Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR September 10

I just cannot imagine going down backwards like you all like to do. It seems it would be so awkward and a fall hazard! :yikes:
 
Funny how the knees react to stairs ,and like others here going down was worse on my new knee than going up. At nearly 11 full weeks my new left knee has gotten to point where it doesn’t mind going up or down stairs ,but old right knee hates it. It’s bending the old knee going down that brings on the pain , and simply can’t support the weight. Not really excited about getting right knee done next April, but seeing how new knee is recovering and handling walking and stairs with no pain ,has me looking forward to getting it over and done with.
It’s great getting old ...Not.
 
My first full week back to work! My knees are aching because it’s been a busy week. I’m worried that lefty isn’t going to hold on much longer. It’s a different ache than the new knee...I’m thankful that lefty doesn’t have that same pain. I’m still getting breath taking zingers. They usually occur about an hour after I get home, anywhere from 5-10 quick stabbing sensations. Then they’re gone. But whoa! They’re strong! This morning is the first time it’s ever happened right before I got up. I’m happy that each week the knee is not ruling my life as much as the previous week. I’m looking forward to the day I forget about it for longer than a few hours! Still one day at a time and upward and onward!:yes!:
 
I hated those zingers! They could be so bad that I'd actually yell out. Sometimes my leg would even jerk. Now, that hurt the surgical pain!
 
My first full week back to work! My knees are aching because it’s been a busy week.
I so get you....same for me, zingers back this week and I am so shattered at night i sleep like the dead ......the only good thing about it......gosh wish i was retired, more time to care for the knee. Hope yr lefty keeps in line. I think I'll get about 6-7 yrs before mine gives up......I'm trying to look after it
Suzanne
 
I hope you can take it easy over the weekend. After I went back to work at week 12 I spent the weekends resting and elevating.
 
@Kiwigirl62 my first 2 weeks back to work I slept like the dead too! I was really tired the first weekend and second weekend not as much. @KarriB the first 2 weeks after starting back at work my weekends were spent the same way. @sistersinhim my zingers come with sound effects! Hahahaha especially the first one when it sneaks up on me :flabber:

The last few days I’ve noticed that the bottom of my right foot falls asleep if I stay in one position too long. It’s the same area on my foot that caused problems for week 2-6. It resolves after I start moving again but very irritating! And this morning the band returned for a bit in my middle knee. Haven’t had the tightness there in awhile. It’s gone now but it surprised me by returning again. I’m not sure when it left but it just dawned on me it was gone:chuckmarch: until this morning. Here today...gone later in the day!

This has nothing to do with recovery but good gosh this year flew by:froggies:. The older I get the faster it goes. Hope everyone is healing and getting to the thankful part of life with the new knee. :meow:
 
Last edited:
I don’t think I will ever try it. :bolt:
It sounds too scary!!
 
Woohoo @flsungirl :wowspring:

Look at you go! So inspiring!! I can picture your zingers with sound effects :rotfl:
Sleep must be amazing after those long days.

Love reading your updates. Keep ‘em coming!
 
Beginning of week 12 and a huge difference! Lefty is adjusting nicely since righty has been handling business rather well :yes!: still not attempting down steps. Don’t want to mess up a good thing! Ahhhh...seems like only yesterday I was wondering why I did this thing called knee replacement surgery. It really does get better. Who thought that would EVER come out of my mouth?:happydance:
 
@flsungirl, glad to hear! Wait till you are 6 months! Then you will be asking “why am I waiting to get the other knee done? It’s holding me back”. I’m one of the lucky ones in that my right knee is “like that of someone half my age” according to my OS. Expecting to never have issues with it unless I suffer an injury like I did with my left knee. Of course that one took 40 years to get me to where I am now.
 
@flsungirl yeeehaw!! I’m 12 weeks today too!! After celebrating my return to work and making it through four 10-15 hr shifts in the last 10 days, I’m starting to feel the effects today.
But hey :loveshwr:we made it to 12 weeks!!! And oh what an improvement from those 1st 6 weeks!!
Hope you can relax this weekend?
 
@andpeaches you go girl!:santaclap:each week gets better and better. Haven’t had a zinger in a few days! Still get lateral knee pain off and on towards the end of each day. Plus that tight band pops up anterior knee once in awhile too. I bought a recumbent bike and have only used twice...I’m just tired on the weekends still. Not as tired as when I started back at work....but tired and achey. I got promoted at work to oversee all our clinics for radiation control and quality. :yes!:Those new duties start on the 16th so more hours for me!

The one thing I still have, not all the time, is that sharp pain like shin splints. I think before knee surgery that was what caused the most pain. It happens at night while I’m in bed. I’m hoping that goes away forever one day.

Knee surgery...the epic journey...is still alive and well! Each week gets better though. Here’s to week 13 coming up! Hope everyone is doing well :tree2;:candle::tree:

Melanie...almost 13 weeks post op!
 
Back
Top Bottom