Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

Glad they got you something @Berber7227. I totally understand why they are cautious with drugs in the U.S., but they were made for a reason, and I think a single hip replacement (let alone double!) qualifies. Just a few years ago they were overprescribing for a hang nail! Hope you get relief so you start healing.

Glad you feel better...keep drinking lots and you might think of stool softeners. Pain relief with that medication was adequate, side effects were tendency for constipation.
No bilaterals want to hang out on hard toilet waiting on relief.
First hand experience here..no fun!

What are you sleeping on currently?
I didn't sleep in my bed for three weeks.
I was on my back on a recliner. I was terrified I'd roll onto my incision
if I slept in bed. Silly....I know. When I finally sleep in my bed it felt like Heaven!
Hope you get your wish soon @Berber7227

@Berber7227 I am so glad to hear you've got the pain under control!! And that you are able to get some sleep :) For now sleep where you are comfortable ... bed, recliner, where ever. I rented a hospital bed after my BTHR and loved it! That made it easy to elevate legs and position bed so I could be comfortable and sleep. When I did finally move back to my own bed it still took a month or so to be able to sleep on my side. Feels like sleeping on bricks at first but that feeling does go away!

Sleeping in bed and on couch at Mom's! Can not wait to be home in my own bed

No doubt home will feel better. My mom passed a few years ago so I am actually kind of jealous you get to go to Mom's for part of recovery. I admit, even at 63, when I get sick I still would like my mama around!

Agree with djklaugh...my bed and side sleeping weren't what I expected. Even now.
Nothing will be overly comfy for a bit.
Hope you have a Good Day tomorrow.
Early days for you....onward and upward.:dogwalk:

You are doing super.
Super Bionic Berber!
One new life, coming right up.
Patience and rest....super job!

Wow, no blood thinners? Is that something they're supposedly working toward?
I hope you're having a good day and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.
Now..no dancing on any tabletops tomorrow. Wait till Christmas, at least.
@Berber7227

Yeah, love Mom. Better when small distance between. Glad she is there for you. Mine came and stayed two days at my sisters and drove me nuts. No wonder my daughter chooses to work two jobs and go to school and stay broke to live away from me:loll:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom