Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR September 10

@CAB i am amazed with the connections I’ve made throughout the World! It’s very uplifting. Especially my Australian girls ❤️

I am supervisor of an urgent care clinic and I also am a radiographer. It’s funny because when I get XR’s done I position myself! Makes for an easy XR! Haha And I have wheely chairs that I will be using today. Kinda anxious about going back to work because it feels like I’ve been gone forever! Hope I remember my work passwords. Too funny!

Love the convertable story! Muggy sub tropical Florida in the summer. But I do love our winters and we have a cold front moving through this week. Highs in thev70’s and 50’s at night Wooooo hoooo

All right....off to my first day back in the world :dancy:

Melanie
 
Wishing you a great first day back! Let us know how it goes. Sometimes that first day back is a challenge. A new knee can be temperamental in the early days.
 
Great that your new knee held up today! 11 hours is a long time this soon after your surgery, but your knee did it!
 
@flsungirl , figured a lot of leg tendon etc getting stretch........sooooo saw a comment on a thread somewhere about heel risers.

I have found if i walk a little tip toe on good leg the pull is not so great.

Got to work this morning and cut up a mouse pad/mat and made my own heel riser -did about 4 layers for work shoe an used blu tack to keep it in place...so far is helping .:idea:

Sounds like you 1st was OK...hope all is well for you to get up and do it all over again...long hour's, hope it helps knock you put tonight :sleeep:
 
Slept like a bear in hibernation last night :rotfl: Woke up a little stiff but expected that much. I work 11 hours today and 1/2 day tomorrow and that should be enough work for the first week back!

I forgot to mention at my appointment the other day...the PA recommended I take my supplements like magnesium and vitamin D at night before bed. She told me magnesium stimulates melatonin production which help with sleep. I told her that makes sense...but...nothing was helping me sleep those few weeks after surgery.

Oh yeah, I thought our employee bathroom had handicap rails on the wall. It does not! So I had to get off the toilet all by myself! Victory :giggle: Yes...it’s the small things that make me happy
 
@flsungirl :wowspring:
Congratulations on a successful return to work! And such a long shift, too. I’m in awe that you put in 11 hours. Plus getting ready and getting there and getting home. I cannot imagine doing that myself.
 
Last December we paid extra in a hotel for a handicap room and the bathroom had a low toilet and a bar on the wall. Only adding a bar to a low toilet does not make it handicap! I was so mad. We even specifically asked when we reserved the room and were assured it had the high one.

Our bowling alley has the same set up. :blackcloud:

Handicap means, higher toilet AND a bar.

Good thing I had my portable raised seat with me when we traveled last December. It didn’t fit well on the elongated toilet but it was better than nothing.
 
Last edited:
@Jockette, can you post a picture of the portable raised seat? I don't think I've ever seen one.
 
Slept like a bear in hibernation last night
Love this analogy. ...how fantastic....its like winning the lottery:happydance:an worth going back to work....hope you pull up ok after day 2 :fingersx:
PA recommended I take my supplements like magnesium and vitamin D at night before bed.
Great reminder....i had been using magnesium oil on legs but not like the sticky feeling in bed........think I'll grab some tablets today. Pretty pleased in got 7 hrs last night :yes!:
 
@sistersinhim, [Bonesmart.org] TKR September 10

I tried this one before my revision for a week but found I was to short and it put too much pressure on my thigh/femur area. I also found it a bit unstable if I leaned to the right...scared to try it on opioids. We took it off and got the grab bars which work great to lift yourself down and up off the toilet!
 
Last edited:
I have that one, but it's not portable. I think the portable one would be great for travel or work.
 
Day 2. Only made it 10 1/2 hours today. Yes...I am tired! Lefty is still not liking all this activity after being out of commission for 2 months. I went to the pain clinic next door today, we help each other out, and got some diclofenac patches. That helped tremendously with lefty! Now get this half day over with tomorrow

Didn’t want to over do it today so used handicap potty with the bar!

@Kiwigirl62 glad your getting some solid sleep! Hope the magnesium tablets help.

Thanks my Bonesmart ladies for the uplifting comments. I am eternally grateful for every one of you. You’ve helped change this traumatic experience to a bit more bearable for this Florida girl!:loveshwr:

Melanie
 
Woo Hoo you got off the toilet without bars!:yahoo:
Ive done that once here at home...i celebrated up and down, others didnt get it. It was such a big thing for me, i even got a little teary while celebrating...i think they think im mad!
Im thankful for being retired, no work for me.
I bet you'll flop down after your half day today!
Kind thoughts coming your way
 
Great reminder....i had been using magnesium oil on legs but not like the sticky feeling in bed....
The oil is supposed to be best for you apparently you get more of it than in tab form, Im with you, the sticky feeling isnt great. I put it on my inner wrists now. Seems ok
 
@CAB thanks, I now lather oil on my feet at night (before sleep) then wear thin cotton socks- my feet always really cold even most summer nights.
@flsungirl sorry if we hijacking yr thread but i know both these subjects are of interest to you:whistle:
 
No worries! I love keeping up with everyone! I understand how getting up from the toilet by yourself makes you feel good! Glad someone else shares my enthusiasm!:heehee:

Whoo! I’m glad this work week is over. This girl is tired! I’m off work till next Monday. My knee is a little stiff so ice and elevation for the rest of the night. I do believe tomorrow will be an easy day for me. Next week it’s 3 eleven hour shifts and I’m sure that will kick my butt! My right upper thigh is a little sore from all the up and down I do at work. And still lefty is hating life! But since righty started sharing more of the burden hopefully that will ease up too.

Cold weather has arrived! We went from 88 degrees yesterday to a high of 66 tomorrow. I sleep much better when it’s cold. Finally windows open and AC is off! :yahoo:

Hope everyone has a great night! Recovery is getting better everyday

Melanie
 
:cheers: nice to have the first work week under your belt :happydance:and starting to feel there maybe is life after tkr. :yay:

Your night and my noon (fri day off)just went to pools for 45mins and thinking about an hours walk this arvo-pleasant sunny day of only 21 (70)

I'll do an ice 1st - good chance to catch other threads from other side of the globe
 
Melanie, just curious. I need my right knee replaced next, and am finding my new kneeis beginning to pass my right one when it comes to pain from walking. Do you need to have your left knee done in the near future too ,or is it just out of shape because of recovery?
 
Back
Top Bottom