Guest viewing is limited

THR THR - 2 years I think

Hi Ursula!
You sound perky today. I'll bet you're feeling stronger each week.
What's the weather like there? We're headed for an awful heat wave over the next few days.
Especially tomorrow. It will be 99-100F / 37C with high humidity. Yuk! Not my favorite type of weather.
Hope you have a great day and weekend!
@Ursula72
 
Good Morning Ursula,
I have a little song for your Friday....something fun for you, heading into the weekend ~
"Sun is Shining" by The Fireman (Sir Paul McCartney's band about 10 yrs. ago : )
Wishing you a beautiful and pain free day today!
 
Last edited:
We have a heatwave here in Britain too, it’s been it’s been like this since I came out of hospital, this weather is beautiful but not too great for those people wearing Pressure stockings. Mine came off today as I’d had them on for quite awhile. I’m on blood thinning medication, and I’m toddling around the house and doing the exercises that don’t hurt too much(what a wimp I am) so the stockings came off...what a relief!
Will listen to The sun is shining
 
Hi Ursula......glad you can now dispense with the stockings....I made a deal with my surgeon to swap stockings for aspirin, at least aspirin doesn't make you want to scratch all the time! I've been keeping an eye on the heatwave so that I can email my dad and nag him about drinking extra...... don't mind if you want to send a few of those sun hours over to us, our temperature goes down to minus overnight and morning, and I've forgotten already what summer is like (despite having our own heatwave only 3 months ago :SUNsmile:) One good thing about having your op in the summer is that you can't wait to get your next icepack out of the freezer.....once our weather started to get colder my icepack use went down a lot!

Don't worry about doing exercises....I didn't do any, just walked around and did 'usual' stuff....feel fortunate I haven't had much pain or problem as a result. One for your playlist today "The sun has got his hat on" (and now that's buzzing round my brain and is totally inappropriate for the grey drizzly day I can see thro my window :sigh:)
 
You're not a wimp, Ursula. You just had major surgery 24 days ago.
I'll bet you loved ditching those compression stockings. Nasty little things aren't they?
But they serve a purpose so I guess we need to just squeeze into them like we're instructed to :gaah:
Sounds like you're making progress. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the update.

A pleasant Sunday to you!
@Ursula72
 
The washing machine ate mine!
Or the dryer? :shrug:
I just did alot of leg wiggling and low dose aspirin, and since no other health issues...
 
:flwrysmile:Good morning Ursula, We're just a couple of days apart in our healing so I thought I'd check in on you. I'm glad you got the stockings off in time for the hotter weather! Are you starting in-home rehab? How's it going? Take it slow and mindfully as everyone here says.

How's the hip pain at this point in time? For me, it's so much less than pre-surgery it makes me wonder why I waited so long to have it done. Well, I waited because I was fearful and like to think I can fix everything naturally!

What about sleeping? I have been on my back for months even pre-surgery. I ruined the arm on my non-surgery side early on sleeping on it. It does not come naturally to me. Now, I've been on my back exclusively since surgery and a few months prior. I am up within 4 hours and move to the living room to sit up. It's the darned arm waking me now! It's ok sitting up.

I have a post-op tomorrow and hope for a new phase of healing. Thinks like stitch/staple removal sleeping on surgery side, taking a shower and washing my hair properly, going to outpatient rehab, and driving seem like a true gift if that plays out tomorrow for me!

Keep us posted on how your healing is going. We all are unique and it appears we are all on a different healing path based on that uniqueness of our bodies, doctors, etc.

Have a restful day Ursula! I'm sending healing vibes to you!
 
Hi everyone. To anny...my cousin Win lived on Kapiti Coast till she moved to an old folks complex after her husband dies. Yes it’s Winter we’re you are now. Cold grey days...I’ll send sun over to you all xx
 
Hello luvsibes recovery buddy, 2 days apart. I’m walking with the use of my walking frame. I do exercises now and then and they do help , I don’t do the exercises that hurt. I’ve read the Bonesmart information bout exercises and it seems good common sense to me...if it hurts don’t do it. I haven’t ventured outside yet on my little back yard. Beyond that we have a large garden with a new shed I’ve called The Meditation room, with a wind chime, room divider, a seaside clock, a small table and two garden chairs. I’ve got my fave garden ornaments in there too. Trouble is I’ve not been down to it since I had my new hip....so that’ll spur me on to get walking.A friend gave me an old outdoor walker so that’ll help. If there’s any spiders in the shed they’re welcome as the outdoors n sheds are their territory. My hip n leg swell up towards the end of the day, no doubt yours does too. Pins n needles too. You sound a positive person. I try to be. Your photo shows you with a dog. I think cats or dogs help us humans when we feel down, I think it’s mostly dogs,they have unconditional love for us.ive always had cats...they’re more independent. I can’t wait till I can wash me hair and have a shower....roll on that day. Glad I had the hip done, it’s better on the recovery side isn’t it. Have a good day
 
Good Morning Ursula. I'm off to my post-op appt. today with high hopes for starting a new phase of recovery! Like you, I'm wanting a real shower and hair washing!

I love the idea of your meditation retreat. That would encourage me to get out into the yard. Take your music and listen to it and the sounds of nature...lovely and so healing! My backyard looks like another planet as Togo is a digger (as many huskies are but he's the first to really display the trait). We say he's looking for his roots (loves to eat the underground roots) and digging to Siberia. So, I haven't been in the yard beyond the patio to get a little sun. Yes, pets are wonderful for healing. Meet @Boneygirl on the forum if you haven't as she's in our time-frame and is a researcher on just that topic. Her avatar is a beautiful large dog named Jack!

Slow and steady...we'll get there to full recovery!:flwrysmile:
 
What a lovely update above @Ursula72
It sounds like you're doing really well. It's such a relief to be on the Recovery side
with surgery in the rear view. I often mention it was like a high and it wasn't the narcotics
because I was off them. It was a new appreciation for life and regaining the ability to do the little
things that became so difficult as my hip deteriorated. You truly realize how much you took for granted
until you struggled to do it, or worse yet, found it impossible.

I hope you're able to venture out to the little place you've created for yourself soon.
it sounds like a peaceful space you must really enjoy.

We have a holiday mid week here in the U.S.
The Fourth of July / Independance Day. Parades, BBQ s, picnics, fireworks, a day off work for many.

Hope your week is all you want it to be!
 
Yes it’ll soon be the 4th of July, when the Americans chucked out those pesky Brits. I’ve got a Facebook friend she’s New York born , on July 4 she and her family dress in the wonderful Stars and Stripes....and as you say, food and fireworks and fun. God Bless America!
 
I’ve just listened to New Horizons by the Moody Blues and it’s lovely. Music helps recovery I’m sure
So happy you liked the song Ursula ~ I think it's beautiful and I picked it especially for you : )
Music is universal....it calms the mind, feeds the soul and heals the body ~
Sending you lots of positive healing vibes today ~
 
Hello Ursula! Almost you and Marlene's first month hipversary.
Are you finding you are able to move about easier yet?
I hope you are doing well!
Hope you are still icing regularly and can see that in a few short months things will be even better!
Seems like a slow journey...but so worth it in the end.
Have a great day!:ok:
 
Happy Wednesday @Ursula72
I hope it's been a good one for you so far.
Still early in the morning on this side of the pond.
Have you made it out to your little garden spot yet?
You'll have to let us know how it goes once you make your way there.
Enjoy the rest of the day!
 
I’m having awful pain in my unoperatedhip now for about a week. It’s not in the groin but it’s at the top of my hip just below my waist on my left side. My operated hip is mildly painful as expected but I’m walking better on it...me and Marlene are good mates. Xx
 
Back
Top Bottom