THR Tomorrow is the big day check in time 7:45 AM Nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Happy entry into recovery! A big Praise to our Lord for sheltering you through safely!
Keep us posted as you go along. :happydance:
 
Nice report. Just remember to take it slow and let GOD work on healing your body.
 
Congratulations on having the surgery behind you!!! Now the healing can begin, and it WILL. I had both hips replaced, four months apart, and am 46, close to your age, so I feel we are going through a similar experience. Will be interested to hear your updates. Hope you have a good night and a great tomorrow!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tomorrow is the big day check in time 7:45 AM  Nervous
@jebrig3164, you are now an
[Bonesmart.org] Tomorrow is the big day check in time 7:45 AM  Nervous
! Welcome to the "other side" and the wonderful world of recovery. Sounds as if you're off to a great start.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Jeff, it is so good to hear from you. Been praying off and on through the day. Keep your eyes on our Lord! Remember how He has been faithful over the years. He is still with you and will get you through the days ahead. This time next week, you will see an incredible improvement. I'm continuing to pray for you.
 
Very tired the nurses are busy in and out so far so good I'm very humble
 
Jeff,
So happy to get home and see your post. Looking forward to following your recovery story - God Bless.
Joyce
 
Sleeping off and on . I stood up yesterday with walker and was told to put my foot all the way down flat by PT. I put full weight and walked a couple steeps to my surprise no bone on bone paine and it helped balanced out my other bad hip wow!!!!! I have no restrictions at all!!!!!
 
Congratulations @jebrig3164, You have arrived!

Take all the time you need to build up your strength, your job right now is to relax and recover.
 
YAY! Aren't you glad you are done? Sleep well tonight. Do you know when you can go home yet? I was in only two nights with first hip.

Keepng you in my prayers.

Peace and love to you.
 
Congrats. Keep us updated on your progress.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
Had surgery yesterday so day 1 .Today I will do the bathroom and toilet and getting dress . I live alone so don't know when I will be going home. I'm pleased with the surgery so far. But that anesthesia wow I woke up ruff and dreamy. The pain is 0 but I keep taking my meds on time. Do you think I need to ice ? I also didn't get a cathler....
 
Thay took my catheter out right in recovery so I never felt it.
Ice is about swelling so I'm guedsing you DO need it even if pain is zero. (I have not felt pain at zero yet. Not once.)
Keep the meds up, keep the spirits up.
Day 2 after was the worst for me but that doesn't mean it will be for you. God luck today and keep us posted. I'm going back to sleep!


Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
I was just automatically given ice - and after every PT session for sure. I find it helps with swelling as well as pain. Glad the meds are doing their job for you and hope to hear you walking around soon!
 
hi @jebrig3164 terrific news. seems like only yesterday I was saying the same things. :yes!: it does just keep on getting easier, for most of us. glad to hear you're doing so well.
 
Ice, Ice, Ice! As long as you have a towel between the ice bag and hip, it will do no harm and only help. Keep icing for at least the next 7 days. Longer, if needed for comfort. And take pain meds by the clock, at least for next week. Every 4-6 hours. You have nothing to loose, and only healing to gain. So glad the pain is next to nothing, but they often inject surgical site with pain killer during surgery. Unfortunately you may begin to feel pain in a day or two, but it is not too bad, especially if you take your pain meds.
Go, Jeff, go! You remain in my prayers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom