Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

Tip: If a *busy-brain* is keeping you awake, sometimes, no guarantees, it can be helpful to actually make a list of all the things we think need doing, well before we try to go to bed. That way, the brain might become *free* to do what it's actually supposed to; shut down. :sigh: When all else fails, I'm told there's radio golfing, lol. @liam2015 can tell you all about that; hah!
 
BTW, when is your Eclipse Gala? Do you have room for one more? I'll bring some wonderful, homemade brownies and a bottle of very adult grape.:happydance:
 
@Pheebs52 You made me laugh out loud! We seem to be on similar paths..... I've slept like a rock since surgery, so I really should not complain! I had a boss tell me once that he had me figured out..I want it perfect, I want it all and I want it now. He is the only man in my life who has ever "gotten" me! Sigh...and that about sums up last night, too!

I've had my shower ( dressed, hair and make up) and am patiently icing and waiting DH to shower so he can escort me downstairs. I have a project that needs to be finished today and delivered to a shop tomorrow. Nothing like pressure to produce! Maybe this afternoon I can get a nap! At about 3, I will be on my face!

The Eclipse Gala ( or Eclipse-agaden) starts here on Friday. Better get moving and baking...we have plenty of room! No one is staying here ( thank goodness!) but all of our part time neighbors will be here with their friends from ATL and FL. I've offered space for the meal, paper products and a dish or two. That's about all I can muster at this point! Any other time, I would be prepping already! Predictions are for thousands of people from ATL to descend on our little community. Mind boggling! We have the perfect viewing place on our driveway and do not plan to budge from our mountain. The road leading to our private road is under repair, so I doubt anyone will venture close to us. We are in the path for 100% darkness. Viewing glasses and commemorative tshirts are ready!
 
Hmm...wonder if I could somehow *beam* there, Star Trek style? I know I can't drive that far....yet. I'm sure you are nowhere near an airport, so, that leaves *beaming*! I'll give it a whirl, lol. If you see some swirling, colored dots massing into an unknown form on your front porch, don't fret, it's just me.:heehee:

Yikes, thousands of people from the ATL metro descending upon a tiny mountain hamlet? Hopefully, they don't find your road; hahahaha!

I think you're doing a miraculous hostess job just in offering your place to the neighbors, never mind supplying the paper goods and a few dishes. I also know you're going to have a blast.:egypdance: Just the ticket for a big spirit booster after all you've been through!
 
@Pheebs52 I'll be on the lookout for your glittering mass and caution DH not to get after you with the blower! :heehee:

I have super energy today! This really scares me! It's like all of a sudden I have waked up and am making up for lost time! I finished my project, packaged and ready for DH to deliver to the shop tomorrow while I am in a church committee mtg. Sure hope the energy lasts through then! It would be really embarassing to face plant in the mtg!

Has anyone else experienced this burst of energy??? :fasthorse:
 
Oh yes - experienced it, overdid it, and was sorry afterward so be careful . . . . save some for the big eclipse day!
 
Been there several times Helen and paid my dues, hahaha! But, generally, not always, the dues have been worth it! Hopefully you won't owe any tomorrow!
 
No problems with burst of energy. I was out most of today, PT, errands, meeting, etc....some swelling, but nothing ice and elevation couldn't fix! Incision is looking better. Only 2 steri strips hanging on! Driving myself to hair appt tomorrow.
:dancy:
 
I found that a day of extra activity was always followed by a day of rest! It's like the body had to recoup.
 
@sistersinhim I'm resting up now for my big afternoon out at the hair salon! :) I think it will make me feel like a new woman! :curtsey:


I completely forgot to share this tip. Yesterday at PT my lower back/ hip was hurting. I suspected either something was out of alignment or Piraformis syndrone ( again! )
PT checked my pelvis and one side was lower. They adjusted it and the pain was gone! They said it was aggravated by my uneven gait. So, @Pheebs52 , I will practice gliding!
 
Last edited:
Oh, the visit to the hair dresser will feel so good! Everything normal feels good again, at least the first few times. It just gets better, too. And I also miss the buttons!
 
You will definitely feel like a new woman! I posted about some tech issues in social forum, and they are aware of and are working on those :yes:
 
Good for you Helen. I'm afraid we are probably going to miss the eclipse due to cloudy rainy weather but the weather man has been wrong before! Enjoy the new "do" but don't push too much activity without lots of rest in between! You know what to do!!
I miss the buttons too!
 
Helen, everything is a bit different, but I don't think they're done with the site. Maybe the "likes" will make a come back.
 
I just checked and they are still working out some kinks. Just have some more patience! :heehee:
 
Back
Top Bottom