Bilateral TKR tjcteacher's recovery thread<

This hot, humid weather has drained me, too, even though I'm in the house under a/c. Crazy.
 
You have the rain and we have the 90's with high humidity. Send some of that rain over here and I'll send you some of this heat!
 
Only you all understand!

I am super achey tonight! I've just been really active the last 3 days. My hubby is giving me no sympathy tonight. I would LOVE to take a bath to soak but I've not tried to get out of a tub since surgery yet.

He says you seem to be walking like you used to! Not are you ok?
BLAH! Going to take a pain pill tonight!
 
How come I have the heat, humidity and rain? :heehee:

There are days that I still walk stiff legged. I went out with my youngest last weekend and showed her how well I was walking and at full speed now. She told me I still wasn't walking right. :groan: I asked her if I was limping and she said no but that I wasn't walking smoothly?:oyvey: Not quite sure what that meant.

Take the pain pill! I did so I slept a little better that night.
 
Three days of activity in a row is too much! Give yourself a break and rest, ice....and take that pain pill and sleep!

Sometimes men just don't get it. All we ladies want is just a little TLC and sympathy.
 
I was super achy this afternoon too T! I don't know, it may still be this weather. I do know I've been more active the past few days- but this afternoon whenever I got up from my little 'breaks' I felt so sore. Like I had run a few really hard miles! I took my pain meds, something I only do now on an 'as-needed' basis. And I ended up taking a hot shower and it did help. When that raw pain leaves I think we sometimes forget what we went through just a number of weeks ago. Major MAJOR Surgery- LOL! I hope things get better for you soon!

[Bonesmart.org] tjcteacher's recovery thread<
 
I hope you are continuing to do well. I had a heck of a time getting out of the bathtub with just one knee done! I won't be getting a bath again for a while until the knee bends more, but that's ok because I prefer showers. *winks* I had an Epsom soak bath and probably won't have another until the other knee is done.
 
Wow! That is progress. I wouldn't dare trying to get up from sitting in a tub yet. I have gotten off the floor but it isn't worth the effort. You must love your bath!
 
@tjcteacher congrats on the swim. It sounds joyful. I eagerly look forward to swimming in a couple of weeks.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You are doing great! I'm amazed that after a BTKR you can do so much so soon. I'm very happy for you.:flwrysmile:
 
That is unbelievable. I'm stunned. Airport? Flying? Traveling? Amazing. At less than 3 months. Wow.
 
Exciting milestone tonight. I took my first bath since surgery and was able to get out of the tub all by myself!!!! (I've been taking showers) I love bathes.
That is AMAZING-!!! I only had one knee replaced and I honestly can't see me being able to get up out of a tub! But maybe one day I'll get the courage to give it a try!
Another awesome milestone today. We bought a pontoon at the beginning of the summer. I have not gotten in the water because I was afraid I could not climb the ladder to get back in the boat. But today I did it!!!!!!!!!
SOOO Happy For You Teresa!!!
 
Well still in Ireland. It's challenging to say the least but I'm hanging in there!!! Lots of swollen legs and feet. Not enough time to elevate = pain . Great food, sites, and company though.
 
Back
Top Bottom