TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

Congrats on the great sleep Helen!! :sleep: Enjoy this day with a little extra energy that you are sure to have as a result! Good luck with stepping off the heavy meds.
 
What? 9 hours of deep zzz's Helen? Hmm...do you have a special *connection* somewhere, you know, an *in* with the Sleep Fairy? :heehee: Seriously, buy a lottery ticket today, lol, you're bound to win something! Great news!
 
Hurraahhhhh! Staples were removed today!!! I feel as though that is a big hurdle!
Still sleeping well and long...ahhhhhh.... glorious!
Ditching the walker this week for a cane... dancing a slight jig!
Life is good!
 
Yippee for staple removal - that is a milestone. And the sleeping . . . . there are sure to be some folks who are envious of that at less than 1 month! This is a great week for you Helen - enjoy.:dancy::spin::egypdance:
 
What a huge step getting those staples out! No more of that bad pulling! I wanted to dance a jig, too!
 
You are inspiring me, Helen! I thought my PT was nuts to suggest trying the cane at our next meeting, but maybe it's time. I really believe good sleep helps alleviate the pain, so you're getting ahead of the whole pain/sleep cycle. And everything gets better when you're finished with the heavy duty pain meds. You got this!
 
Great things happening. Staples out and sleep! I still struggle with sleep and wake up between 3&4 every night. Sometimes I can go back to sleep sometimes not. How wonderful for you!
 
Yippeee!:dancy: Staple Removal Day is one of the most exciting milestones! Ditching the walker is priceless. And the sleeping? Heaven sent. This is a Red-Letter week Helen, and I know you're enjoying it to the max!:happydance:
 
@becticu I still wake up around 3, but only for a quick potty trip. I've been doing that for years, sometimes going right back to sleep, sometimes not. Perhaps I'm catching up on lost sleep?

@Happydale I will leave the walker in the bedroom for those 3 am trips to potty. I'm not too steady at that hour!

@Pheebs52 I'm about 2 weeks ahead of last time. I credit it to not having general anesthesia. Or maybe it is less scary the second time around? Either way, I'm very happy and getting a little cabin fever. Although going out to PT 3x wk has been entertaining!

Today, as DH and I entered the PT facility, a small mouse scampered in with us! For 30 minutes 3 girls chased the mouse around the room with a broom, trash can and a sheet! It was hysterical! I'm not fond of mice, so I quickly scooted onto a vacant PT table with feet well out of the melee! They were determined to escort him back outside. I would have had no qualms about squashing him! They cornered him in an office and as we left, the director, who took out my staples, was going to try to resolve the whole thing! I hope when I go back Wed, he is gone! :rofsign:
 
Back to Pt today and now, as Paul Harvey would say, here is the rest of the (mouse) story...
The PT manager told the "girls" he would give them $10 if they caught the mouse in 10 minutes...
Guess what! It worked!! :heehee:

They added several stretches and balance items to my routine today PLUS I got on the bike! Needless to say, I simply sat there and GENTLY rocked it! However, I can already feel the swelling....ouch! Ice, ice, ice!
Tomorrow will be a "take it easy day" and Friday I will question so much so soon! I do not do PT on none PT days. Didn't on the first knee and it is fine. They'll never convince me otherwise, especially when I'm going 3x wk!

We did talk about an extension stretch that I will start soon...those of you having trouble with extension might want to try, if you've not already. Lie crosswise the bed with your thighs at the edge of the mattress and your legs hanging off....gravity does the work. Only stay like this for a few seconds at the time, increasing time until you can do it for 30 seconds. DO NOT add weights to your ankles!
 
Helen, letting my leg bridge between the chair I was sitting in and my ottoman helped extention. I had a hard time laying on my stomach for quite a few months.
 
Absolutely, Helen, a few minutes a day to start. I just found it uncomfortable to lay on my stomach or to even get in that position.
 
Back
Top Bottom