TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww..Madeleine, @macduf387 you are so kind. I can't wait to see the purpose revealed! Ralph has to go to PT today. I have an appointment with the OS tomorrow, so they will need to measure and give me a report to carry. Should be a fun day....:thud:
 
I have had most of my swelling in my ankle or lower leg. My knee swells a bit but not as bad as the ankle and foot. I can actually see the swelling in the foot and able area where's my knee it more of a feeling it doesn't show to much.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I can't help you with the morphine questions. Have you tried a different anti-nausea med like zofran? I would sometimes get calf/ankle swelling when I was on my feet more. Especially when I went back to work. I would just wear the compression hose and that would help with that. And then of course when I'd get home I'd ice and elevate.
 
Thank you so much for the pep talk yesterday evening Janis, when you are feeling so bad yourself. I hope your tummy is feeling better and pain and swelling overall is better. Bending my knee to get in and out of chair/bed, any other kind of position is still incredibly painful but I just take it slow and easy and remind myself how my right knee feels right now. If both knees felt like the right, I bet I could get in my kayak! (With considerable assistance and how long I could stay there of course.....) I do find that coming up with creative sound effects instead of just groaning and moaning and crying out seem to help for some strange reason..... although the cats look at me funny.
 
That's great news. I hope you're icing and resting after that. So sorry about the nausea, I hope that goes away soon. That's the worst for me. My ROM is about the same as yours, but I really do feel like there's more progress to be made. My knee is not swollen on the outside, but I can feel it inside and it keeps me from bending more.

Rest well.




Please excuse mistakes. This message was sent from my phone.
 
Hey Janis! Good report on your numbers, especially with all the bruising and swelling! Speaking of which, the bruising is looking much better. Whew! Sorry you've had so many med reactions. That really makes it tough.

I thought about you yesterday as I sailed through Wal Mart ( :gaah: But, it‘s all we have! ) Sooner than later, you'll do the same! I know you feel like it's been an eternity, but I PROMISE you it has not and you WILL make it through this! You have such a great outlook! Keep that chin ( and leg! :heehee:) UP! :ice:
 
Thanks everyone. I have iced and tried to eat some crackers. Took a little nap. If the nausea would just stop, I would be happy with Mr. Ralph and his cranky self. (Y'all remaind me of this when he is not behaving!)
 
That is terrific ROM - congratulations! Isn't it great to be able to measure your progress? Especially with the other issues you have had to handle at the same time.
 
Great numbers, Janis! Really praying the nauseous feelings go away soon. But maybe the nausea is keeping you down and the knee up a bit more than normal, thus the great numbers. Trying to find the silver lining!
 
Janis, for what you have been through, those are awesome numbers!! I sure do hope your nausea subsides. That is just no fun.
 
My ROM is 110 too and I'm 5 months out so in that area you've got me beat. Just a thought but could the antibiotics be adding to your nausea? I know I have problems with different antibiotics from abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. If you've never taken the antibiotic that your on now maybe that could be adding to your problem. I'm on different medications and I have to take some to offset the side effects of the others! I hope your feeling better soon and you can put all of this behind you!
 
Wow your rom is great especially with everything that you are going thru with swelling. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you ( well I guess today being it 1am).


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@newlybionic i was wondering the same thing, along with coming off the morphine.ive read of some people who get stomach cramps when reducing or coming off narcotics.
 
Well Marian, and Karri, you may be right. Between the diverticulitis, coming off the morphine, the Augmentin, and everything else, it has been a horrible day. Severe diarrhea, chills, sweating, nausea....it has been a day I don't care to live again. I am taking phenergan for the nausea and Imodium for the diarrhea. Sleeping most of the day since I got 4 hours of sleep last night. I had an appt with the OS today and he thinks knee looks great and that the stomach issues are from a combination of the diverticulitis, the morphine, and the other drugs I have in my system. Talk about having to suck it up - I wasn't going to miss that appt.! Well, that is all I have time for today. Thank you all for stopping by. It does a body good.
 
Janis I'm so sorry that you are feeling so ill. Sleep whenever you can for as much as you can to let your body work on healing itself. Please make sure that you're not running a fever. If you are call your doctor. I and my co workers are having chills and sweating with respiratory issues. Some are also having abdominal pain with nausea.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you. Take care.
 
Dear Janis, you are such a trooper.
I dont have any words that don't sound trite... You know the "God won't give you more than you can bear" type of thing, which is so easy to say and so challenging to walk through...
I admire that no matter how much you are going through, you are still graceful and kind.
Sending {{hugs}} :friends:and healing thoughts your way!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom