Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR September 10

@flsungirl , we seem to be 2 peas in a pod at the moment, re hip an groins. Mine are both on tkr side. :console2:

I think hip is IT band issue and groin is abbductor strain. IT ban seems to be issue with many and i think my groin thing started when i drove.

You should see me and my arsenal when i ice -bit comical. :egypdance:

I have gel pads wrapped around front and back of knee, then i have a heated wheat pack lying over my groin and then also have a hand roller that I use to massage side of leg and hip. :rotfl:

Good stretch for my hip is lie on my back
raise hip affected leg straight in air
Then lower leg straight across body as far as I can to opposite side til I feel hip stretching (try not to let body roll)

Hope you get better sleep tonight -take drugs :sleeep:. It my daytime and off to a live music thing this arvo.....I'd better get a seat or I'll not last long:beg:
 
@NavyGunns ive had mine I think since the end of week 2. Certain times of the day it’s minimal but while I’m trying to sleep it’s a beast. I don’t like sleeping on my back but after tossing and turning last night I got a few hours sleep. I’m hoping it goes away because it’s been bothering me for weeks. My knee is tight off and on but most times bearable. I am on the hope train that nothing else presents...but we all know how that usually goes! Hehe
 
@Kiwigirl62 so grand to go hear live music ! You go girl!

Nothing I do seems to make the hip feel any differently. I’ve tried ice and heat. The heat used to work but not anymore. I do have a roller that works well on the back of my knee and upper thigh, it really eases the muscles. I’m curious to see what the doc says Monday at my appointment.

I was taking Advil PM but it didn’t work last night :gaah: So tonight it’s a toss up between Doxepin or gabapentin.

I will try that stretch if my hip will allow it. I’m just worried that I’ll aggravate it more and then it’ll be the super duper pain. :banghead:

Back to work next week for the both of us. Hopefully a good start to normal every day life....which I truly miss

Hope you had an enjoyable concert today!

Melanie
 
@flsungirl go for heavy duty drugs.......get some good sleep before you start work.
Re the hip stretch....just go gently to as far as you want to allow it -you can control it
 
I was never a back sleeper until this surgery. With both my legs elevated I’m quite comfortable all night on my back. Who knew!
 
Last edited:
@flsungirl hey you!
Sorry to hear your hip is still creeping you. Not cool when you have so much else that needs your attention.
Have you seen an RMT about it? May be surprised to see what they find and how to treat it.

Side note: how is the FLA weather treating you? Tan coming along? Lol
 
@traceys i was so happy seeing your post this morning! You have been missed:loveshwr:how are you Doing? You have been in my thoughts .

No Florida tan ! Hehe. :giggle: But I did get out and got my nails done. It was a little hard to get up from the dang chair after my mani, my unoperated knee was not cooperating. The new one was a little stiff but kicked into gear once I got my bearings. Laying on the table to get the eyebrows done started to get uncomfortable for both knees but thankfully it was quick.

So how the heck are you ? I know I said that earlier but I’m so happy that you’re back. I pray you’re not as down and am looking forward to hearing how you’re recovery is progressing. :flwrysmile:Welcome back my knee twin:friends:

Melanie :mooncat:
 
@Kiwigirl62. You are tooo funny! But great minds think alike! I took the big 300 mg of gabapentin last night and don’t think I moved all night! Plus the hip feels pretty darn good this morning. How was your concert?

@Jockette i was never a back sleeper either but after surgery that is my most comfortable position, with pillows under my knee. I sometimes try the left or right side but when I wake up I’m back on my back. Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks :dogsniff: I must be feeling better because my humor has returned!

Have a fabulous day ladies :SUNsmile:

Melanie :mooncat:
 
Could you have bursitis in your hip? I was plagued by that for weeks before TKR. Went to Pt pre op and it’s under control now.
Good luck at work!
 
@beachy thats a good question about bursitis. Today is the first day in weeks that I can barely feel the pull in my inner hip. Hopefully it’s on it’s way out! I see doc tomorrow and will ask him his thoughts. I am still going to get an XR when I go back to work on Thursday because I’ll have another rad tech, besides me, to do the XR.
 
Bursitis was a first time thing for me. Soon as OS touched the painful area I saw stars. Easy diagnosis LOL
 
I took the big 300 mg of gabapentin last night and don’t think I moved all night!
Oh yeah thats it.....pre this op I've never been a 'pill popper". Pkt of 12 panadol lasted me a year! But after that sleep deprivation period who cares if periodically you need a heavy duty.

Great news about hip - maybe you need few comotose nights not moving to rest it....still an xray will rule out any fears.

Concert was great...no ill effects with knee except maybe too many wines (meaning thought I'd miss the nightly panadol that relaxes legs at night. Which although slept ok had a bit tossing/ turning.
 
@Kiwigirl62 too much wine? Never heard of such a thing:snork: The joy of a normal outing probably did you a world of good.

I very rarely took anything either before surgery. I started taking Verapamil off label for my headaches caused from occipital neuralgia. In the beginning they knocked me out...like most drugs do! But that was temporary and I take before bed. I had left over 300 mg gabapentin from when I thought I had shingles last year. Turned out to be Flu B instead. Rather that than shingles! Very weird flu symptoms for sure. I remember taking when I couldn’t sleep during the insomnia phase and they made me sleepy but I couldn’t sleep.

I had some refills left for Voltaren gel and have been using it with pretty good results. I had to wait till incision was fully closed before I could use. Also still taking ibuprofen 800 after breakfast which helps me.

Off to doc tomorrow for work clearance. I think you start back tomorrow as well. Hope your day is magnificent!:friends:

Melanie
 
Well that was weird, i went to redo my post that disappeared...and here it is!!
Hi Melanie @flsungirl ive been reading through all your posts again. While i havent had hip pain. Ive been freezing cold for weeks, then just cold, could stand any breezes!Im thinking I'm a little warmer now:flwrysmile: with spring in the air.
I also had a big set back around the same time as you but mine was aself inflicted accident:headbang:.
So annoying to be doing so well then be struck down isnt it?
I got good feet neuropathy at hydro today. I thought lyrica was holding it!
Theses odd pains are a nuisance!:hissy:
 
Alrighty then...off to doc to get clearance back to work tomorrow! Today is the start of week 9! Feeling better every day :yes!:
 
@CAB it’s fall here in central Florida but woke up at 6:15 this morn to 80 degrees and humid! Gonna be a warm today but it looks like cooler weather will be here later this week. Thank goodness! I have been cold since after surgery, especially my feet! Super weird side effect

I still think your amazing to have 2 done at once. I was walking pretty well right after surgery without knee pain. I wasn’t prepared for everything that goes with the recovery. Saw my os this morning and back to work tomorrow! He’s concerned about the inner groin pain and I told him I’ll have XR’s done at work and send him the results. He stretched my whole right leg outward and I didn’t feel any muscle pull. But I still have lingering discomfort in that area. Curious what it might be...

I told him about Bonesmart when he asked when my turning point was because my last visit with him I was a mess! I couldn’t stop crying. Today was a totally different appointment. He was very supportive of outside support and was glad it helped me. He laughed when I told him about the PT threatening me with an MUA. We both agreed my knee is functioning so much better than before surgery.

Thanks for sharing your journey :loveshwr:
 
@flsungirl , great news for you! Back to work clearance, and finding out your OS was supportive of Bonesmart, and having a laugh about your PT! Win, Win, Win :wowspring::cheers:

Congratulations
 
@flsungirl , I'll be really interested in what yr xr say, you are lucky you can get in workplace rather than the palava of a booking somewhere.

I always say its who you know that makes the difference.:heehee:

Well was a successful day for knee back at work - its a rather big office so was able to get a bit of walking done. Main thing was by 3pm i was really tired:sleep: (not knee, just brain and focus). I do 8am -4pm.

So didn't really do exercises, although got an ice in - need to try to incorporate a few strength ones through the day-somehow.:chuckmarch:
Hope you do OK but from memory you are in a busy environment for a much longer shift.......maybe that'll put you comatose for a great sleep though:yay:
 
Just woke up from a delightful nap:sleep: . They will be missed!

@Kiwigirl62 is your hip in the inner groin area too? It’s still there but not anywhere near as painful as it was. :yes!:
I will let you know results. They’ll be sent out to be read Thursday and after I get them back I will post results if they see anything next week.

I have two 11 hour shifts and a 1/2 day this week at work. My concern is the getting up and down all day. Cross that bridge when I get to it! If it’s too much I’ll leave early. Hoping that doesn’t happen.

So happy you did so well at work today!:yay: Another Bonesmart SuperStar⭐️

Melanie

Forgot to tell you that I live very near Melbourne....Florida:giggle:
 
Ha two Aussies following your progress!
I hope those long days dont test you too much!
What is it that you do? Could you possibly slide a bit on a wheely chair instead of getting up and down?
We've been to Florida it was HOT and humid was summer! Husband booked a convertible...it was hysterical sooo hot with the roof down he put the aircon on!!:rofsign:
 
Back
Top Bottom