Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR September 10

@flsungirl, it is great to see you take charge! You own your recovery, you know your knee and body better than anyone else. Don’t let them tell you anything you don’t believe. When in doubt, ask and ask again.

Keep up the good work and great attitude. I guarantee, life is great down the road as healing progresses!
 
I got tired of being laid out for three days in the bed after every PT session so last week which for me was week 7 was first time I skipped and I felt good all weekend. The first weekend since surgery that this happened. Yesterday I called up the office and cancelled all future PT sessions. The therapist wanted to do the knee push last time I was there and in a very guarded way I let her but she was requesting I wear shorts next time so she could work on it. Nope. Not happenin'!

We have a lot in common so I enjoyed your thread!
(I'm 8 wks. Hip pain. & oops?? Something else..lol. Oh well. )
HANG IN THERE! :loveshwr:
 
Flsungirl. Noticed you are in Palm Bay Area. We winter in Jensen Beach, and with bad weather fast approaching here in upstate NY , looking forward to that sweet Florida sunshine. Unfortunately wife won’t leave till after Christmas so will have to wait a bit longer. Just hope I don’t have to shovel any snow before We leave ,but that’s probably just wishful thinking lol.
 
@cherterr :heehee: I think I know what the oops is! And I have that as well off and on along with the hip pain. It seems better today so hopefully it will be gone soon. It’s amazing that stopping PT actually helps you heal. My knee is still not back to where it was before last week, but improving a little more each day. I can feel the swelling in the middle of the knee internally. There’s pain there too, and the occasional clicking. The clicking sound weirds me out! Keep on listening to that knee! I look forward to continuing your journey with you. Have a great day!

@Softtail it seems you’re having warm weather up there! But a fast approaching storm front too. It’s going to be hot here...again. I was hoping fall had finally arrived but it’s not. I think we’re in for a warm winter down here. Hope you get down here with minimal snow shoveling before you do!its always so nice leaving nasty weather to get down here to Florida. Jensen Beach is gorgeous! The Florida sunshine should do you good!

@traceys how are you doing today? I like having multiple “knee family members “. :rotfl: Hard to believe it’s almost 2 months since the surgery. I’m ready for it to be Over! I had to take a sleep aid last night because I was tossing and turning all week. Slept like a baby and my knee feels better for it! It’s going to be upper 80’s here today so the AC will be back on. Darn! :tantrum2: Take care my knee twin :console2:
 
Last edited:
Hey @flsungirl
Slept ok once I got there. Got about 5 hours. Ya it’s amaxing the connections you can make on here. Blessed for every one of them!
 
Well, tomorrow starts week 8 post op. I’ve finally been able to walk further and resume some exercises since that last PT session almost 2 weeks ago. I’m still frustrated, no angry, that it set me back this far! I am a prime example of aggressive PT. I have not been back nor will I go back to PT. I left a message with the orthopedic doc about not resuming PT. My next follow up is November 12.

Finally this morning I actually stepped out of bed with my right leg and no pain! My hip seems to be better which was another area that was affected by stretching at PT. I do have tightness anterior knee that resolves after I’m up and about. I’m also sleeping again, which was messed up also due to pain after PT. And...it seems my appetite has returned! I’m keeping it in check, except for the ice cream last night:snork:, because I don’t want to gain those pounds back!


I hope everyone has a glorious Sunday :roseshwr:
 
I’m so glad you’re feeling better.

Time (and backing off PT) are working.

Why can’t doctors see that time and gentle treatment does more for this recovery than PT and exercises?
 
Sounds like the pt session really set you back. So far the only set backs I have had are just some added soreness for a day or so like yesterday , which I took off, where knee was a bit sore from it’s first trip on the treadmill for 20 minutes on Friday. Sunday morning feels fairly good so will do my home exercises this am. Seeing my OS Monday morning for 8 week checkup to see how he thinks knee is progressing, and weather he thinks there is any need for continuing PT at outpatient clinic. When do you see your OS again Flsungirl?
 
@Jockette thanks so much! It’s still not back to where it was before that last PT, but finally seeing progress.

@Softtail I see him next Monday. Not sure where flexion is, but a lot further than my left knee! I had minimal clicking before last PT but more prominent now, sometimes left side, then right side, then sometimes it feels like my knee cap is catching. Hopefully this will continue to lessen with time. Good luck at your 8 week recovery visit! Unfortunately, the cool weather from yesterday has left us! Warm and muggy down here today!

Also, i think I might pop in to work today and get an XR of my right hip. I’m hoping that doesn’t need to be replaced...yet! Here’s to another day to a better life with out pain! :yes!:

Melanie
 
You mentioned hips ouch. I believe that is in my future , but I hope I can hold off till both knees are done and functional, and then a year or two after that. Sure sucks to get old .
 
My hip has been the constant with symptoms from pain, to tingling, to numbness. It’s aLmost a pulling sensation. When the PT had me do a stretching exercise last time it felt more like nerve pain as opposed to muscle pain. It’s just weird. My left knee is actually worse radiographically but caused less pain. So I got right knee done first. One day I’ll do the left knee, but that’s way down the road. This recovery has been tough. But knowing what I now know, I’m hoping it’ll be easier mentally next time. I’ve not had to use a walker or crutches since surgery. I had minimal external bruising too. It was everything that goes with recovery that was hard on me, especially insomnia when I had it over a month and the depression. That’s gone now...thankfully! Enjoy your Sunday!
 
@flsungirl, got to treat yourself to ice cream now and then. Just in moderation!

Regarding your hip pain, I also had issues with hip and low back, especially during my sleepless weeks. For years I’ve gone to a chiropractor once a month for maintenance adjustments. Had to curtail them immediately following PKR. Once I was able to go back, my issues gradually went away. If you’ve never tried it, consider doing so.
 
@NavyGunns oh how I missed ice cream! And fortunately in my house, it doesn’t last long! :heehee:

My hip feels pretty good today. I honestly believe there was a nerve pinched somewhere because it wasn’t muscular. My knee is still not as good as it was pre PT horror, but it feels better every day. I’m able to walk without pain again and I’m thankful for that. Still have that band in the middle of my knee off and on but not unbearable.

Thanks for the suggestion for a chiropractor. I might look into that if my hip acts up again. Have a wonderful week!
 
@flsungirl so glad your back on track although imagine so frustrating being 10 days or out of action.
My hip has just started to act up (on tkr side)an i also feel its definately ligament/tendon issues -drives me nuts at the moment. I have been doing a lot of walking (have a niece visiting from NZ....i am so over shopping). Tried to limit it to 2 dsys on 1 day off...but up to around 5-6 kms a day......slept like a log and leg muscles ached. Knee has behaved but shes just left so looking forward to 6 ground hog days before i start work
 
@Kiwigirl62 it truly feels good reading that you’re doing so well :loveshwr: sorry to hear about the hip issue. At first I thought it was muscle, but I’m with you on the tendon/ ligament thoughts. Mine continues to get better and it’s not numb or asleep anymore. Just that slight pulling feeling when I move.

Woo hooo with all that shopping! I think the bad days are behind us....finally! And glorious sleep is back for us! Although this stupid Daylight Saving Time has me a bit off.

it’s hard to believe that today starts week 8 for me,:wowspring: then back to work next Tuesday. I’m ready for some normalcy in my life! When do you go back to work?

We’re on the Way Up!:cheers: Have a fabulous day!

Melanie
 
@Jockette i don’t like it getting dark so early. I totally agree with sticking with one time frame! Be safe up there...I see on the news that bad weather is on the way.
 
Back
Top Bottom