Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

I think each of us have learned to take one day/one victory at a time! God is good.:wink:​
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes God is Great! I am having some pain with my knee but I think it is from overexertion. I was doing too much, not resting or icing. Hmmm that sounds like a recipe for pain huh!:wink: I will be getting tested next Wednesday to find out if the infection has been blasted out of my body. I finished the high powered Zyvox on Sunday, so we will have a true measurement to check for the infection. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I have not ruled out Mayo clinic because I need to find a permanent solution to the horrible MRSA "bug"!:shk:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You are being VERY wise, Sonja....well, except for the "overdoing" it part. But....that's pretty normal!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

That is so great, Sonja!!!! Congrats!!!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well Hello Everyone! I have a problem that has decided to enter my life. My knee is in horrible pain, and so is the back of my calf again.:cry: I have been at the point where I want to scream all day! It started last night and now my left knee is starting to hurt too. The knee is not red or anything, but it hurts like ":shk:!" The dr's office and the PT haven't made connections on me starting Outpatient PT and so I am a week behind.
I can't understand why I am suddenly in this much pain!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, I'm so sorry to hear you were hurting last night. How are things today??? I sure hope it's better.....
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja...what did you do yesterday and the day before? Often sudden onset pain and swelling means doing something different.

Did you do laundry? Load the dishwasher? Walk outside in the yard?
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

My thoughts exactly, Barb
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, I was chasing my Dachshund puppy around the living room and kitchen trying to get a piece of paper out of her mouth now that I think about it!:doh: Does that count?:D
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Ummmmm....yeeessssss.....that is most likely the root of your pain, my dear......

SCORE: Doggie - 1 New Knee - 0
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

You know without Barb mentioning it, I would not have figured it out though.:D I have been chasing Brandy (my new puppy) around a lot lately. She loves for me to play chase and it wears me out but I hadn't thought about it affecting my knees!:hehe: I am obivously in denial or am just plain crazy! :rotfl:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well, yes, Sonja....it would make a difference. Think about all the movements you are putting your knees through....running, fast stops and turns, some twisting, bounching and bobbing, crouching.....heck, I'm getting tired just thinking of it all!!! :hehe:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Me too!!! LOL
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well Brandy (my puppy) :dogkiss: and I had to have a little "talk" today. I told her that although it might be fun for her to be chased, my knees weren't up to it right now! Of course she understood EVERY word as she reached up and grabbed a paper towel that my husband had. I didn't chase her though she didn't have nearly as much fun! LOL:D My knees are feeling better since the "mysterious" malady was figured out. I see the dr. on Wed. to see if any infection from MRSA made it through all we did. I am praying that everying is clear, that would be such a load off of my mind!:pray:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

I'm praying for you, hon!!!

Aren't puppies a trip???
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hmmmm......puppies as a PT tool? I can see it now: a room full of puppies and TKR people chasing after them. Of course, your PT would have to give you a prescription--the first week you just get to watch the puppies while you do other exercises; week 2, walk through the area avoiding puppies and people; week 3, 5 minutes of puppy chasing.....

:dogkiss:

Weezy

yes, I'm still avoiding doing the dishes! or work! or anything!
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes, puppies are definitely a trip! PT with puppies? Well I can tell you that I would only need one! Brandy is a bundle of energy and keeps me on my toes! LOL

Yesterday I fell while letting the dogs back in. My left foot made it over the ledge, but my right one didn't. OUCH :shk: My right knee is banged up and swollen now and I am supposed to start outpatient PT today. Fun fun.:skp: I am having a hard time bending it now and I had reached 118 in home bound thepary. Oh well, they will let me know what the exercises will be.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Well today was the big day to find out my results! I wish I had great news; my esr blood level was 1.8 and normal is (.20), and my cpr blood level was 9.8 and normal is 23. My OS is concerned because the inflammation process is increasing already. He says that means I have an infection somewhere in my body and he is concluding it is in my knee because that is where it was before. So, I am back on another month of Zyvox.
I am bummed to say the least, and tomorrow I go back for 2nd visit of outpatient physical therapy. Now that is helping me so I do see something good going on right now, so I am going to try to stay upbeat and get rid of the rest of this "nasty bug.":wink:
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Sonja, have you considered going on to Mayo for a second opinion? It might be a good idea now, given this latest test result.

I know you don't want to hear it, but it could be that you are going to need to have a more aggressive fight against the bacteria.
 
Re: The Story of My Knees

Yes, Jamie I will be calling Mayo Clinic tomorrow after shedding many tears today.:cry: This has been a long day for me. I can't say it was joyous, but at least I had the support of my husband and my mother.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom