msart
senior
To ALL-thank you so much for your kind praises. I think the worst part for me, obviously after the surgery is not having a Dr here where I live. But yet again, my surgeon & My Dr. stepped up & we are getting the job done. I am hopeful in next few months I can meet with a couple OS I have been looking at here and persuade one of them to take me on as a patient. But also that is where Bonesmart came in for me-so it’s been a win!! I can easily see how & why many people give up-this road is not an easy one, no matter if it’s done correctly or not. Glad we have found this wonderful support group-and we can cheer each other on. 

United States
omg-I can not wait. I’m super close to conquering it. I have asked my best friend to come over and just stay in my house until I get out, just in case I need some help. I’m thinking after this storm & im going to give it a go! I’ll certainly lyk. And goodness you sure do need one after that walk.
I find it funny now. But it was the absolute truth & funny how I was medicated (highly) & that came to mind. I still giggle about that!!!
Have been practising sitting down quite low using stairs since freed from the dreaded 90deg rule...makes it much easier to get up after. Also kneeling fairly easily (if not elegantly!) now. Still finding it hard to sit down on floor (or in bath) and then get up again without a hand rail though (or anything else to hold on to). The sides of the bath aren't really high enough to be much help. Just managed it in an empty bath today but getting up was hard, needed help from OH. Probably better without socks and with a non slip mat in the bottom of the bath!
I couldn’t find freezing but thought this ice would do-lol

