Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR September 10

@Softtail my left knee needs to be replaced too. It’s actually worse radiographically compared to my right knee. But...my right knee used to cause me more pain. I still find myself putting more weight on the left knee when I stand or get up from a sitting position. Hoping that resolves as time passes. My right knee has been a little painful but it’s different from before. I probably will get lefty done around the same time next year if it can hold out that long. Is your new knee experiencing the same pain as before surgery? We’re still really early in the healing process so we’re still not there yet.

@Kiwigirl62 yes! I’m glad this work week is over. I couldn’t have done a full week. There’s just no Way! I’ve had some shin pain in both legs from getting up and down. Glad to see you’re getting your pool time in:swim:
My pool is not going to see me anytime soon....it’s 52 degrees this morning! Brrrrrr. Back in the 70’s for awhile I hope! I’ve had enough of record temps! :walking:

:capn: Melanie
 
Melanie, my new knee has no pain 10 weeks out , and is so much better than before surgery. Couldn’t support my knee presurgery to get up a step , but no problem now. My therapist has a machine that can test the strength of my knees, and even though my left knee is more pain free than my right standing up, the quads and hammies in the right are stronger right now than new knee. Funny to see that on graph. That is probably why you put more weight on left standing ,cause it probably has stronger quads in it till right one heals and gets stronger.
 
Oh yes! My right front quad is a little sore! It’s actually a bit smaller than the left side :loll:I want to start back at the gym soon. Since I lost all that weight I’d like to keep it off. I’m definitely not getting any younger! Hahahahah

My appetite is slowly returning. Had a nice bowl of Bear Tracks ice cream the other night!...ice cream is my weakness :snork:

Maybe next year we’ll be getting our other knee done! Have a fabulous weekend! You’ll be in Florida before you know it!

Melanie
 
Want to be there ASAP cause looked out door this am and have a foot of snow to shovel . Hate this **** lol.
 
I’ll be in FL next winter unless I have righty done. I shudder at the thought of another TKR, but it’s as bad as the left was. We’re looking at a lot of different areas in Fl.
 
Well...beginning of week 10 and feeling pretty good. Last week at work kicked my butt! I was pretty much relaxing all weekend. Compared to the first day back at work last week, today is better. Hopefully this keeps up but I think by my third 11 hour shift on Wednesday....I’ll be done! :shocked: Methinks tomorrow I will try a few stairs!
 
I can’t imagine working the long hours on your feet at 10 weeks post op. There’s no way I could have! You did handle the first week well. :happydance:
 
@flsungirl great pull up over weekend, you'll get stronger each week.:yahoo:

Don't get too energetic too soon with stairs while beginning long shifts.

I did set of 15 stairs at work yesterday.....4 x in morning and 3 times in afternoon.
Knew niggle on medial side of knee. :oyvey: Not bad but wasnt there before. :bignono:

Decided maybe once a day 2 -3 times.:prayer:
 
I am so fortunate to have you! Thanks for the encouragement :loveshwr: “TheKnee” feels pretty good this morning :happydance:but....I think I’ll hold off on the steps until next week. I don’t want to revisit the ODIC :dancy: Lefty is still a problem child but doesn’t hurt as bad as last week. I think the recumbent bike is truly helping me. Have a fabulous day :SUNsmile:

Melanie
 
Have at those stairs, and see how your knee feels. Standing as much as you are, and getting thru the day, makes me bet on those stairs not being a problem. Of course that also depends on how bad your left is. For me my new knee at 10 weeks has no problem with stairs , but my right knee doesn’t like them too much. Hope to take care of that bad boy next spring. Sounds like things are going pretty good all in all.
 
Those STAIRS!! It’s reassuring to read how everyone is doing at 9-10 weeks out and how going up and down stairs is a real test. My TKR R knee still doesn’t like leading up the stairs but the Lefty makes the most amazing defiant crunching sound :shocked:as it has to take over for the R one. Poor Lefty is getting tired of Righty being weak! But we keep trudging on! Getting closer to the 12 week mark!!! I have all these expectations that I’ll see huge improvements by then. :yes!:
 
Do the stairs when you feel ready for them. It’s okay to test your knees to see where they are. You’ll know when they’re good to go for stairs. You can then pace your recovery to do stairs a couple times a shift at first, then after a week with no consequences you can add trips. Let your knees tell you how much stairs they are up to doing.

Stairs are great exercise, but if your knees aren’t quite ready for them stairs can also cause more pain and swelling. So balance what you want to do against what your knees can do, and you will get there without setbacks.
 
Well lefty is screaming at me after that 10 hour shift! He really needs to get over himself cause righty is picking up the Pace! :rotfl: But all in all a successful 2cnd week at work.

The stairs taunted me today but that’s a firm negative for that hurdle. Not quite ready plus it’s 2 flights. Nope! I’ve been using diclofenac cream on righty when I come home and that takes some pain away. Please I need it to hold up until next year!:whistle: Surgery still to fresh in this girls mind to do it again so soon But hey...my deductible will be met next year too! Hahahahah

Ewwww those crunching sounds! @andpeaches Come on 12 weeks already!

We might be getting those defiant knees fixed next year! Another journey for another year!

Tomorrow is my last 11 hour shift then next week I’m back for 3 of them plus a half day. Supposed to come in every other Friday to supervise my weekend crew but I think I’ll hold off until December to try forv4 days. :yes:

Until tomorrow...have a great night everyone :loveshwr:
 
Oh yea sooo agree. ...sitting at lunch break and icing (2nd time at work today:headbang:
Leaving next attempt til next week and will really tone it down...
Forget 2x 4 sets daily. ....what on earth was i thinking:blackcloud:
Will try once up and once down....maybe
Hope yr lefty pulls into line:chuckmarch:
 
Back
Top Bottom