TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

I don't know what everyone else is seeing, but I can see nothing but my own posts!

I will report on my outing yesterday anyway! I drove ( yeahhhh! ) to my hair appt and to the bank drive through. It was a BIG afternoon out! At 4 wks, I am very happy with this progress. Admittedly, I was pooped when I got home. "Normal" is definitely coming......baby steps.
 
Yay! Driving adds a little more independence!

I'm still having my problems as well. Hopefully we'll be situated soon. :yes:
 
Sounds like you had a great outing Helen -- and hope you are not too much "worse for wear" today. My tech issues seem to be resolved - hope they are for you as well.
 
Last edited:
Glad to be back among BS Buddies! :wave:

A tad bit tired today, but icing, elevating and going to PT this afternoon. Then we will hunker down until all the Zombie hunters leave our little community after the Eclipse! :eyebrows:
 
Go Helen! You are now an official Road Warrior! I'm so pleased for you![emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Helen, isn't itbeonderful to get your hair done, or hair "did" as they say in the south and in some movies!

I think you are near Murphy. I just saw a story on the Chattanooga news about Murphy and the eclipse. They were interviewing Barbara somebody or other. They showed the MAC aka as Murphy Art Center and wondered if any of your painting were in that shop? I know they're expecting huge crowds in that tiny town and you have your own great place to watch and entertain family and friends. It was just neat to see your little town and wonder if your painting were in that store. We are about two hours from you! Not going on ecipse day tho... I hope PT was good today.
 
@becticu That was probably Barbara Hughes, the mayors wife. I went to Murphy for hair appt yesterday. It's about 7 miles. No, I don't have anything at MAC. My art is in Waynesville, NC, Hayesville, NC and Blairsville, GA. That's about all I can handle right now!We are in for the weekend. Crowds are of no interest to me nor my TKR! Lol!

I had a reality check this week and cancelled the potluck supper for 14 at our house. I told them my knee was simply not ready. They all understood and the party was moved to another house. Whew! My PT thought that was a better plan, too!
 
Eclipse zombies! Gotta love it. I'm so envious of anyone who lives in the total solar eclipse zone. I'll have to live vicariously through live TV.

You were wise to cancel the potluck at your house. Even when we think we might, possibly, be ready to host an event, we're probably not ready. So much better for you to be a guest this time around.
 
Glad to hear that you are making some smart decisions to stay out of ODIC, and out of zombie land!:heehee:
 
Wise decision to cancel the party Helen and now you can just be a guest at someone else's gala! :SUNsmile: That means you can leave when you and your knee want to, lol! Hosting is so much work, even if you enjoy it and not something to be taken lightly while we are recovering.
 
Thanks all for your confirmation of my decision! It is rare for me to cancel, especially hosting a meal! So, this was a HUGE concession. But, after 2 days out this week, I am wiped OUT! Guess it was good that happened BEFORE the party! It is a very informal gathering, so everyone understood. :bored:
 
Two days out and about is very tiring at just 4 weeks post-op Helen, so good for you in recognizing that and placing yourself and your knee first. You can reclaim your "Pearl Mesta," of the mountains title at a later date when you, your knee and your energy level is much more *normal.*

I recently hosted 4 family members for a weekend, and though all of them understood the situation here and were very helpful, I found it very tiring. This was an overnighter situation though, so may have been different if it was just a dinner party with friends. What I found while they were here, was despite my best intentions and theirs, I was just on my feet way too much and I paid it for the next day. I was about 10 or 11 weeks post-op then, so still not out of the woods when it comes to entertaining.
 
Hi Helen, that is who they interviewed. Evidently she is in charge of the event. Everyone has confirmed your decision and I'm jumping on that bandwagon as well. You can come and go as "kneeded", ha ha. Just a month out and entertaining I can't imagine. My Aunt and Uncle and family were passing through from Iowa yesterday and at 10 weeks I didn't want to deal with house guests and cooking. We went out and had a wonderful visit.

When it gets a little cooler DH and I are going to plan a Saturday convertible ride over to Murphy and poke around a bit. Have a restful weekend!
 
Back
Top Bottom