TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

That's it then Helen. I'm coming in the fall, lol. I've always wanted to see your region and now that everyone is going to be there, I can't resist. I'll bring party hats and adult libations.
 
You were definitely wise to cancel the party. However, regarding the eclipse! Yes - I'm in the 2 minute, 30 second zone of total darkness. I have my glasses and can't wait. I want to observe what the animals do during this especially the horses. T-shirts in our area are selling like hotcakes.
 
I'd love to hear about your experiences of the eclipse.
Can you put them in a thread in the Social Room?
 
Well, I hate to be the one to break it to you Helen, but you are not Wonder Woman! :heehee: Of course you are totally. Wiped. Out. You have been quite active for only a month out. Hoping that you have been spending the weekend so far with legs up, ice on, and doing not much of anything except healing! :)
 
Awwww ladies......sounds like fun to meet up if you live nearby! Helen, I think you were wise to change the pot luck venue. Now you can relax and enjoy the eclipse! ( with your knees up of course!)
 
I'm sure you did the right thing to cancel the party, Helen. I'm 6 weeks out and scaled my original notions of a big eclipse party back too. I'm only having my kids plus spouses and sigficant others. 7 people all together. I think I definitely had unrealistic expectations going into this surgery. A month ago I was thinking 20-25 people. Now just the kids sounds good and this will be pretty informal with them doing most of the work. I am going to make an eclipse cake though. And the kids will mostly handle the grill. Hooray for scaling down and being realistic enough to enjoy things.
 
Helen, I will definitely let you know when we plan to visit Murphy. DH is having his left TKR on Oct 25 so it will be before then. It would be great for @jboles and @Pheebs52 to come too!

Pheebs I know you're probably a tad too far but we will get you south one of these days. I haven't piped up my opinion on your retirement destination yet but you can imagine...

I hope you feel a little more rested tomorrow. I'm having another sleepless night tonight....
 
Hahaha, @becticu, I think I can imagine your thoughts about my retirement destination. Perhaps a trip down to the Southern end of the Appalachian trail will change my mind a bit?

Ugh, another sleepless night Becky! This has to end...soon!
 
@Pheebs52 :welome: Anytime you want to explore the southern end of the AT, you have a place to stay!
It is a lovely place to retire, you just have to adjust your expectations and go to the city for Retail Therapy every so often.

I hate that you were sleepless again. Ugh! Hopefully, you'll get a nap today? Your ravioli have migrated south. I have tiny ones along the incision or maybe it's fat??
 
Aw, Helen, what a gracious invitation! Believe it or not, a few years ago, I looked online at several properties in Murphy, but DH wasn't ready to retire at that point. I know we'd love the scenic beauty, milder climate and for the most part, would not miss big cities, but...but....everyone we know is here. That makes the decision of *where to retire* so darn difficult! It really does, but perhaps that's crazy?

It wasn't me who was sleepless...oh nooo, I slept like the dead. It was Becky, and she's been struggling with sleeplessness for quite some time now. I wish I could lend her some of my zzzz's ability!
 
Hey Helen and Becky @becticu - Do you ever go to Rickard's Ridge BBQ at the Caryville exit off I75 north of Knoxville? It is one of my favourite spots to stop on our trips to and from Florida. On Monday and Thursday evenings they have live bluegrass music featuring mostly locals. We love it and now that I am thinking my knees can make the trip this winter, I look forward to another visit!
 
Last edited:
Helen, LOL! My biggest *ravioli* is about the size of two thumb-tips, smooshed together. The smaller one has receded quite a bit, but not this dastardly lump; pffft! Maybe it is fat and that's why it isn't disappearing? But, if so, it doesn't have a corresponding twin on the other leg; hah! Oh, that and none of my other fat is painful to the touch like this thing.:heehee:

I've also just this week noticed a rather pronounced dent at the top of my incision when I extend my leg. I guess it's the exact opposite of a ravioli, eh? A mini-canyon, lol.

I wonder if anyone besides me have notice an increase in varicose veins along the shin since TKR? Mine seem much more prominent now. Oh well, c'est la vie!
 
Back
Top Bottom