Bonnie, who works there. What a gem she is and what a thrill to meet someone from this forum who actually lives about 3 miles from me. Bought the compression stocking she talked about, and it seems to be helping. I can feel it getting tighter as the day goes on but did just wake up from a 2 hour nap where I was wearing it with my leg elevated. It's very hot and humid here in Houstn, so just rolling out thoselazy, hazy, days of summer. GOAL FOR NEXT SUMMER - TRIP TO ALASKA.
 
turtle68 It was great to meet you too Dorothy, so nice to put a face and a voice with all of the typed text! I would think if your compression sleeve feels tighter as the day wears on is because swelling will no doubt be more in the late afternoon or evening, just from living daily life throughout the day. These compression sleeves are essential for me! Let me know if you need another one and I'll make sure we have your size. Stop by the store any time, Tuesday thru Friday is when I am there! So nice to meet your husband too!!
 
Hi Dorothy, pleased to hear you are having a better day. Do you put that down to meeting with your therapist? I know therapy is a very personal thing, but if there's anything you want to share I would be interested to hear. From the little experience I have of counselling, its seems its their ability and willingness to really listen that is their strength. In everyday life it's so often the case that everyone is just waiting for a gap in the conversation, so that they can say their bit. There's little listening or real communication going on at all.

I'm off now to watch one of my favourite TV soap. Talk later. Pat99
 
Went to the pool yesterday and did a little walking and pqddling around. Had a very hard time walking yesterday, even in the pool. Had to do the stairs one at a time both up an down. I am just so disgusted with this whole thing. I'm seeing massage therapist this afternoon. He does myofascial release, so I thought I'd try that again. I just have to get more functional. We have a trip planned next month to see our grandkids in WI, and I'm not going to miss out on that. So sorry I'm whining but I;m just so tired.
 
Whine away, that's what we are here for!
Sounds like with all of that heat, a goal for Alaska next summer is the perfect choice! :)
 
Hi Dorothy, was just thinking I hadn't heard from you in a while, then I red messages you sent to Mutley saying you had been away etc. So glad you are back, I've missed you. You say you are moving to an age 55+ complex. I think when we get to a certain age what we want from our houses changes. I too would like to move. Ideally I would like a bungalow (no stairs) and no walls shared with noisy neighbours. But they don't build them anymore (lack of space in the UK), which means finding the right one at the right price is difficult. But that's for the future. Unlike Mutley I haven't got the stamina for house moves at present.

You said you'd had dinner with some English friends. What part of the UK do they come from? Have you been to the UK? Pat99
 
Hi Dorothy, the new house sounds great. In England (and USA too I imagine) the trouble with getting lots of amenities (pools etc), means that the annual service charges can be high and once you've moved in you have little control over how much they will increase year after year. Space is the big issue here. Some of the new builds are tiny.

So very pleased to hear that the knee is a little better. As good things are said to come in 3s, and Mutley feels a bit better too, I'm crossing my fingers. You mentioned being tired. I think that is part of the process. I could sleep on a clothes line. And your ROM have you done anything different to get the improvement?Pat99
 
Hi Dorothy, could you tell me do you get an ALERT if I post a message in your thread? Also, do you get an alert if I post a message in a thread you are watching? Pat99
 
turtle68, sorry to be a pest Dorothy, but I just wanted to check if I was doing something incorrect when I send you a message. You seem to be getting some and not others. I have started this one with your avatar turtle 68. Others I've started `dear Dorothy'. If you get the time could you check your thread and see if you've got the message asking if you get alerts. Many thanks. Pat99
 
patient 99 You're never a pest, I'm always happy to hear from you, and I'm not sure whether or not I've been getting your posts. Are you typing turtle68? I think it can be very confusing because sometimes I look at my thread and there will be posts where I've no alerts. How are you doing today? I'm feeling very tired so sent back to bed this morning an slept for an hour and now I'm about ready to take a nap. Podt me later with a list of posts I haven't answered and I will try answer.
 
turtle68 I didn't think it was necessary to type your avatar name before a post if I was in your thread. But just to be on the face side I will in future. You mention that you do get Alerts (although not all the time) so that clears up that point. All my previous messages are above. But don't feel under any pressure to respond. I know all about the tiredness issue. The important thing is to get it right for yourself. My chatter can wait. Pat99
 
@patient99 Our friends are from Lancanshire and Boston. Julie's parents live in Barton on Humble (sp?.mmWe have some other british friends here as there seem to be quite a lot of Brits here in Houston with the oil industry and all. There quite alot a pubs here - pretty authentic and even a few places with good fish and chips We feel very fortunate to have found this community where we are moving to. If yo want to look it up on the internet, it's called Del Webb's Sweetgrass. They build communities like this all over the country. They're free standing patio homes, all one story with your own front an bsack yard. My PT now is going to be cleaning out and and getting rid of stuff. Kneee seems to be getting a little better. I've been wearing a compression sleeve, and that seems to help. Will talk soon.
ugs, Dorothy
 
That's hugs, not ughs.[/quote

chuckle.
Hi Dorothy, I checked out Sweetgrass. It looks absolutely fab. Its the sort of place I've dreamed of, but they don't build places like that here. We have 50plus complexes which do have amenities and people to take care of the grounds, but they are apartments, not detached single storey homes. When I was young I lived in a flat (or apartment as you call it), and I didn't like living that close to my neighbours. You have to do things like turn the TV down late at night so as not to disturb people - yuk.

After reading your message I said to my husband let's go live in Texas, the property there looks great and very well priced compared to the UK. He wasn't convinced - that's men for you. Always being so damned sensible.

I will speak to my PT tomorrow about a compression sleeve. I presume you mean something similar to the stockings they encourage you to wear when flying. As my knee is playing up I will try anything I think might make life a bit easier. xx Pat99
 
Pat, I will get the name of this one. It was made in Germany and recommended to me by Bonesmart buddy, Bonnie, who actually lives nearby, and sold it to me at the Fleet ?Feet Running store where she works. Glad you checked out Sweeetgrass and wish you could convince your husband to at least visit us here in Houston. It's only 30 miles from downtown Houston, but serene beaaufiful and.
tell him we have lots of Brit friends we can introduce him to and there are
english restaurants as well as many pubs, some very authentic. For some reason we tend to make friends with people from the U.K.quite easily. Must be our sick senses of humor. Maybe sick is the wrong word, but wd do have a ot of fun with.
 
turtle68 Hi Dorothy, you'd make friends with any body very easily. We have visited America twice. Once we went to Florida(Disney and the the west) and once to Las Vegas. Not very typical of what real USA living must be. Unless you travel business class the flight's a killer. Also depending where and what time the heat can be too much for us. Vegas was lovely at night, but too hot during the day.

Saw my PT today. I'm experiencing horrible rubbing/scratching under the skin. Its just to the right of my knee. He checked out muscles and other bits and bobs and couldn't find anything that might be causing it. He gave my leg a massage, paying particular attention to the area that rubs. That was this morning and I haven't had the rubbing at all since. Good. For the first time tomorrow I am going to try pool therapy. Its supposed to be very good for increasing ROM. I'll let you know how I get on. xxPat99

ps: the one sure thing to convince my husband of anything is to tell him there's plenty of booze available.
 
Hi Dorothy, as you are online, does it mean that you are a little better? I went to the therapy pool today. I was a bit early so sat on the side. There were disabled people in the pool with their PTs. It was quite pitiful. They had to use a hoist to get in/out of the pool. No or little use of arms, legs. Some were blind. some mentally disabled too. And there's me moaning that my TKR isn't healing fast enough. Seeing something like that really makes you re-evaluate your lot. Sorry to be so gloomy. xC
 
Back
Top Bottom