Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

@Josephine I’ll see if I can get help taking a photo. I cropped the X-ray photo, because they were x-rated. They left very little to the imagination :heehee:
 
@4quilts you hit the nail on the head. I’m trying to look at this as a journey, because what other option do we really have! It’s not like we can say “I don’t like this, just give me my old joint back.“ It was worn out and not working so even if that was possible, we wouldn’t want it.

Unfortunately, there’s a lot of us who didn’t get the outcome that we wanted and deserved, but we persevere and keep going to achieve a better knee. Even though my right TKR has problems, it’s not nearly as bad as it was before surgery and I am thankful for that.
 
@Josephine are you able to see from this photo?

[Bonesmart.org] Third times the charm- hopefully
 
Sorry, not big enough. I need it about 10 times bigger than that!
And I need the top to be at waist level.
 
Sorry no, it's the same size as the last one though the framing is better.
Those pics were 240px × 320px and I need it to be about 1500 pixels
 
I tried to upload it bigger but it keeps telling me file is too large. Sorry I can’t get it to work
 
Thank you. My Os is trying to say that I should be able to do fine with my knee like this. He came up with all kinds of excuses, my tibia had a bow in it that he wasn’t able to account for, my weight, my hip muscles being weak, and so on...
 
I would search out another OS way out of your area, that has no contact at all with your current OS. One that has good revision experience.
 
I’m going to try exercise for the hip abductor muscles and try to loose some weight. I know most doctors don’t want to touch you till a year after surgery. But yes @Jockette and @sistersinhim I think I at least need a second opinion.
 
If they are a true “ revision specialist “, they know certain issues are not going to fix themselves in a year and are willing to take you on.
 
@Jamie or whoever looks up revision specialist, can you let me know the names of some in my area. My zip code is 27292.
 
Glad to hear you're starting on the revision search. It can take a while and time is going to fly in any event. In the meantime your plan to exercise your hip muscles and lose weight is a good one. Both things can only help you in the long term. I'm just so sorry your knee is giving you trouble. This has been such a long journey for you already!
 
Yes @SusieShoes it has been a long road, but I’m just not sure I can “get by” with my knee like this. My current OS does a lot of revisions for people that other doctors have messed up. I truly still believe he’s a good doctor, but I think another set of eyes need to look at my knee.
 
Back
Top Bottom