TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

Hope you are having a lovely day!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!
    IMG_2111.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 146
Hi Helen,
Just catching up on your thread, and it sounds like you're doing beautifully.You were so helpful and encouraging to me when I had my surgery. I still have your soup recipe! Wishing you the very best with your recovery and hope things continue to go smoothly. --Julie
 
I was able to talk my PT on knee #2 that twice a week was plenty for PT since I already knew the drill.
 
@kneeper You're probably more disciplined than I and actually do the exercises at home. I would rather go to PT and socialize while doing them! Also, I live in a small community where everybody knows your name. :wave:

I'm at that point of almost being bored and ready for this recovery to be over...KNOWING full well, it is FAR from over! On these days, I am especially thankful for Bonesmart friends!
 
Those are some fine lookin' knees Helen - you can hardly see a scar on your first one and the new one looks very healthy.:smile2:
 
Helen, thanks for sharing your pride and joy! Isn't it so amazing to have straight legs? When I had one straight and one waiting-to-be-straight, the difference was so apparent. It also makes me feel reassured to see the dimple in your right knee - mine "dents in" just like that too, and I sometimes wonder what's wrong. Nothing, I guess! Mine are also white-white now, but until a day or two ago, I had one orange, one white. That orange stuff they used in surgery didn't come off after several showers.

Even though we have a long way to go, it's nice to see things getting better and better. Hang in there!
 
@Happydale I was just sitting here looking at the right knee and thinking I've never noticed the dimple before or the ravine at the top! Wonder if these have developed over the past 3 wks as I've used it more? Or just my chubby knee. Who knows! I NEVER wear shorts in public and would NEVER post pics anywhere but here among TKR friends:wink:.
And yes, that orange stuff was hard to get off! But, I had C2,3 & 4 nerve ablation and the
" stuff" was blue on my neck and ears!
 
Oh Helen, it's not that your knees are so white, it's your shorts are so dark, lol! Wear a pair of light colored shorts and you'll see what I mean! Besides, the knees look great! Your scar from #1 is barely visible!:SUNsmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom