THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

All great news, muffins, PT & all.
I think it takes most of us a visit or two to ODIC before we learn how to manage our recovery & listen to our bodies. In the beginning mine was telling me but some days I didn't want to listen. But eventually I learned how to plan my day & not get discouraged if I didn't complete everything on my "to do" list. Miss Hip said, "that's it" for today & I listened. Ice pack on the couch & rest for an hour & back in action!
Our recoveries are very individual even though we share similarities & we just have to learn what works for us.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary, Wheatsiebat :wave:
I hope you have a lovely week!
You made it through the first month and that deserves a cheers :cheers: Pretend it's Root Beer. :wink:
Every step adds up. You're just getting started, still early days if you look at the big picture. You're doing amazing. Cheers to even brighter days ahead.
@Wheatsiebat
 
Thank you @Layla!

Everything is going well! I feel like myself again. I have been walking unassisted for 20 to 30 minutes a pop. Still a little sore in the quad at times. But my range of motion is much better and it doesn't feel near as tight as even a week ago.

I celebrated today with a facial, and I am looking forward to some planned trips to NY and Toronto.

It is indeed the early days ,but I am hopeful the hardest part is behind me.
 
Wow….that’s fantastic!!! That soreness is to be expected this early in recovery. Just take it as a sign that you need a little rest before you take off again. Stretching, especially in the morning after being in bed all night, will help with the tightness. You want to do hamstring and quad stretches primarily, but all stretching is good.
 
Great news, Wheatsiebat, I'm happy to hear it. Walking unassisted for 20 to 30 minutes has to feel awesome. I'll bet the plan to travel to NY and Toronto is a great motivator. Recovery can certainly be a grind, so having a vacation on the horizon gives you something exciting to work toward.
Thanks for taking the time to share an update. I hope you have a good week!
@Wheatsiebat
 
Wow!!! Hippie Sister... Missed this one. Too busy moping around whining about itchy hands

Congratulations on walking unassisted. What a massive milestone :flwrysmile: :wow:
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary, Wheatsiebat!
I hope you're still doing well...and even better since the last time you posted.
Let us know when you have the time. We'd love to hear from you!
@Wheatsiebat
 
@Layla

Thanks! I am doing great! I have been going to my yoga class almost every day and improving strength and flexibility. It is amazing how much a body can improve every day!
I went to NY on a fun Broadway and museum trip last week. I walked over 7 miles one day! The whole trip was quite a bit of sitting, (plane, plays) and walking around. My hip was a bit swollen but settled down once I got back in my routine.
I think the biggest change was getting back to my sense of self. Finally being able to get back to my routines and not thinking about my limitations was huge.
Funny enough, I haven't been going on walks outside of traveling. I think I equate that with the period where that was my only exercise. I am sure I will get over it and start hiking soon.
My leg still feels a little bit longer but I am getting used to it. It was intially weird in yoga because being barefoot made it quite apparent. But I don't care anymore and I am not worrying about it.
So all is good. Healing is still happening. yay!
 
Wonderful update, Wheatsiebat and I love your optimism also. It will inspire others. You're back living life and it will get even better. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend!
@Wheatsiebat
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary, Wheatsiebat!
I hope you continue to enjoy steady progress. Wishing you a great Summer 2025! :SUNsmile:
Don't be shy in stopping by, we love updates!
@Wheatsiebat
 
@Layla,
Thank you!
Everything continues to improve. My range of motion during yoga poses is close to 90% of what I was doing pre-op.
I can walk much longer distances without pain. I had one day that I randomly walked over 7 miles without issue.
The inflammation/swelling is much less. I am looking forward to when that is completely resolved.
I am either getting more used to the length difference or it has lessened. Or both! I definitely know there is a difference, but it isn’t making me want to return the hip like the day of surgery.

Looking forward to the 6 months anniversary!

Have a wonderful summer too!
 
I'm so happy to hear you are almost back to pre surgery range of motion in yoga. I know your yoga is such a blessing to you. Wow, seven miles is really something. Shows how much strength and stamina you have regained! Here's hoping that the rest of the summer will see you completely forget about leg length and a 100% return to your former range of motion :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
Lots of great progress, Wheatsiebat! You're doing amazingly well at less than four months out and already hitting the milestones you mentioned...something to be proud of! Recovery from joint replacement is no small journey as you know from your Left THR and revision. The strides you've made are a testament to your strength and determination. Keep celebrating the wins, no matter how small. The best is yet to come! :thumb:
Have a wonderful week!
@Wheatsiebat
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom