Guest viewing is limited

THR Time to change things up.

Hi @Scuba_Diver :wave:
Happy Five Year Anniversary!
Wow...five years already. It's wonderful you're doing so well. Thanks for stopping by with an update.
Until next time...all the best!
 
What a wonderful testimony of life after hip replacement. Congratulations on your anniversary :yes!:
 
It’s been some time since I’ve been on the forum. We lost our 13y 8m old golden retriever Bella on Jan 2. & have been grieving for a couple of months. We decided to look for an adult to adopt/rescue but we heard about 18 week old Great Pyrenees pups in a barn about an hour drive from us. We found 4 puppies, 1female, 3 males. One little guy came right over to me nuzzling in close. I picked him up and carried him to our vehicle & we brought him home. His name is Buddy.
He weighs 53 lbs(24kg) . I slipped on some ice while carrying him, & I didn’t realize until next day did some injury to my (knee replacement) leg. I managed not to drop the pup. The Glute muscle, groin & what ever runs from lower outer thigh to the calf are inflamed, & swollen. I’m treating with anti-inflammatory medication, knee brace & ice pack at bed time. It is improving slowly, but “painfully slow “. Pun intended!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    IMG_2829.webp
    204.2 KB · Views: 9
  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    IMG_2831.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 10
  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    IMG_2855.webp
    123.5 KB · Views: 10
  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    IMG_2915.webp
    149.8 KB · Views: 11
Hi Scuba_Diver,
I am sorry to read of the loss of your companion, Bella. It's so hard to say goodbye to our pets when the time comes. You have my sincere condolences.

I'm sure, Buddy, has already wormed his way into your hearts. The photo of the four pups peering through that crate is adorable. I love it! The pup on the top, :heehee:

I'm also sorry to read about your tumble. I hope it stops hurting soon with the help of the OTC meds, ice and rest.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving the sweet pics for us all to enjoy. Feel better soon and have a great Spring 2026!
@Scuba_Diver
 
Ok gosh! What adorable pups! So sorry to hear of Bella’s passing. Each furkid leaves a permanent void in our lives. I always say they take a piece of our hearts when they pass.
But looks like Buddy will be a great new companion and the fact he “chose” you just goes to show you that he had a feeling you would be his best match.
When we went to get our Rhodesian Ridgeback many years ago there were only 2 males left that were not show quality. The two were meandering about the back yard of the breeders home and one comes barreling towards us and jumps in my lap! Well that’s the one that came home with us! Funniest dog we ever had, quite the personality!
Sorry to hear you fell. Did you go get XRays just to rule out any damage? Darn ice. That’s how I fractured my hip. Ughhh…
Well hope you feel better and keep us posted.
And thanks for sharing those cute pics! I love dogs!
 
I didn’t actually fall when I slipped on the ice. But my foot slid & I had a lot muscle strain to hold my balance & not drop Buddy. I am certain this is a soft tissue injury. (I’m retired black belt in judo with 40 years experience)
Thank you for the concern, much appreciated.
 
How fortunate that you were strong enough to catch yourself when sliding on ice and carrying a 50 pound dog. That undoubtedly saved both of you. Buddy and his puppy pals are so cute and I love the story about how he just knew you were his human. Thanks for sharing your story.
 
A few months have passed since my last posting. Things didn't improved as expected (6 weeks) So I finally went to the doctor, who diagnosed a pinched nerve.
Put me on anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxers as well as nerve pain drugs and a physiotherapy regimen.
I am improving slowly, doctor said takes about 3 months for recovery....
I am now able to walk Buddy about 3 km each day , with morning & evening stretching exercises & strength building sets a couple of times a week.
So I'm on the mend so to speak.
Buddy is 90 lbs now (8 months old)
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    IMG_E3709.webp
    103.1 KB · Views: 5
  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    IMG_E3720.webp
    267.6 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for stopping by, SD.
It is good to read you are slowly improving. Buddy certainly is a cutie. I hope you continue to make steady progress while enjoying the dog walks and the rest of Summer 2026!
Take care! :)
@Scuba_Diver
 
Love the Buddy pics! They get big so fast.
Well take it slow and enjoy your walks with Buddy, I love walking a dog. Actually have Ernie here today the dog I dog sit for so it will be a marathon walking day I’m sure!
 
Sorry you are dealing with a pinched nerve, @Scuba_Diver. That can be so painful and I'm glad you are noticing some improvement.

I can't get over how big Buddy has gotten since your post in March. What a beauty!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom