Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

I agree. Waiting is the worst, especially when you are in pain. The sooner you can do it, the closer you will be to feeling better. Hang in there.
 
@Celle Of course you're right. Its hard to see the positive side when I haven't experienced any of them with this TKR. I can see over and over again though the many people on the forum doing much better afterwards.
 
Have you tried an inversion pillow? I just had a knee revision on 12/28/15 and everyone can't believe how great my knee looks. Hardly any swelling and it helps so you can sleep in your own bed. You can get one at bed bath and beyond for $30.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Celle do you remember or know of the lady who had a revision not long ago who had a wonderful revision recovery? I remember reading it, it was her 3rd type of TKR (I think) and she was so pleased and amazed at her easy ROM and recovery in general.
 
Hi Marian, hope you can get your appt moved up. Feb 24th is a long time to have to wait. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Try to stay strong & think positive .
 
@KarriB You may be thinking of Bonnie, aka @RunA42K , she is doing great after her 2nd revision due to metal allergy.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A dear friend had a child who was born severely disabled. So many things wrong that she became a fixture at the world renowned children's hospital. Her husband asked "why me?" while she asked "why not me, who else?. We're strong, capable, financially secure, emotionally solid - who else would God give this gift?". The couple didn't make it, divorced before the child was 2. The child just turned 21 and is beautiful (and still challenged). All that to say, not everyone can stay strong in the face of adversity. Those who endure the hardships head on get some great lessons in love along the way. You have proven strong, Marian, and as hard as this seems now it will likely be a blip on your radar when you're recovering from the revision in brilliant fashion. I hold a future space in the universe for you to walk with me through Philly when neither of us has to consider the pre-surgery trifecta ==> "how far do we have to walk, how long do we have to stand, is there a place to sit".... and so it is.
 
@Celle do you remember or know of the lady who had a revision not long ago who had a wonderful revision recovery? I remember reading it, it was her 3rd type of TKR (I think) and she was so pleased and amazed at her easy ROM and recovery in general.
@KarriB I wish I could remember. I'll ask the other staff if they can remember who it was. I remember that she was a nurse, like Marian, and that she was also hesitant initially about having the revision.
 
@Celle do you remember or know of the lady who had a revision not long ago who had a wonderful revision recovery? I remember reading it, it was her 3rd type of TKR (I think) and she was so pleased and amazed at her easy ROM and recovery in general.
@KarriB Yep, that is me Bonnie! 11 weeks post op today. Started riding a bike at 8 weeks post op and have ROM at 120 in 7 weeks time. Metal allergy was what had been doing me in, and its all so much better now. I actually feel normal again. Even my tibia rarely hurts where they have had to chisel out the implants twice. Feel free to ask me any questions, I check in all the time and check for alerts...just like today, I had one so here I am. I am actually seeing my surgeon tomorrow, a check up and I am excited because he said he'd be happy if I could get to 110 with all my surgeries so I'm excited to show him 120!! @Celle did you really forget about me already?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No, Bonnie, ( @RunA42K ) I didn't forget about you at all! How could I ever do that?
I was thinking of someone else, who only had one revision, although Karri could well have been thinking of you.

Thank you for chiming in, though. :friends: Your experience and your persistence are a shining example.
((((((((((Bonnie))))))))))
 
It was @RunA42K whose thread I read. I thought it would be helpful for @newlybionic to see what a great recovery from revision she's had. Thanks for popping in, Bonnie! I'm so happy to hear things are still going wonderfully!
 
@donna s I'm not quite sure what an inversion pillow is. When I searched for item in Bed Bath and Beyond it showed me car seats for babies!

Thanks to everyone for all your positive thoughts and help. I've now read through a couple of revision threads. It is nice to hear that everything can work out for my revision . I tried to move up my appt with the OS but he is now booked well into March. I'm away at a class for work next week. At least I won't be on my feet all day. I will take my cane because I've been limping quite a bit lately and it takes a lot of effort and pain to stand up. At least both my knees (new and old) are still strong enough to hold my weight. I really look forward to becoming more physically active again so I can lose some weight.
 
Hi Marian, isn't the support and encouragement from everyone wonderful? This group is such a huge blessing.
I think the "why me" is a natural human response, please don't beat yourself up about it. I even thought "why me?" when I learned I needed both knees done and oh the anger I had over losing my quality of day to day living. Think of the phases of grief and loss and you are most likely going through that and on YOUR own time table. Please do come here and voice your feelings but if you feel the blues are persisting think about talking to a counselor to help you deal with the chronic pain. I was referred to a therapist after trying to deal with the diagnosis of fibromyalgia by myself and it helped immensely.
I believe your thread will be so helpful and an inspiration to others that have to go through a revision because you are so strong.
My daughter has 2 special needs children and I haven't heard her say "why me" but I know she thinks it. I often tell her that those 2 kids needed a very special mother and God looked down and knew she would be perfect for them and she is!
Before you knew you needed a revision you blew me away with your determination and strength when you returned to work!!! I was amazed, don't think I could of done it.
(((Hugs))) :flwrysmile:
 
@Glamg1979 Since I've dealt with major depression for quite some time I have a counselor I see several times a month and a psychiatrist that I can text whenever I need something or have a question. I usually see her monthly. They both continue to be a big help to me. Between my friends here and my professionals I do have a wonderful support system. I try not to burden my daughters as I want them to have their own lives but I know all I need to do is ask and they would all come running as would my two sons-in-law. I also have a wonderful younger sister too. I know I can get through this. I will talk to my boss in two weeks about the timing of the surgery. He's away this week and I'm away next week. That way I may be able to schedule my surgery at the end of March if possible.
 
That's great Marian! Sounds as if you have a wonderful support system. I hate dealing with my bouts of depression but like you I have family and professional support and I jump on it quickly.
 
Anyone would feel down over needing a revision, but you have extra depression challenges @newlybionic . It's good to know you have a support system for it. And we're here for you in "knee world." :)
 
:snow dig::snow plough::snow dig::snow dig::snow dig:

I guess that says it all!!! The ski resorts are happy tonight! I don't have a sidewalk to shovel and I don't bother to do the walkway since I don't get mail delivery either. I have someone plow our my driveway. My garage is part of my house so I'm good to go! I have an AWD crossover so it does well in the snow. I have to leave tomorrow afternoon for my week class for work. Of course I still haven't packed yet!
 
Marian, I hope you have a safe trip to your class and can find some enjoyment in it. When will your daughter know more?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom