THR THR - 2 years I think

Rest Well Ursula~
I'm in my 5th week and remember my first two weeks very well, all I did was sleep and walk a bit to the bathroom!
I kept icing and elevating 24/7 and it helped tremendously with the pain and swelling....I still ice on occasion (my doctor loves ice)! I'm sending you positive healing thoughts and wishing you a smooth recovery!
Best~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, sweet Ursula :hi:
I'm happy you're on the Recovery side too, Ursula.
It was a long time coming. It's wonderful that your son is taking
such good care of you. Great to hear you're sleeping well
and are satisfied with your mobility. Hopefully your pain is well managed also.
Sending you a hug from across the pond :friends: and a flower too! :flwrysmile:
@Ursula72
 
Wish I could get forward everyone past the toughest parts of this recovery.
We just kind of fake it until we make it.
You just think "this is impossible"
And you keep going...AND before you know it...you are DOING the Impossible!

Sending healing hugs your way @Ursula72
 
How's my bud, Ursula, doing today?
I hope you're comfy, pain is well managed and you're seeing a little progress.
Tomorrow is your Two Week Anniversary! Happy dance :happydance:
Here's a flower for your anniversary :flwrysmile:
Hope today is good! :friends:
@Ursula72
 
Hi @Ursula72
We have been looking for you here on your thread!
Hope you are hanging in there during these tough days!
Saw you were asking about washing your hair? Do you have a shower? Are you concerned about wetting your incision?
I was able to shower as long as I didn't soak the incision..some have even protected with waterproof covering.
You may bend some and probably need to.
 
Hi, sweet Ursula :hi:
Wondering how you're doing this week? I hope you're feeling progress.

I noticed a post from you on another thread wondering
about hair washing. If you're showering, it's probably easiest
to do it there. Is that a possibility for you?

If you're having a hard time locating your thread and you don't see it on the first page
skip to the 2nd or 3rd page until you find it. You'll find the little page numbers at the bottom of the page.
That way all of your questions and update posts will be contained in one area.
You may find it fun to read back at a later date.
Just scan the little pictures on the left until you find your pretty little photo, then open that thread and type away.

Hope you have a wonderful day and a great rest of the week! :loveshwr: Hugs! :friends:
@Ursula72
 
Ursula, In my second week , my wound / or staples could not get wet. No wrapping with plastic..no water proof bandage . Nothing. I washed my hair in the kitchen sink and I bent over. I had to have someone help because my balance was not greatest.and I got a little light headed. Have lots of towels handy. Water was rolling all over the place..Having clean hair was worth it. Good Luck.
 
Marvelous Marlene:curtsey:

How is she treating you?
I know these first weeks are tenuous, as we try out our new hips and try to figure out how much we need to be doing.
It's going to keep improving along with your confidence!
You are doing great.
I hope today is a Good Day!:SUNsmile:
 
Hi Ursula,

I have washed my hair in the kitchen sink also. I was able to stay pretty upright (I'm only 5' so the sink is tall to me) and only bend about 45 degrees. The first time, Hubby used the sprayer and assisted me. The last time, i did it myself. If you're tall, you may have to bend more so it would be more challenging. I stood up straight while shampooing, etc. and only did the bend for rinsing. Also, a bit of baking soda at the roots can give you an extra day or so although nothing feels better than clean hair. I hope you can talk with your P/T if you have one coming and they can recommend some adaptations?
 
:hi: Hi Ursula!
Happy Two Week Anniversary! :happydance:
I hope Marlene is happy in her new home. :yes:
Be a good hostess and she will serve you well for many years to come :yes!:
A flower from me, to you, on your anniversary :flwrysmile: I hope your weekend is the best!
@Ursula72
 
Hi all my Bonesmartie friends...Marlene and I Thankyou all for your replies. My son washed my hair for meas I stood by the kitchen sink...oh the blissful feeling of warm water over my head, face, shoulders, front,on my feet and socks and all over the floor...now it’s all dried and I’m feeling clean....till the next time. I’m scared of our shower, but when I can I’m going in therefor an all over head n body wash. I’ll never forget the angel of a young nurse at hospital who gave me a shower 3 days after my op. Have a good day guys..love from Marvelous Marlene and Ursula xxxx
 
Hi @Ursula (and Marlene) I know the feel of the first hospital shower and then the kitchen sink hair wash. Heaven! The first week at home I made do with a packet of large wet wipes for armpits and gribbly bits and it worked a treat. I had a little bag of my wash things in the main floor bathroom. The shower came later. Make sure you have your chair and someone there as well as running the water to get it all lovely and warm. Our tired bods need warmth. Keep going, you are doing so well.
 
Back
Top Bottom