TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't want to leave our children the mess I had when my mother died and I had to clean out 53 years worth of living from the house, barn, and 2 storage buildings.

You have to remember the time period that our parents grew up in. You didn't throw anything away that could be of some use. Especially if you were a farmer.

I went through that with my mother. I couldn't believe the amount of things she held on to. Especially after her mind started to go. Much of it was just thrown away. You wouldn't have known it by looking at the house. She kept a tidy home, she was just very good at storing everything out of sight.
 
@Celle, I have an appt this afternoon with my GP. Thank you.

Celle and @smarttoys, John, one of my parents' dearest friends told me when I was cleaning out the house, to remember that those things were their memories, not mine. Everything seemed to hold a memory and it was hard to let things go. I still have several tubs in my basement of things I wasn't quite sure what to do with - possible valuable antique items. I need to find an appraiser - they had to be put on hold for another time so I could get the house cleaned out and sold. The best thing I did at the end was bring in one of those "pickers" and let them give me a price for what was left in the house - then they had to take EVERYTHING that was left. And yes, John, my parents didn't have much growing up and both worked hard all their lives. You reused what you could. They may not have had much, but they sure did live lives filled with love and laughter. Celle, my husband is not a "bit of a hoarder" - he is a full blown one if left to his own devices! Hahahaha!
 
@Timetolive I'm only referring to the era in general. I was a borderline hoarder in my younger days partly due to the way I was raised and growing up on a farm. We had very little and made due with what we had. We didn't waste anything. Now that I'm older I try my best to keep clutter to a minimum. It's always a battle knowing what to throw away and what to keep. Especially since I am a mechanic and my first instinct is to hang on to parts and things that still have some use and may come in handy someday. Eventually I just get fed up with the clutter and get rid of things.:gaah:

I hope your appointment goes well. I'm praying for the best.
 
Well, the doctor thinks I might have a low level C-Diff infection and is putting me on Flagyl. Being the amazing doctor she is, she told me to wait until after the New Year and my birthday since you cannot drink while you are on it! :cheers: I am not looking forward to any side effects with any more antibiotics after the Augmentin.:scare:

I hope everyone has a nice evening and a restful night.
 
I too have struggled with the poop fairy. I love that title. However he's more of a devil than a fairy, besides its a male, I'm sure.

I have had either diarrhea or what I call cow piles for almost two months. I wonder how many others have had this issue and how they resolved it, or if they even did resolve it. Anyhow, with your family history I hope the gastro can help you


May the new year bring you better health, I think your attitude and sense of humor needs no help. Lol


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Blueslady, have you been to the doctor about your diarrhea? Since we were in the hospital and on antibiotics, C-Diff is very easy to pick up and highly contagious. it can happen weeks after you finish your antibiotics. Please check on this. If your doctor was not sympathetic, then go again. As someone that has had diarrhea for over two and half weeks, I KNOW you must be feeling worn out. Please take care of yourself. It is terrible.

Thank you for the well wishes and kind remarks. Being on this forum makes it easy to have a good attitude, as there are many wonderful people here.
 
I have been to the dr and the test for c diff was negative. She has put mr pm flora stor a probiotic that seems to help. I have days where things are ok, then bam it's back. She has mentioned doing some X-rays and sending me to a gastro, but has not done either. She seems more concerned reg My hip and back pain, she gave me a cortisone shot yesterday

I too have found this site to be valuable and chock full of information. Not only from Josephine, but from folks struggling who offer suggestions.

I truly do wish you a better new year




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Blueslady , I have been taking Florastor also. Today, my GP said she thought I had a low grade C-Diff that would not have shown up on the quick test that is usually done for C-Diff. There is another test that cultures and takes several days for C-Diff. Anyway, I do hope you can get some relief. I know we are not supposed to take Imodim and such if we have C-Diff, so it is an intolerable situation. May the New Year find you healthier and back to "normal"!
 
Sorry to hear about the possible c diff but the flagyl is what is usually used. It seems counterintuitive that an antibiotic caused the problem so you take an antibiotic to get rid of it. I truly hope that all your problems will be left behind in 2015 and you have a much better 2016.
 
That wasn't what I was hoping you'd hear, but maybe it'll put a stop to the stomach issues. Is the doc doing the longer culture test to be sure? C-diff has been my nightmare since the infection because I've been on so many antibiotics. Did your doc say how long before you'd feel some relief?
 
Sorry to hear it now may be c-diff. Just you wanted more pills to take right?
It will be a New Year and your birthday so this medication MUST be the answer!
Glad you saw your GP. Are you still going to follow up with the GI Dr?
Your experience is just what makes me nervous about having the other knee done!
 
@Glamg1979 i think the problems she's been having is rare. I'm 7 weeks post op on my second knee. My right tka wasn't smooth sailing (but not the issues she's had) but I didn't hesitate to get my right knee done this year. And this recovery definitely hasn't been smooth. But I have no regrets because I know what the results will be when I'm fully recovered - living a life with 2 pain free knees.
 
Thank you Marian. I hope 2016 is better than 2015, although I know I am blessed that my problems aren't as bad as others. I will just keep moving forward.

@KarriB, did you have C-Diff or you are saying you worry about getting it? I know you are on probiotics also. The GP also suggested adding some kefir to my diet. I like kefir, so that is not a problem. No plans for the other test, as I think she is waiting to see what happens with the Flagyl. No, I didn't ask how long before relief. All I was thinking was "oh no....another antibiotic with side effects..." :blackcloud:

@Glamg1979, yes, I am going to follow up with the gastro. I have been keeping a diary of sorts on the progression, since it is all running into a jumble of potty breaks, side effects, exhaustion, and asking my Darling to buy more toilet tissue! :rotfl: Please don't let my experience sway you. If anything, we have learned to be cautious with medications and to not be afraid to speak up if something doesn't seem right. I loved your comment "just what you wanted, more pills to take" Ha! You so totally understand! :heehee:
 
I haven't had C-diff but my infectious disease dr has warned me, especially while I was on IV and oral antibiotics together. Now I take 100mg of doxycycline a day, but my labs come back good and I take the probiotic. Be careful as I understand it can be very contagious,
 
@KarriB, I am trying to be careful. In fact, we were having friends over tomorrow for my birthday and my daughter had planned a surprise party - that all has been postponed. :bawl: I disinfect my bathroom and wash my hands all the time. I have read the spores can live for MONTHS. I am so glad you have not gotten C-Diff. I wish I had known to take probiotics when I was on the antibiotics after surgery. Perhaps, if nothing else, my experience will make people aware of the need for probiotics during antibiotic use.
 
Just keep up with hand washing with a good soap and water after you go. I'm hopeful that if it was a suspected low level c diff your doctor suspects that you get quick relief. I ha e IBS so after I eat I'm back and forth to the ladies room three or more times every day. I usually try to eat very little at work!!:heehee:
 
Happy New Year everyone! May your year be blessed with love, laughter, less pain, grand adventures, and the ability to see God's grace in your life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom