THR THR - 2 years I think

At first as you explained all the hours seem to pass so fast. Once your body adjusts to the new shinny prothesis & as the brain finds new pathways to help your movements it will get easier week by week. Rest ice compress and elevate.stay ahead of the pain with pain meds and move slowly and thoughtfully at first.
Sending healing blessing your way!
 
Thinking of you this morning, Ursula
Have you made it home yet?
I hope you're resting comfortably wherever you are.
Hope your day is good. Here's a flower for you :flwrysmile:
@Ursula72
 
I'm glad my mind mush is normal .been up to physio. Worn out now, cannot see my badge of honour on bonesmart....I must have messed it up my... Brain mush again.....ah what the heck. XX
 
I'm pleased to see you back @Ursula72! My op isn't until August, so I'm watching all you earlier hippies with interest! I think your brain mush is my permanent state; too much to think about. I hope you continue to feel better and better. :yahoo:
 
I think it looks very good also, which does sound strange when surgeon said that about my big old gashes in my legs.:heehee:

Hope today is a Good Day for you.:ice:
 
Very sore and burning hip tonight. Feeling drained. Have walked too much. I'm . On antibiotics for water infection
 
@Ursula72 you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.

You are feeling drained because you are only days out of major surgery. Rest, ice, elevate and take your meds as prescribed. Keep the walking to a minimum for now. This is a marathon - not a sprint.
 
Try to take it easy, dear Ursula...don't walk to excess.
Please take it easy, take your meds and give yourself a few more days to get over that big surgery.
Ice and more ice, OK?:ice:
 
I'm sorry you're sore and tired tonight, @Ursula.
Sounds like you may have overdone the walking.

Energy drain is normal. Here's an explanation from the Recovery Article.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/energy-drain-for-thrs.12415/

Wondering what type of infection you're treating? I hope whatever it is, it clears soon.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
 
Hi Ursula :wave:
Are you making friends with that new hip yet?
These early days aren't the most fun but they move quickly.
I hope you're icing, elevating and getting lots of rest.
Not much else to do at this point. You'll be out kicking up your heels in no time:happydance::dancy: :spin:
Hope your weekend is a peaceful one! :friends:
@Ursula72
 
Hello, I’m using nappy rash cream on my bum,it is sooooo sore. I’ve sent for a gel cushion with holes in it hoping to remedy the problem.
Also, my hip and scar feel so tight now when I walk, is it tissues in side my hip knitting together.
Glad I have you guys to help.x
 
Sutures And Swelling equals tightness.
Are you icing very often?
That will certainly help...
Very normal, Ursula...
It will get better and better.
Sending healing hugs your way.
:loveshwr:
 
Oh it's the little things that get you down isn't it? Sorry about your painful sit-upon.....do you think it's because you're not moving much? As well as using the cream, try periods without it too.....just keep the area clean and dry. A nurse once told me that tho nappy rash cream can help, if you use it all the time it can trap any moisture next to the skin so that the problem doesn't go away. If you're wearing a suitably modest nightie or skirt maybe you could go commando :whistle: And I put the tightness of the incision down to the trauma that all that tissue has been through and now has to heal. It will get better....keep the faith :console2:
 
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Aww, poor Ursula. It will get better.
How are you doing otherwise? I hope you have a loving
caregiver to watch over you. How is your mobility and your sleep?
I hope today is a good day!
@Ursula72
 
Back
Top Bottom