TKR Trailspud Recovery thread

All this football talk...my husband is glued to the playoffs. Houston Texans embarrassing performance this season has two bright sides. We got a new coach from Penn State and we get first pick in the draft. I hope NOT "Johnny Football Manzel!"

I think the consensus is that Houston will pick Teddy Bridgewater (QB, Louisville). Manziel doesn't grade out as well for the NFL game.

San Francisco won earlier so the NFC championship is set and should be a great game. Denver is up 17-0 early in the 3rd...lots of time left.
 
I am just hoping, after all of these years, that the Browns finally decide to do something right.
Cleveland gets the 4th pick. Probably will go with Bortles the QB from UCF, but that depends on previous picks. Some chatter Houston picking Bridgewater then trading possibly w/Cleveland for additional/future picks.

San Diego made it interesting late, but conference championships are ready. Two great games in store next week.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Still not sure why I tapped in Chiefs tonight,
:rotfl: You did it because it SHOULD have been the Chiefs!!! (said the person who lives in Kansas City!)
 
good to see you trailspud! (Once my team's out I don't care much about the remaining football).
 
@RestAssured
We got our wish with the Denver win. Peyton had the eye of the tiger today and the reshuffled Bronco D stuffed the Patriot run game. On to New Jersey.

@1ELISEA
Looks like it's going to be a game long battle between Seattle and the 49ers. Seattle is going to have to stop Kaepernick which those of us in the Boise know is hard to do.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wore my Broncos jersy, they won.
Now wearing my 49er Jersey, and had a beer for a friend.
Number 10 always gave Boise trouble! Go Wolf Pack
Looking like a great game no matter the outcome!
 
@Pumpkln
We like Kap, too. Great athlete. I'm going to miss the next little bit of the game, but will catch most of the 2nd half. Seattle is tough. I think this game goes to the wire.

Post-game: Well, I missed more of the 3rd Q than planned, but a great finish. Kap's mistakes were unfortunate, but he made some great plays, too. I think Denver matches up
better vs Seattle. Broncos have a stout run D. Should be a great Super Bowl.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cowboys always do me a favor and bow out before the playoffs!:scare: Gives me more time to focus on Peyton and the Broncos!:happydance: What a generous team, those Cowboys!:snork:
 
Yea!!!!! Seahawks WIN the Superbowl!!!
(Well, I am only a couple of weeks early.) :beer::thumb::yes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
He he he... No clash, I just know this is Peyton's year! Go Broncos! By the way @trailspud, how are you doing? I am feeling fantastic and hitting the gym 5 days a week, even went Saturday!:happydance:

@1ELISEA, I know you got caught up in the moment...:rotfl: But repeat after me

BRONCOS win the Super Bowl!

Practice that for the next two weeks, and you should have it down!:egypdance::whistle::happydance::heehee:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@RestAssured
Glad to hear you doing so well. Thanksgiving, December, and the holidays...which don't end until the final national holiday in two weeks (Super Bowl!)...have loaned me about 15 lbs which I hope to give back and then some as the days grow longer. I'm doing well in the gym...about 4 days/week...and I'm walking my old dog on most days (2-3 miles). I'm going to start brisk walking again outside soon (have been doing some uphill treadmill time). My left knee is stuck with just enough flexion to cycle, but not much more. I'll see my OS in a few months and discuss options. I do think I might be slowly getting a little more bend, but I'm not really focusing on it.

Work has been busy, and my timing of the scant snowfall has not been good so I have not gone snowshoeing since just before New Year's Day. I'm hoping that I will get a few good, long days in February and March. My knees feel pretty good...very little pain and just occasionally. I think I will be able to do some long hikes this spring and summer. If 2014 goes well, and if I can do some 20-30 mile days in the high country then I may try to reach a goal in 2015 that I left 15+ years ago. I have been thinking about it lately as I continue to get stronger. I finished the Wasatch 100 mile race nine (9) times in the 80s & 90s. It's possible to walk this race under the 36 hour time limit as others have done so. I have no goal of running again...it's been too long, and I enjoy brisk walking and hiking. I would love to get #10 and the ring that goes with it. But, if not I'll be satisfied with what I can do now and maybe a little more. I'll try to keep you posted.
 
My goal to to walk a 5K with @RunA42K, make t- shirts about knee replacements, revisions, and show people there IS life after a setback ! Moving forward, my doctor released me today 10 days after my gall bladder surgery! I am ready to start back to a full schedule in training w Abby!:happydance: I live in another town from the dr. And I thought the appointment was today! It was supposed to be next week, as I found out, but he saw me anyway! :yahoo: Keep us posted @trailspud! I am so excited about living life again, and forgetting that I have new knees! Life is wonderful, and you will get there!:friends:
 
@RestAssured
I didn't realize you had a recent surgery. I am on this forum in a somewhat sporadic manner. Glad you got such a quick doctor's release. I'm sure you will be up to 5k on no time.
 
@RestAssured @RunA42K I would love to join in on that walk and would like to help spread the word that there is a great life after knee replacement. Dorothy
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite 11 months out from #2 (LTKR):
I'm getting more bend gradually in the left knee. I just might be close to where it was at 6 weeks shortly before I overused it too soon, probably combined with an Rx w/connective tissue complications, and sort of ruined last summer.

At the end of a gym workout today, I got the seat on the spin bike an inch lower than a few weeks back. I think I may be around 115 so I'm hoping to see 120 sometime soon. I have not got up to the mountains for much snow fun, and I have just started to do more walking outside...but, making speed/distance improvements. I'm definitely looking forward to spring hiking.

Cheers to all.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom