Guest viewing is limited

THR Time to change things up.

Hi both! Another diver here and hoping to get back to diving early next year, albeit very gently. Once I am cleared to swim I will be using the pool ladder for exercise in prep for the boat ladder . My dive master will help me get the kit in and off in the water as I’m scared of falling on the boat!

Happy Diving!
 
Just got a text that next week will be our last mid-week dive opportunity since they are hauling out the charter boats 2nd weekend in October. I have signed up to go on it.
 
Cudo’s to your DM, sounds like a keeper.Falling in isn’t usually the issue. I have affectionately named that entry “the front flop”. Simple stride, or step in work fine, and back roll off a rib boat(zodiac) of course
It’s climbing back up the ladder I found difficult at first, (lack of flexibility) stepping up with all that weight on. Also reaching to get my fins on/off with full wetsuit required some effort.
 
I agree with reaching for the fins and the ladder back into the boat! It helps to get the gear off before climbing up, at least for me, it does.
We are spending two weeks in the Florida Keys March ‘24. Hoping to enjoy some easy dives there.
 
Last boat charter was a night dive on a familiar wreck “George M Marsh” . It’s in 80ft water, which was relatively warm this late in the season. 70F on surface and 50F at the bottom.Thermocline was right on the deck level so we could hover in the warmer layer & still see most of the wreck. Here’s shot of my buddy behind the wheel.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    IMG_7395.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
How amazing to be celebrating your 47th Anniversary soon and to be able to spend it doing something you both love. I hope you enjoy your special time away.
 
We are back home after 10 days in Cancun, Mx. I didn't go scuba diving, but we did snorkel on the reef out of Puerto Morales.
Here are a couple of my better pics
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    DSCN0431c.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 79
  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    DSCN0465c.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 66
  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    DSCN0485c.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 58
We dived last week in Kingston,Ontario out on the Wolfe Islander II ferry which was sunk as an artificial reef & dive site in the late 1980’s. I tried using the built in led flash on my point & shoot camera, but there was too much suspension & backscatter. I managed a couple of available light pics. These are taken between 65 & 75 ft depth at 6pm
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    IMG_4261.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 37
  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    IMG_4262.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 34
  • [Bonesmart.org] Time to change things up.
    IMG_4259.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 33
Not St John, but I have been to St Thomas, and St Vincent & Tobego Cays in the Grenadines. Awesome clear blue waters
 
We booked 10 days in Oahu, (Dec27-Jan5) & we're taking our grand children (11 & 15) with us.
Lots of activities planned (scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing lessons, parasailing, hiking Diamond head & Manoa Falls.
Also some relaxing on beach & pool side.
 
It's 5 years & 2months since my hip replacement.
I have no lingering issues, the initial stiffness & limited flexibility have long passed.
I still enjoy long walks with our golden retriever Bella every day & scuba dive when ever I have free, time.

Our vacation trip to Oahu with our grand kids (11 & 15) was a great success.
Went snorkeling, took surfing lessons together ( the kids did great LOL) & parasailing.
We hiked up to Waimea Falls , which was ok, but a bit of a let down as we were there in dry season.
Did a trip to north shore to see the huge breakers & beaches.
We had a fantastic time there, but the 9-10 hr flight from Toronto along with 5 hr jet lag was brutal coming home.
 
It sounds like you hip is really serving you well. Congratulations!! I remember that long trip back from Hawaii. It was brutal and that was when I was in my 30's! I cannot imagine it now.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom