TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

Yikes, there was a mouse in the house!!! I'd have been right up on that table with you Helen; hah! Actually, I would've beaten you up there 'cuz I'm probably a bit faster than you right now. :happydance: How a small critter like that can inspire such terror is beyond me, but....it can. But, I'm not overly fond of insects either....eeeuuuww! I'll bet that rodent boosted everyone's adrenaline right off the Richter Scale, lol.

I saw you in the ODIC today and must, say, your peach cobbler was divine! Now I'll need the recipe and I'll bet you have one for some outstanding, authentic, Southern Fried Chicken. Virtually no one up here knows how to make that gem and I sure do like it!

FWIW, I don't really do any PT stuff at home either. Why? Because I feel I need those days in-between to rest, recuperate, live my life and just do my ADL's. If my recovery takes longer as a result, so be it. :SUNsmile:
 
9 hours of sleep?!? What is that? I wake about every 2 hours. I'm really looking forward to a good nights sleep. I,too, turn to BoneSmart to see what's going on and look for answers to all my questions
 
@Pheebs52 Great seeing you at ODIC! I was there due to PT. Peach Cobbler will have to be another day as the peaches were not ripe enough. Recipe for fried chicken? Surely you jest? In the South, you're born with it ingrained! :heehee:

I was quite relieved that the mouse was gone, however, that gave them more time to concentrate on additional pain and torture for me. :groan:

@Nonna2017 Sleep will come...eventually. I have been blessed with it this time. No idea why, but I am very thankful!! I can assure you, with my first TKR it was not so. Maybe I paid my dues to the Sleep Fairy??

@nensi DH received a notification last night of a pkg delivery to come from FedX ....darn him! He researched the source and found out he's getting chocolates! I wanted to surprise him!! Pooh!
 
Makeup for me is just Sunday mornings before church unless there's something special I go to. That's few and far between!
 
A friend coached me about hair, makeup and jewelry before surgery - she insisted that it was a part of the healing process, helps you feel good about yourself. I followed her advice closely, but have been slacking off a bit and I have noticed a bit more negativity in my day. Just catching a glance of myself in the mirror and thinking, euh / looking a bit pale is enough. Get the paint out !
 
I don't mind putting it on, but I hate taking it off. My momma taught me to "never go to bed with make up, you'll ruin your linens". Going out for lunch tomorrow with an old friend, so it's a full make up day!
 
Hahaha! Make up? I put some on Day 2 in the hospital because I looked in the mirror and scared myself
Then when I got home, I could hardly find the energy to take myself to the bathroom let alone stand there and put make up on. It wasn't until about week 6 post op that I started blowing my hair dry ( once in a while) and putting on some make up! I must say, it does make me feel like I have rejoined the human race when I do it but I save it for days I am leaving the house lol! You know, conserve energy where and when you can!
 
I always blew dry my hair (hospital bed head), but I remember telling me PTs in transition care that "I usually look so much better than this" through tears. :heehee: Then 4 months after TKR I took boxes of chocolate to the unit for nurses, PTs, OTs and aides. I had come from my morning of teaching, so I was MADE UP including scarf/jewelry, so when I walked up to the nurses center where they were standing and said hello my favorite nurse asked how he could help. I introduced myself and their jaws dropped! My PT gave me a hug and said I looked beautiful! So good for for my ego! Of course, the last time they saw me I was still fighting an infection...
 
Awww, Helen, you mean due to an accident of birth, I'll never be able to have some decent fried chicken at home ? Wah!!! Dh does have a pretty good recipe that involves soaking in buttermilk overnight, but I dunno, it's not exactly the same as I've tasted in southern restaurants. There's just some little sumthin' missing, lol.

Make-up? On indoor days? Hmm....no, just some lipstick, mostly so I don't look like a ghost and frighten myself in the mirror and to prevent chapping. On PT days, some powder, lipstick and a touch of eyebrow mascara....those gray eyebrows are scary! Social event? A mask.:heehee:
 
I've never bought or worn make-up (well maybe once or twice in my 20s) - except for Halloween make-up :yikes:
 
I never wore it in the 60's or 70's but then, who did? Back then, not much was worn at all, lol!
 
Ok girls. Tomorrow I challenge ya'll to put on makeup, if only a touch...blush, mascara or full face - whatever floats your boat- plus lipstick and earrings. Yes, you heard me, earrings! ( Mama would have said pearls.)
Then check in tomorrow night and tell me how it made you feel...I'm betting on a change of mood!! :wink:
 
@nensi, yes indeed.:wink:

Wait.....I already wear my earrings every day, so does that count Helen?
 
Back
Top Bottom