Bilateral TKR tjcteacher's recovery thread<

FINALLY! Back in the US and this morning my knees/legs are back to "normal" and not swollen. Flying International does not do a body good! The coming weeks are devoted to easing back to work :) Enjoy the weekend friends.
 
I am so so grateful that I had 3 months to heal from my knees before going back to work! I don't want a super-human story! To get the 3 months I just had to take off the month of May-June and July there was no school-Education job. I just don't know how some of you do it!
 
Grateful for new knees. Friday was a work day and I can honestly say I didn't think much about my knees.
They are amazing! Know when I have to work with students on Wednesday might something else!:what:
I love my new knees!!!:loveshwr:
 
First day with kids all day-Lessons I learned today? Standing and walking all day = achey knees AND take your tylenol when your phone alarm goes off; don't forget :(
 
Oh, boy! I know what it's like to be caught up in something at school and ignore/forget about alarms. I hope the knee isn't too sore, but I bet you sleep great tonight!
 
Wow, you survived a trip to Ireland after bilateral knees, and have returned to work now. What a trouper. Remember your Tylenol. Congrats to your new knees.
 
oh dear! Day two even more achey since they didn't recover from the day before.
If this heat wave goes away I think maybe support hose may be necessary!
 
Try and ice all night if you can. I'm on my feet all day and find that's the only way I can't get through the days of work and be ready for the next one.
 
Yes, after a day of teaching I planted myself down with ice packs. I found that the quickest way to get the swelling down was to lay at the halfway point of my sofa, put my legs up on the sofa arms sometimes with pillows under my legs and ice packs on top. My toes were above my nose! I didn't do this early on, but around the 2-3 months when I was more active it really helped swelling.
 
@tjcteacher I totally agree, going back to work is painful in so many ways...I'm on my second week back to work and it was a little better! I hope you feel better soon:flwrysmile:
 
If I can sit (like I'm supposed to on my job) I think I'm ok. But the past 2 days they've had me doing front office work. They need last year's state testing scores to go out today, and I had to stand for hours to get it sorted and stapled. Two sets for each of 800 plus students. Wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't gone up to the next grade and gotten new homeroom teachers! And they can now choose from 5 high schools, so last year's 8th graders were a real hassle looking up what school they chose. But it's now done, and I can hopefully have a more restful day today. Hope all you teachers have a better day with standing too. At least I didn't have to do the new 6th graders! Don't think I would've gotten it done in time if they'd been included. Have a good and restful weekend!
 
Soooooo grateful for the weekend and I hope it rains all weekend so I can sit in this recliner with ice. Came home planning to ice and my ice packs where not in the freezer :( boo-hiss! Don't like this pain:tantrum:
 
I hope you can get your packs ready to go tonight. I actually bought a few extra ones before I got my ice machine for my revision. I have enough for 6 knees!:heehee:
 
I am freezing these-I have 4 and am going buy some more to take to school during the week. I tried big ziplock bags of ice today and had water everywhere :)
 
We are twins, I'm doing the same thing, my knee feels tight, I think I over did it, a bit, over the weekend :swoon:

I have three ice packs at work that I use throughout the day!!
 
Back
Top Bottom