Guest viewing is limited

THR Time to change things up.

I did another strength training session yesterday & 5 km walk this morning with Bella. [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up. [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up. Feeling very good afterwards, I’m able to maintain a pace of just under 11 min/ km.
 
We’re dog sitting, so I had the opportunity to try out our daughter’s Bowflex Treadclimber. I got a good cardio workout. [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up. [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
 
Hey there,
Sounds like you’re making progress! Love the dogs, I’ll bet they’re fun.
Enjoy the rest of the week! :wave:
@Scuba_Diver
 
Had another work out on the Treadclimber today. Pace was 3.5 kph to until pulse was 140 bpm, then 5 kph until pulse was 155, then slowed till pulse 140...,repeat.
[Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
These are pricey in Canada $2500 + tax & delivery. (New). I was able to find one nearby (used) for $1200. We’re going to look at it on Saturday.
 
We (Bella & I) are continuing our walks. We completed 3,4 & 5 km this week @ 11-11.5 min/ km pace. This weekend we’re picking up a used Treadclimber.
It works the thighs and glutes more than just walking ( eagerly anticipating our coming dive season
 
We’ve been looking for a treadclimber since we had 3 workouts on our daughter’s machine while dog sitting 2 weeks ago. We located one within 45 minutes of our place , agreed on a price & tomorrow (Wed) I‘m going to pick it up at 10:00 am.
 
Hey @Scuba_Diver
I’ll bet you’re excited. Safe travels there and back picking it up. May it keep you strong and fit. :ok:
Enjoy the rest of the week! :)
 
We got the new unit home ok, had to partially disassemble it to get it down stairs. My wife and I had our first workouts on it this morning. It burns way more calories than just walking.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    DF023595-827B-4E00-8FE8-65B997FD9AB1.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 231
  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    B85C1003-B7B6-48B6-8894-8561A105C274.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 246
Thankfully you have a second chance due to TKR / THR surgeries, replacing painful deteriorated joints and affording you the ability to enjoy exercise, rather than be forced to refrain. Onward and upward!
Have a nice weekend. :)
@Scuba_Diver
 
My cardio conditioning continues at home, we also bought a barbell , dumbbells and weights (used). The treadclimber and walking do a good job on the legs, but upper body has been neglected for the past year. walks are up to 5-6 km with Bella. I’m now alternating cardio 4 days/week and strength training 3 days/week.
We are in another 4 week stay at home order in Ontario, Canada.
I live in rural area so we are free to go outside for walks, runs, biking etc.
Non-eccentI’ll stores are curb pick up only, restaurant are take-out or delivery only.
 
My wife turns 70 this July, so she’s scheduled to get the Pfizer vaccination this Friday. I’m 66 (next lower group) so my appointment is scheduled May 4.
To quote Obiwan Kanobi, the 4th is with me!
 
We woke up to a depressing sight this morning. We are a full month into spring, we got 10 cm/ 4” of snow overnight. There was one lonely chickadee eating my grass seed, that I had spread on the fresh topsoil recently filled into stump holes from trees we removed last fall. [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up. [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
 
Well, the Treadclimber is doing the job. Today’s walk with Bella I managed to break 11 minutes/km on the last 3 km.
Looking forward to getting back in the water soon.
[Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up. [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
 
You’ll be ten months post op next Thursday. Wishing you a early Happy Ten Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a wonderful Spring and Summer! :SUNsmile:
@Scuba_Diver
 
I received my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine last week. No real side effects, the injection spot was tender for a day. We are still in a stay at home order in Ontario, While we still have a ways to go, getting the vaccine does make me feel optimistic. We have acre lot in a country subdivision so we’re spending the the time at home working on the yard, & flower beds.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom