THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

When it's icy or snow I don't move out of my house! I slipped & fell on ice & that's how this whole hip situation started.
I broke my ankle 5 years ago rushing around running down 6 carpeted steps that I slipped on & broke my left ankle in 3 places. Surgery & a long 3 month recovery.
Same with my hip. We had a little dusting of snow & being the impatient person I am decided to go out to put something out side & down I went.
There was an ice patch under the light snow & I hit it just right.
So now if I've learned anything, I don't rush or do stupid things like go out in bad weather or feel like the world will end if I don't get it done right now! So see, you can teach an old dog new tricks!
I have huge bottle of Patience pills.:loll:
 
Update on weather-we just got rain, cold & ice, west & east of us got snow. We didn’t get the lucky. All is well here-just cold. And I am afraid my new hip not a huge fan-but I’m pushing her through-lol. Had my new RA dr yesterday & he did a ton of labs, ordered bone density test & see him back in a month. Sounded like he wasn’t convinced that ra can cause that kind of fracture w/o a high impact fall-so I guess some of these tests will give him some clarification. What do I know? I told him I had read where it can happen, and it did happen to me so I’m just here for the ride. Happily healing over here!!
 
Stay safe and warm and OFF the ice. No falling now, ya hear?!! :wink:
That's what scares me most about Winter living where it snows. Scary!
Have a nice weekend!
@msart
 
@Layla isnt that the truth!! I’ve read too many people slipping & falling. I’m going to keep cozy inside until the ice has melted completely. I have zero desire to do a repeat of this!! ZERO. I have a nice, cozy fire blazing, that I build all by myself. So bonus!!! It will be in 20’s until mid day tomorrow-going to cook a big pot of chili for me & anyone that stops by & braves this weather!! Stay warm friends!!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] THR Posterior - Slowly Healing
    IMG_0942.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 40
That's your fire? Nice!!!

We had rain off and on all day, but going into a "warming" trend. High here tomorrow is 47°. Good idea to stay put with all the nasty weather up there right now.
 
Thank you @daisyduck0801!! That’s my fire!! I’m staying warm tonight. Tomorrow will be warmer-thank goodness. Not much, but at least above freezing I don’t like the cold that much-ha!!!
 
Oh Morgan! What a small world! I'm right next to New Orleans. Have family (first cousins) all in Melbourne! About 50 years ago my aunt (from New Orleans) married a Greek fellow and they made Melbourne their home. So all of their kids (my cousins) are still there.

Are you all having your summer right now?
 
Hi @daisyduck0801

What a small world !!

We certainly are right smack bang in the middle of summer and it's a relentless one this year. Days and days of heat. We're expecting storms later today. But still up there temperature wise.

:loveshwr:
 
Oh I'm sure your summers have nothing on ours. August - early September high 90s not uncommon. And what makes it worse is the humidity! Like walking out into a sauna every time you leave the house. Brutal!
 
Hi all!! I had a lovely day~the cold cold has moved on & the sun was actually shinning today, was so nice to see some sunshine!!! Still cold at night but during day is nice.

I had a full day today-almost kinda back to a normal day in my life. I cooked, cleaned, had friends & family (including my 2yr old granddaughter) over it was great. I did have some soreness this evening & am now back to propping my feet up. I am so thankful for today-I really did not think a few months ago I would ever get to this point. But here I am, so YAY!! I think I’m officially on the road to getting my life back :loveshwr: . To my fellow BS friends-hang in there-and be patient!! Your time is coming!
 
msart,
You are a shining light to those just beginning this journey. You are proof positive that if you listen to your body & treat it like a newborn baby you will see progress. The progress may not come as quickly as we desire, but it does come.
Sounds like you had a wonderful day entertaining, cooking & seeing your grand daughter.
Good for you!
 
@myglasshalffull -treating your body like a new born baby is right!! Such a great description!! Healing is just so slow & I don’t think any of us expect that when we leave the hospital, at least I did not. I don’t think we are really informed about the healing process. I don’t recall anyone ever saying to me-oh by the way you can not do what you used to for a few months!!! I guess they think we know. And for me-since it was an accident I surely did not know!!!

I had a good restful night and woke up with very minimal uncomfortableness. So onward to another great day!!

Happy healing everyone!! :curtsey:Be patient & listen to your body!!!
 
I have a nice, cozy fire blazing, that I build all by myself. So bonus!!!
What a lovely fireplace! Is that a woodstove? We have an open fire but want to convert to a stove but an insert not just an upright stuck in there - yours looks exactly right!
Also very jealous about the bath (think that was in a post of yours..) I'm 3 months out, doing really well and yesterday in the pool doing a km, feeling great - put my socks on without an aid afterwards (though with much careful contortions!) BUT STILL can't get in the bath for some reason. I tried the other day (without the water!) Managed to climb in but then panicked trying to get down..and needed OH's help to get back up again. Felt quite down about it. Have been practising sitting on a low stool which feels a bit risky but OK. Any tips welcome. In fact, re sitting down/lying on floor and getting up again generally. Feels like the final frontier!
(Note - I probably should have put all this in my own recovery thread should I?)
 
Hi @flamingoprint -honestly I do not know about fireplace, I just bought this house in March-after my divorce. I have a fireplace company coming tomorrow so I will be sure to ask, we have another freezing cold front coming in Sunday night, so perfect timing on him coming to clean it, check on it & actually teach me to work it. My dad gave me a quick run down, but it was really quick & I need to know everything about the fireplace, in case.

I still not conquered the bath. I practice, but I’m not there. I’ve mastered my stairs-my tub is upstairs & shower w/ bench I had remodeled is downstairs-thank goodness. Remodel pre surgery-thankfully!! My dr has suggested for me to start working on my quads-I just started doing that. I will actually hold on to my bathroom counter and go up & down with my feet pointed outward & doing my exercises at gym. I think the quad muscles that we had previously and simply not there anymore-so we will have to work them back up. I will definitely lyk when I accomplish that. Which btw-I am so looking forward to a long soak in the bath :yes!: .

And the very last thing I need to do is take my raised toilet seat out. I know I am WAY past being ready & able. But honestly, I think I’m scared. I live alone & I get up frequently in the nighttime to go to bathroom. I have gotten so used to having the arms to rest on-habit maybe? I know I don’t NEED the raised toilet seat-I use others perfectly fine. So I honestly don’t know-if maybe bc I live by myself & it’s a comfort thing? I just don’t know why I haven’t gotten ride of it yet:chinstroke:.
 
I'd say no rush in getting rid of the seat if it gives you that secure feeling.
I've mentioned many times here even after recovery I kept a cane by my bed for night time bathroom trips. More than likely I didn't need it but it was a source of security.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom