TKR TKR September 10

@flsungirl hi well sleep not happening to much tonight....haha. been asleep for 2 hrs and after a loo break and being to hot now replying to you at midnight here.

Knee gets a little achy in middle of night, but thinks its from me now been able to move it around in my sleep, plus the butt/hip needs a bit of stretching.....but no complaints really as pleased to date how it has handled the last week. :dancy:

Just put a tube grip on it for sleeping, and thought I'd troll the library topics. ....bit nerdy but good nightime reading.

We started daylight saving here a month ago so getting used to it now. We're definitely on similar timelines. I go back to work on 12 Nov (post op 7.5 weeks).

I'm planning on hitting the pool in a couple days to test swimming. :swim: Preop swimming used to make my knee feel amazing

But work is cruisy, desk job but can walk the offices as much as needed to stop stiffness. Hmmm hope those are not famous last words. :yahoo:
 
@Kiwigirl62 you read my mind! I was wondering what time it was over there. It’s a little after 8 in the morning here.

I still wake up at night but so far can go back to sleep. But we all know that’s subject to change! I dipped my toes in the pool yesterday and I’m just not brave enough to get in, it seems chilly to me. I have been wanting to join a gym but was afraid my knees would inhibit a lot of the workouts. Maybe after I start work I’ll consider a trial run to see how it goes.

My orthopedic doctor visit is November 12 so I will be back at work the following day. I work as an XR tech and am office supervisor at a busy clinic. Plus with cold and flu season it can get crazy. We just started opening at 8 in the morning and close 7 at night. I’ll be working Monday through Wednesday full days and half day on Thursday. I plan on taking my ice wraps with me. So we are on the same timeframe for work.

Well..hope you get some sleep...and a nap! I still take a nap some days. My body just says that’s enough and I’m dozing!
 
I'm right at the same time frame flsungirl. I had my ltkr revision on 9/6/18 except I can't go back to work yet. I drive a semi for a living. I too have not gone to pt as every time I do I hurt for 2 days after. My rom is 135 and extension 0 but the pt kept pushing to get it farther. I live up here in the villages, fl so the time change is kinda driving me crazy. Used to be able to walk after dinner now its too dark.
 
@flsungirl i can feel my eyes tiring after 30mins so think its just blip on the radar tonight. Re swimming I'm just going to a casual session at the indoor heated pool down the road.

We've just started out summer here so weather is warming nicely.

On a side note, i postponed my op from earlier in year because i had a trip booked to some of your southern states in late May....texas and lousianna....never quite made it to florida.....but was blown away by the hospitality and friendliness of everyone i meet in USA
 
@Camsmimi my PT was going well until almost 2 weeks ago. It’s taken me a long time to recoup after he pushed my leg backward...twice! Finally feeling better and getting back to daily life. If it wasn’t for this forum, I would have went back because I wouldn’t have known any better. Thankfully I am following their advice. I didn’t go back to PT and know I’d be in worse shape if I would have. I was walking a mile twice a day before that last session. I was unable to walk down the driveway after! I know to listen to my knee... my flexion is about 20-25 degrees better than my left knee and extension has been at 0 for some time. I need the left knee done but am waiting until it’s unbearable. As of now it just doesn’t bend as far as my newbie. Not painful though.

I want another cold front to come through! I think we’re in for a warm winter. :groan:I’m good with 70’s, had enough of the 90’s. Have a wonderful day!
 
Bite your tongue! LOL
Having lived in MD you know how brutal our winters can be. I would like nothing better than to have 90* weather now. That’s why we’re going to fla next winter. Throwing in the towel.
70• is perfect I have to admit.
Enjoy!
 
When I went to pt the last time the pt lady said she was going to manipulate my leg, I walked out. Told her no one was goung to move my leg but me. Haven't been back since. I too would like a cold front its supposed to be in the 80s here today
 
I need the left knee done but am waiting until it’s unbearable.
I think you're very wise to wait! Speaking from personal experience, it has been very hard to have the second knee done before the first knee could be relied upon as the "good" knee.

Happy for you that you've recovered from the PT pushes. Sounds like you're doing great!
 
Well today i got out and about. I went and got my nails done, eyebrows too! Did some errands and feeling super accomplished :yahoo: I see THE LIGHT! It feels so good to be doing normal things.:egypdance: Now I need to worry about getting this hair done...it’s a mess. I forgot how much gray I had. We’ll save that long process for another day, hahah!

I was going to stop by work and get my flu shot and an XR of my hip but decided to do that on another day.

My left knee has been acting up today. I was wondering how long it would be before it reminded me that it’s in bad shape too. I will cross that bridge when I need too. For now I’m enjoying my new knee
 
I’m hoping last night was just a fluke. I’ll be starting 9 weeks on Monday and I had difficulty sleeping last night. It was my right hip that kept me from getting comfy. I couldn’t lay on either side for too long because right side made my outer hip hurt and left side made left inner groin area ache. My knee was having the zingers that take your breath away. Still feeling a slight bit of pull in left groin area this morning and I’m lethargic. Me thinks it’s going to be a lazy Saturday with a nap...hopefully :mcoffee:
 
I had a groin issue for a while but I didn’t do anything about it and it went away. I don’t remember how far post op I was or how long it lasted. All I know is that it’s gone! :spin:

I hope you have a restful day and better sleep tonight.
 
@Jockette it started around week 2 or 3 along with the foot pain. The foot has resolved but this hip just doesn’t want to let go! Last night was the first time I’d had zingers in awhile too. I have my follow up on Monday and then back to work on Tuesday. Hoping my knee handles that first 11 hour shift. I’ll be working 2 full days then half day on Thursday. Time to recoup Friday-Sunday.

I do feel a nap on my schedule today!:sleep:

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday

Melanie :mooncat:
 
@Jockette I know it’s a lot but my short term disability was for 8 weeks. I believe I’m allowed 12 weeks but I didn’t know it took longer to recover until I found BS. I’ll be taking it easy next week at work and if I think I need to go home I will.

Oh joy! I’ll be doing this again next year! Unless for some reason lefty behaves. I’m sure that’s just wishful thinking though :yikes:
 
@flsungirl, I’m also dealing with a left groin issue along with the ITB tendinitis in my left knee. The groin issue seemed to flair up at around 12-16 weeks and has hung around since. It seems to be slowly getting better but is taking forever. I mainly feel it at night and when getting out of bed or up from sitting. Nothing bad, just aggravating.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom